News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 20, 2018, 06:47:09 PM
In all honesty I can see the X21 going the same way as the X64 due to half-arsed attempts at it. NX are probably wanting it to fail.

What is the difference between the X21 & X64? Genuinely, I'm unfamiliar with the route
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stu

Quote from: Mike K on August 20, 2018, 06:44:20 PM
I'd agree that the X21 being part of a Platinum branded corridor but not having Platinum vehicles is a bit strange, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a short term thing until the next new Platinums are delivered. This might free up some to convert the X21. I can't see B7RLEs remaining at BC and on the X21.

I agree, I was thinking the same thing too - my guess is that the X21 will also become Platinum once there are more vehicles available, hence the inclusion of that route on the current branding.

As for the pointless argument going on regarding the allocation of the 'spare' Platinums, with summer timetables in place on some routes, thus a lower PVR, there will be a number of 'spare' Platinum vehicles available, and I'm sure NX Bus will use them where they see fit, in lieu of older, less fuel-efficient Tridents. Where they appear on other non-Platinum routes, just consider it a bonus for the passengers.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BK63 YWP

There are 75 new platinums coming so BC will probably gain a few to cover the X21. I have a feeling West Brom (74?), Coventry (11/12/12X) and Yardley Wood (50?) might get some platinums as those garages have not got any
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

MasterPlan

Quote from: Sh4318 on August 20, 2018, 06:49:18 PM
What is the difference between the X21 & X64? Genuinely, I'm unfamiliar with the route

There isn't much difference in truth. It misses the odd stop on Bath Row and a couple in Selly Oak. It takes the 29's exit from Weoley Castle along Gregory Avenue (in an attempt to replace it I'm guessing) instead of Barnes Hill and Woodcock Lane. And it stops short by the Bangham Pit Estate, Woodcock Hill instead of going to Field Lane, Bartley Green (For some reason).

Quote from: Stu on August 20, 2018, 06:54:06 PM
I agree, I was thinking the same thing too - my guess is that the X21 will also become Platinum once there are more vehicles available, hence the inclusion of that route on the current branding.

I doubt it, but if they do does that mean more will be Uni branded? Like 6890-92 for example?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Dom

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on August 20, 2018, 07:01:55 PM
There are 75 new platinums coming so BC will probably gain a few to cover the X21. I have a feeling West Brom (74?), Coventry (11/12/12X) and Yardley Wood (50?) might get some platinums as those garages have not got any

I don't get what everybody's obsession with the 74 going platinum is. I genuinely cannot see that happening. Too much trouble and damage on there.

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on August 20, 2018, 07:01:55 PM
You have a feeling? Its been said allocations haven't been decided yet, I don't know why you'd expect them to all go to those garages just because they haven't got any platinums yet they could always go to garages that have already got them eg, Wolverhampton, Acocks Green and Birmingham Central?
The 2017 batch of platinums all went to Birmingham Central, BC already had a batch of 2016 platinums.
They could probably end up on any key route in the West Midlands, its pointless speculating.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Dom on August 20, 2018, 07:09:21 PM
I don't get what everybody's obsession with the 74 going platinum is. I genuinely cannot see that happening. Too much trouble and damage on there.

I just thought WB could get a platinum route and hazarded a guess the 74 or maybe the 13s

And @2206 the current platinums are branded for the X21/2/3 so I guess the X21 might get some... or the 60... (sarcasm there)
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Dom

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on August 20, 2018, 07:12:26 PM
I just thought WB could get a platinum route and hazarded a guess the 74 or maybe the 13s

I doubt the 13s due to the split garages between PN and WB.

MW

11A/11C going Platinum. You heard it here first 😂😂😂😂

No but in all seriousness, the only garage that I'd expect Platinums to arrive at would be BC (X21) and CV to replace the former Premier 993/997 Enviros. We shall see what actually happens though. It'd be nice to get some Volvo chassis Platinums but that's just wishful thinking.

Mike K

Quote from: 2206 on August 20, 2018, 07:10:16 PM
You have a feeling? Its been said allocations haven't been decided yet, I don't know why you'd expect them to all go to those garages just because they haven't got any platinums yet they could always go to garages that have already got them eg, Wolverhampton, Acocks Green and Birmingham Central?
The 2017 batch of platinums all went to Birmingham Central, BC already had a batch of 2016 platinums.
They could probably end up on any key route in the West Midlands, its pointless speculating.

It's called speculation, it is allowed (probably more for the new deliveries thread than here, but seeing as we were on the subject of the X21. I happen to agree on the 50, it strikes me as a candidate for Platinums - high profile, high frequency route with competition.

Jack

You have an obsession with moaning about the 74 being Platinum... 'too much trouble and damage' every route is the same, you get trouble on nice routes and damage. Can't just say the 74 is the worst.

Maybe as it's the fastest and direct bus linking West Brom and Birmingham? Or maybe competing with the Metro between there?

Quote from: Mike K on August 20, 2018, 07:26:18 PM
It's called speculation, it is allowed (probably more for the new deliveries thread than here, but seeing as we were on the subject of the X21. I happen to agree on the 50, it strikes me as a candidate for Platinums - high profile, high frequency route with competition.
I'm surprised the X70 has never gone Platinum, fully.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Jack on August 20, 2018, 07:50:36 PM
You have an obsession with moaning about the 74 being Platinum... 'too much trouble and damage' every route is the same, you get trouble on nice routes and damage. Can't just say the 74 is the worst.

If WB are to get a platinum route it has to the the 74, surely? Or whatever replaces it at some point.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Jack

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 20, 2018, 07:57:46 PM
If WB are to get a platinum route it has to the the 74, surely? Or whatever replaces it at some point.
I'd say so... can't really see anything else get them.

Quote from: Jack on August 20, 2018, 08:07:48 PM
I'd say so... can't really see anything else get them.
82/87?
Quote from: Jack on August 20, 2018, 07:50:36 PM

Maybe as it's the fastest and direct bus linking West Brom and Birmingham? Or maybe competing with the Metro between there?
I'm surprised the X70 has never gone Platinum, fully.
Maybe there's not enough for the X70 as well as the other routes (X1, etc)?
The Birmingham Outer Circle would certainly be a good candidate in my opinion, being a major route, high frequency, busy route, with key links between many places? Replacing the old B7TL ALX400 on the major route.

Wolverhampton 79 maybe as well? Competing with the metro as well and replacing the old Tridents.

Quote from: Mike K on August 20, 2018, 07:26:18 PM
I doubt they'd be allocated to it just because "the garage has never had a platinum before though", your average passenger will never know what garages have platinums and which ones don't
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

I really don't get it either, I mean perhaps one could use the same logic as the 23/24 in that it's a high frequency route but hell Harborne and Handsworth are nowhere near similar areas
If West Brom were to get Platinums then honestly the only route that'd make sense is the 5 (potential bias, but genuinely think this)
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk