News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 20, 2018, 07:57:46 PM
If WB are to get a platinum route it has to the the 74, surely? Or whatever replaces it at some point.

5? 80/80A?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Jack

Quote from: Kevin on August 20, 2018, 09:15:22 PM
I really don't get it either, I mean perhaps one could use the same logic as the 23/24 in that it's a high frequency route but hell Harborne and Handsworth are nowhere near similar areas
If West Brom were to get Platinums then honestly the only route that'd make sense is the 5 (potential bias, but genuinely think this)
5??? They'd be wrecked in minutes and trashed in seconds. The E400's have already been wrecked and they've not been on it a year!!

SK68MEV

Quote from: Jack on August 20, 2018, 10:10:35 PM
5??? They'd be wrecked in minutes and trashed in seconds. The E400's have already been wrecked and they've not been on it a year!!
now your just exaggerating and you can’t just say the 74 is a bad route what about the 14

Edit: Thought you were talking about the 74
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

SK68MEV

Quote from: 2206 on August 20, 2018, 08:11:31 PM
82/87?Maybe there's not enough for the X70 as well as the other routes (X1, etc)?
The Birmingham Outer Circle would certainly be a good candidate in my opinion, being a major route, high frequency, busy route, with key links between many places? Replacing the old B7TL ALX400 on the major route.

Wolverhampton 79 maybe as well? Competing with the metro as well and replacing the old Tridents.
I doubt they'd be allocated to it just because "the garage has never had a platinum before though", your average passenger will never know what garages have platinums and which ones don't
i think it’s going to get platinum branded when the new 68 regs come and I think the X12 should get a few more and didn’t the 50 get new buses 3 years ago
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

MasterPlan

How come the Hybrids have never had the next stop announcements advertised like the Platinums have?

Also have NX ever considered WiFi on the Hybrids or is that not feasible?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

John

Why are we saying a x21 branded Platinum is noteworthy on the X21??

Jack

Quote from: John on August 28, 2018, 07:05:33 AM
Why are we saying a x21 branded Platinum is noteworthy on the X21??
As the X21 is B7RLE's?

John

Quote from: Jack on August 28, 2018, 10:37:40 PM
As the X21 is B7RLE's?

But Platinums are on there too. Surely if the X21 is not to be MMC operated, the branding would not have the X21 on it as it is. It would have been like the X61 branding mentioning the 63

MasterPlan

Because despite the branding it's not a platinum route. It's really no different than somebody noting a Gemini on the 33 in that sense.

John

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 29, 2018, 06:52:04 AM
Because despite the branding it's not a platinum route. It's really no different than somebody noting a Gemini on the 33 in that sense.

A Gemini on the 33 is not noteworthy either. Proves my point again, as you have already seen 2 MMCs on there already this morning

Is there any reason why the next stop anouncements on the Coventry Road platinums repeat themselves -
Anouncing this before stopping at the stop:
" The Next Stop Is Coventry Road, Gilberstone Avenue
The Next Stop Is.
The Next Stop Is Coventry Road, Glibersone Avenue.
Coventry Road, Gilberston Avenue"
And then again if they actually stop at the stop:
"Coventry Road, Gilberstone Avenue"

They also announce Solihull Town Centre, Touchwood to late on the X2, anouncing it after it has left the stop when it gets to the roundabout at the other end of the road - by then it is nearly at the Station.
I've noticed over the last few days, the speakers anounce the Next Stop, while the display is still displaying what the previous stop was and they don't change till a while afterwards (the displays change to late at some of the stops).

6848 also anounced "The Next Stop Is Clay Lane" this morning, though the X1 and X2 don't stoping at Clay Lane.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Quote from: 2206 on August 29, 2018, 01:25:10 PM
Is there any reason why the next stop anouncements on the Coventry Road platinums repeat themselves -
The Next Stop Is.

They also announce Solihull Town Centre, Touchwood to late on the X2, anouncing it after it has left the stop when it gets to the roundabout at the other end of the road - by then it is nearly at the Station.
I've noticed over the last few days, the speakers anounce the Next Stop, while the display is still displaying what the previous stop was and they don't change till a while afterwards (the displays change to late at some of the stops).

6848 also anounced "The Next Stop Is Clay Lane" this morning, though the X1 and X2 don't stoping at Clay Lane.

I think the harborne corridor also has the same problem. Keep repeating the next stop is

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 29, 2018, 06:26:06 PM
I think the harborne corridor also has the same problem. Keep repeating the next stop is

All BC routes do it.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 29, 2018, 06:26:06 PM

So do the Uni buses. I'd imagine it's a overall issue.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on August 29, 2018, 01:25:10 PM
The Next Stop Is.

They've all been reprogrammed, the problem is it's been shouted throughout the whole bus.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk