News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: Tony on February 05, 2019, 04:45:11 PM
You are entitled to your opinion on them being bland and boring, but they are some of the most reliable buses in the fleet and certainly not lifeless

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Those B7RLEs were the best single deckers I've ever driven. Brilliant all round. All round visibility, performance & comfort. Everything you want.

Dom

Quote from: MW on February 05, 2019, 07:39:33 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Those B7RLEs were the best single deckers I've ever driven. Brilliant all round. All round visibility, performance & comfort. Everything you want.

Completely agree, having sampled them as both passenger and driver, I found them the best on both counts.

Tony

Quote from: Dom on February 05, 2019, 07:42:55 PM
Completely agree, having sampled them as both passenger and driver, I found them the best on both counts.

Bu because they don't make any load noises, have any quirks and just get on with doing what they are supposed to do they are boring

DJ

Quote from: Tony on February 05, 2019, 07:45:12 PM
Bu because they don't make any load noises, have any quirks and just get on with doing what they are supposed to do they are boring

Isn't that what the ideal bus should be? Simple, quiet, clean, reliable and quick?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

j789

Yes the ones we have now on the 144 will be 10 years old this year, and whilst I know they have been refurbished to a good standard, yet feel like brand new buses. Seeing I have a Streetlite (particularly the smaller version) on my duty board for a full 144 56 mile round trip brings absolute dread, yet the Volvos make it a breeze. I do like our Tridents too but they aren't reliable enough anymore to run it (and obviously don't meet the emission regulations anyway). The Volvos remind me of the Leyland Lynx and Dennis Lance which were both lovely to drive too.

winston

Quote from: StourValley98 on February 05, 2019, 07:56:47 PM
Isn't that what the ideal bus should be? Simple, quiet, clean, reliable and quick?

They're not setup for performance, they're setup for maximum fuel efficency.

karl724223

Having driven the Volvo b7 single deckers from new to date yes they are the best single decker I've driven 

Trident 4194

Smell of weed On my bus today was the worst I've ever experienced. As Soon as you entered the smell was awful. Feel for any driver who has to put up with that for a shift.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 06, 2019, 09:25:46 PM
Smell of weed On my bus today was the worst I've ever experienced. As Soon as you entered the smell was awful. Feel for any driver who has to put up with that for a shift.

Hopefully the new bus bylaws should solve that problem

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 06, 2019, 09:40:49 PM
Hopefully the new bus bylaws should solve that problem

Who is going to enforce it though the police are already over stretched with other cases etc that it's difficult to enforce
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

MasterPlan

One thing I'd say about the B7RLEs is that the cameras seem to be not working on a few of them now. Or maybe it's just the monitors?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

37351ml

Can anyone confirm if the 08.28 x2 from solihull remains on the x2 all day

Dom

Quote from: 37351ml on February 07, 2019, 08:42:25 AM
Can anyone confirm if the 08.28 x2 from solihull remains on the x2 all day

No goes back to garage.

Solo1

I thought the BBC & call of duty advert buses was going to be withdrawn  with BC new deckers as the contract was this December if I recall reading unless they extended the contract

mesub

Platinum 23 broke down. It's heading back towards the garage now?
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk