News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Started by davey, May 26, 2013, 06:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 01, 2013, 08:18:48 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 01, 2013, 06:17:59 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 01, 2013, 05:10:26 PM
Also, Stu and Winston, what do you mean when you say you popped down to the depot? Do you look in from outside, or are you allowed on the premises?

Hi Matt,

hope you had a good holiday.

You are right about what happens while you are away.

I think 555 might make a come back, its currently on the front row at depot so i think they might be considering whether it is worth spending money on, unlike 1644 which has been withdrawn.

As for the depot, we ride past in our cars, not allowed past the front gate although you can see a lot from the road. Mind you don't know if i want to go inside the depot the way things are self combusting at the moment.

Yes I had a great holiday thanks Stu, got to sample a variety of Stagecoach North West vehicles and routes.

Is there a bus stop near PN garage? I've only been on the 297 a few times (if I want to go to Merry Hill I get the 141 or 002 and have only been to Gornal Wood a couple of times), and I would rather get off and have a proper look than a fleeting glimpse whilst going past on the bus

They are very near to the garage Matt, so it would be quite easy to get off and walk around the corner and you can see quite a bit of the garage from the road.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 01, 2013, 08:21:56 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 01, 2013, 08:18:48 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 01, 2013, 06:17:59 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 01, 2013, 05:10:26 PM
Also, Stu and Winston, what do you mean when you say you popped down to the depot? Do you look in from outside, or are you allowed on the premises?

Hi Matt,

hope you had a good holiday.

You are right about what happens while you are away.

I think 555 might make a come back, its currently on the front row at depot so i think they might be considering whether it is worth spending money on, unlike 1644 which has been withdrawn.

As for the depot, we ride past in our cars, not allowed past the front gate although you can see a lot from the road. Mind you don't know if i want to go inside the depot the way things are self combusting at the moment.

Yes I had a great holiday thanks Stu, got to sample a variety of Stagecoach North West vehicles and routes.

Is there a bus stop near PN garage? I've only been on the 297 a few times (if I want to go to Merry Hill I get the 141 or 002 and have only been to Gornal Wood a couple of times), and I would rather get off and have a proper look than a fleeting glimpse whilst going past on the bus

They are very near to the garage Matt, so it would be quite easy to get off and walk around the corner and you can see quite a bit of the garage from the road.

Ah ok great thanks Stu, I'm most likely getting a month's bus pass soon so I'll make sure to do that at some point

the trainbasher

Its a 28 minute connection between a ex merry hill arriving and a to merry hill departing (same for the opposite direction)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

nitromatt1

Quote from: trainbasher on June 01, 2013, 09:05:35 PM
Its a 28 minute connection between a ex merry hill arriving and a to merry hill departing (same for the opposite direction)

The 002 and 141 are quicker though, and I usually pick the 141 because of the 09-plate Enviros (which everyone knows I love!)

JackC

Quote from: Trident 4609 on May 31, 2013, 10:54:27 PM
Quote from: BusBuster on May 31, 2013, 10:28:02 PM
Hi guy's,

508 was an electrical loom that caught fire, minor damage.
1644 something came through the top of the engine block - vehicle is a right off.
555 (I was on this one) turbo gone shoving oil into exhaust plus spraying diesel around the engine bay through the cracked turbo housing.

hope that clears a couple points up.

Will 555 be repaired?

Depends if NX think that it's worth paying for a new turbo, cleaning out/replacing the exhaust and giving the engine bay a deep clean. With a list like that, I'd probably say it's not worth it but who knows.

winston

Quote from: JackC on June 01, 2013, 10:33:07 PM
Hi guy's,

1644 something came through the top of the engine block - vehicle is a right off.
555 (I was on this one) turbo gone shoving oil into exhaust plus spraying diesel around the engine bay through the cracked turbo housing.

Will 555 be repaired?

Depends if NX think that it's worth paying for a new turbo, cleaning out/replacing the exhaust and giving the engine bay a deep clean. With a list like that, I'd probably say it's not worth it but who knows.

There are plenty of B6LE in reserve that they could rob the required parts from if 555 is generally in good condition

JackC

Quote from: Winston on June 01, 2013, 10:38:33 PM
Quote from: JackC on June 01, 2013, 10:33:07 PM
Hi guy's,

Will 555 be repaired?

There are plenty of B6LE in reserve that they could rob the required parts from if 555 is generally in good condition

Good point - the reserve fleet completely slipped my mind.

nitromatt1

I can't help worrying that 555 will lose its classic sound which earnt it the Screaming Cat nickname even if it is repaired :(

karl724223

555 is called scooby after the rally car

Trident 4609

Quote from: karl724223 on June 02, 2013, 01:00:45 AM
555 is called scooby after the rally car

Thanks for that info :) Me and Matt gave it the name of Screaming Cat after the noise it makes

ade

Was on the 82 last Friday.

Trident 4609

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk