News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markcf83

It makes sense for the recent Platinum Enviros at YW not to be branded if,as expected,they are to be sent elsewhere.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Stu on January 26, 2020, 04:52:11 PM
You could ask the same question of why most of the recent Platinums at YW stayed unbranded.

It is likely they will receive branding in the near future, once they've been moved around after the electrics get delivered.

It appears to be common knowledge that the YW ones are moving so we know that's why they've been untouched but 6945-50 have been at BC a while and don't look likely to move anywhere so it seems a little strange is all.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Jack

Quote from: MasterPlan on January 26, 2020, 05:19:55 PM
It appears to be common knowledge that the YW ones are moving so we know that's why they've been untouched but 6945-50 have been at BC a while and don't look likely to move anywhere so it seems a little strange is all.
Same could be said whether the 23/24, X20/X21/X22 will have their branding finished off or in the new style. I know a couple of the routes have been changed since the 24th July 2018, but surely they can be finished off now?

Stu

If I recall correctly, the batch that arrived at YW for use on the 6 were not originally intended to go there; the YW 6 needed a double-deck upgrade quickly, so I guess that whatever plans had been made had to be changed at short notice.

Hence why six Platinums at BC and the majority of those delivered to YW remained unbranded. It would have been pointless to brand only 6 buses at BC if their route couldn't be fully upgraded.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MasterPlan

Quote from: Stu on January 26, 2020, 05:48:00 PM
If I recall correctly, the batch that arrived at YW for use on the 6 were not originally intended to go there; the YW 6 needed a double-deck upgrade quickly, so I guess that whatever plans had been made had to be changed at short notice.

Hence why six Platinums at BC and the majority of those delivered to YW remained unbranded. It would have been pointless to brand only 6 buses at BC if their route couldn't be fully upgraded.

Again, I'm not talking about route branding though.

Quote from: Stu on January 26, 2020, 05:48:00 PM

The 6 at BC are used on the - X1/X2, 23/24 and Uni routes with the other platinums and these routes are all platinum routes.
They were also delivered a year earlier. 7515 - 7517 which were delivered in 2019 and are used on the same routes are also branded.
So why not the 69XX.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on January 26, 2020, 06:26:42 PM
The 6 at BC are used on the - X1/X2, 23/24 and Uni routes with the other platinums and these routes are all platinum routes.
They were also delivered a year earlier. 7515 - 7517 which were delivered in 2019 and are used on the same routes are also branded.

Yes, we all know that.

Quote from: MasterPlan on January 26, 2020, 06:07:55 PM
Again, I'm not talking about route branding though.

I know, but you're asking why they didn't receive any 'generic' branding, and I'm trying to explain why they didn't.

It would be a waste of time and money applying generic branding, if the intention is for them to be route branded.
My locals:

MasterPlan

Quote from: Stu on January 26, 2020, 06:28:37 PM

I know, but you're asking why they didn't receive any 'generic' branding, and I'm trying to explain why they didn't.

It would be a waste of time and money applying generic branding, if the intention is for them to be route branded.

What would they be route branded for that requires 6 buses or less? As usually branding is done in batches so even if the YW ones are branded for the 45/47 or whatever it may be it's not likely branding will include 6945-50. And as stated above, 7515-17 got generic branding.

Stu

Quote from: MasterPlan on January 26, 2020, 06:55:22 PM
What would they be route branded for that requires 6 buses or less? As usually branding is done in batches so even if the YW ones are branded for the 45/47 or whatever it may be it's not likely branding will include 6945-50. And as stated above, 7515-17 got generic branding.

Well only Tony will have the exact answers, I'm just trying to explain my thoughts on why certain vehicles received no branding, any that did receive generic branding were more than likely always intended to do so.

My locals:

MasterPlan

Quote from: Stu on January 26, 2020, 07:25:01 PM
Well only Tony will have the exact answers, I'm just trying to explain my thoughts on why certain vehicles received no branding, any that did receive generic branding were more than likely always intended to do so.

I know, I was just curious.

don

These were part of a small batch with tachographs, which would be used on private hire when required. You may recall when YW had 61xx for the 50, 6147 and 8 were unbranded for the same reason. I'm pretty sure that's why they aren't branded (two of the batch were replacements for 6147/8 at YW). All reported on here by @Tony at the time.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Jack6101

Quote from: don on January 26, 2020, 08:58:50 PM
These were part of a small batch with tachographs, which would be used on private hire when required. You may recall when YW had 61xx for the 50, 6147 and 8 were unbranded for the same reason. I'm pretty sure that's why they aren't branded (two were replacements for 6147/8 at YW).
All of 6942 to 6951 are tachograhs , but 6942/3/4 and 6951 are all got branded ( not route branded )
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Lukeee

The same could be said for some of PBs recent platinums some had 16 branding, some had generic red branding and a couple had no branding whatsoever.

John

@Solo1

None of those you've posted are very noteworthy. There is at least a Platinum on the Pershore Road every day and, the B7RLEs are on the 97 occasionally too

Jack

Quote from: John on January 28, 2020, 11:19:01 AM
@Solo1

None of those you've posted are very noteworthy. There is at least a Platinum on the Pershore Road every day and, the B7RLEs are on the 97 occasionally too
A B7 is booked on the 97 everyday so it's usual to see one on there. The Bristol Road tends to have the other.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk