News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

Can anybody explain why an X21 would need to run dead to Weoley Castle Square at like half 6 in the morning and run to City from there? It's certainly not timetabled to do so and quite frankly it's unfair on those waiting earlier on the route. Not the first time it's happened either.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Tony

Quote from: MasterPlan on January 22, 2019, 06:45:22 AM
Can anybody explain why an X21 would need to run dead to Weoley Castle Square at like half 6 in the morning and run to City from there? It's certainly not timetabled to do so and quite frankly it's unfair on those waiting earlier on the route. Not the first time it's happened either.

There's several reasons why a bus might be late out of garage. It is not good but it happens

CL

Currently sat on 6842 on the A45 with a *currently* undetermined fate

Apparently, a warning light has popped up on the dash and the driver is currently awaiting further instructions from the engineers as to whether or not it is safe to continue. As much as I understand the safety aspect of this issue, it does come as an inconvenience to a bus full of passengers.

edit: transferred onto the bus behind, 6846, that has skipped out Meriden now* - presumably due to delays

*didn't miss Meriden out in its entirety; came off the A45 and joined Maxstoke Lane to at least stop at the Caravan Club.

In my own experience, I'm finding the 66 plates to become evermore increasingly unreliable. I had 6833 on the X2 the other week, and the engine temporarily gave out under Bordesley Station. Fortunately, we were able to continue after a bit.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Quote from: CL on January 22, 2019, 11:51:33 AM

Apparently, a warning light has popped up on the dash and the driver is currently awaiting further instructions from the engineers as to whether or not it is safe to continue. As much as I understand the safety aspect of this issue, it does come as an inconvenience to a bus full of passengers.

In my own experience, I'm finding the 66 plates to become evermore increasingly unreliable. I had 6833 on the X2 the other week, and the engine temporarily gave out under Bordesley Station. Fortunately, we were able to continue after a bit.
They seem fairly reliable to me, I use them everyday on the X2 and have not seen one break down yet. Any bus can break down to be honest, occassionally i've occasionally seen broken down B7TL on the 11, so its not as if its only these buses that ever break down.
I personally don't see how you can conclude they're unreliable from seeing 2 breakdowns over the course of a few weeeks.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Quote from: CL on January 22, 2019, 11:51:33 AM

edit: transferred onto the bus behind, 6846, that has skipped out Meriden now* - presumably due to delays

*didn't miss Meriden out in its entirety; came off the A45 and joined Maxstoke Lane to at least stop at the Caravan Club.

Buses work very hard and don't get much rest, they work upto 22 hrs a day, 364 days a year with only Christmas Day off and your moaning if one breaks down.

CL

When have I moaned, exactly? ::)

I don't overlook the amount of work these buses endure on a daily basis. The fact that I've recalled only two experiences in which a bus has failed on me should surely indicate how good the general upkeep is for a working vehicle. Even then, on one of the occasions that I've mentioned, I have said that 6833 on the X2 was up and running a few moments later.

I haven't said the 66's are downright unreliable. But being some of the only buses that I've been on where these incidents have happened, I will begin to see a trend in this batch of buses. I don't deny the fact that other buses may break down either.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Jordan

How come the 13:00 and the 13:20 X1 didn't turn up at the swan
my local routes are:

NXWM: 72 72A 17 73
igo 99
sunny travel 71E
r.k. travel 72 and further down the road the 73

Tony

Quote from: Jordan on January 22, 2019, 01:38:18 PM
How come the 13:00 and the 13:20 X1 didn't turn up at the swan

The 13:20 did. It was a few minutes late for the reason you have posted in the other thread, extra diverted traffic on the Coventry Road

Tony

501 is leaving Birmingham Central tomorrow.

I'm driving it back to Kings Ferry, who have a buyer for it

Dutsey

Does anybody know what route 6828 is on today?

Quote from: P419 EJW on January 24, 2019, 07:43:14 PM
4185 was on the X1. It left Birmingham on the X2 at 19:15, so if it manages to stay out all night, then it'll be on the X2 all night.
Very unusual working, I was very surprised to see this earlier, on a peak time overcrowded X1 16:45 Swan to Coventry. I don't thin i've seen a 41XX on there for a long time prior to this. Presumably this will be the last 41XX to work these routes.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Nx Sam

The first time 4185 came in today it's destination was showing 60 and then it went out on the X1 actually I was the me and Jordan was the first people to see it this evening and then I saw it later on on the X2

mesub

Does anyone know what's going on with the temporary stop between Quinton Road and Barnes Hill? Is it going to actually turn into a bus pole or stay a sign forever?
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

MasterPlan

See 4148 is still going, on the 63. Can't have long left now surely.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

mesub

Is 6946 for Private hire? I'm on it now and it has this additional red box. Is it a tachometer/ graph?
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk