News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Started by davey, May 26, 2013, 06:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on May 30, 2013, 11:13:52 AM
Quote from: John on May 30, 2013, 09:16:25 AM
Quote from: Winston on May 29, 2013, 11:46:45 PM
Quote from: driver on May 29, 2013, 11:44:07 PM
merc very bad, b6 got towed in but not as bad as the merc

Thanks for the update

Not another Merc gone, that will most likely be a refurb as well

The O405N is 1644

Couldn't see 1644 when I just popped around Pensnett, there was one or two of the engineering bays with the shutters down though. 508 appears to be back out parked in the yard, assume its either repaired or awaiting parts?

Just missed you again Winston.

Popped to PE at 10:30 and 502 was parked on the front row and at the very left, another B6, so far away so couldn't really see properly, but i felt it was 555.

No sign of 1644 and i could see all but one of the bays, so maybe its been taken to another depot. It didn't appear to be on the car park.

I know that people are saying that PE needs more modern single deckers, but these engine fires will do nothing to help the cause. Are NXWM management really going to think that PE needs more buses when they can't take proper care of the ones they have got, surely they could give all the older B6s & Merc engines a steam clean every so often. These engine fires may be being caused by dirt, dust and oil in the engine compartment catching fire.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on May 30, 2013, 01:59:38 PM

Thanks for the update

The O405N is 1644

Couldn't see 1644 when I just popped around Pensnett, there was one or two of the engineering bays with the shutters down though. 508 appears to be back out parked in the yard, assume its either repaired or awaiting parts?

Popped to PE at 10:30 and 502 was parked on the front row and at the very left, another B6, so far away so couldn't really see properly, but i felt it was 555.

No sign of 1644 and i could see all but one of the bays, so maybe its been taken to another depot. It didn't appear to be on the car park.

I know that people are saying that PE needs more modern single deckers, but these engine fires will do nothing to help the cause. Are NXWM management really going to think that PE needs more buses when they can't take proper care of the ones they have got, surely they could give all the older B6s & Merc engines a steam clean every so often. These engine fires may be being caused by dirt, dust and oil in the engine compartment catching fire.

Stu, by about half an hour again......

I was thinking it was 508 & 555 park far left, An Enviro looked to be having its gearbox replaced, 1645 was on the ramps as was another Merc with 297 on the front rear facing facing in

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on May 30, 2013, 02:25:40 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on May 30, 2013, 01:59:38 PM

Thanks for the update

The O405N is 1644

Stu, by about half an hour again......

I was thinking it was 508 & 555 park far left, An Enviro looked to be having its gearbox replaced, 1645 was on the ramps as was another Merc with 297 on the front rear facing facing in

Yes there were two Enviro's in the garage and two Mercs and a B7RLE.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

wbdriver

Quote from: pensnettdriver on May 30, 2013, 11:08:31 AM
555 was by far the best b6 to drive hope they fix it

agreed. i was sorry to see it leave WB.
an empty bus is a happy driver.

karl724223

1644 dumped up the top  555 in dead box 508 should be on the road again soon 

Stu

How dare NXWM have all these buses catching fire in service, don't they know that only Arriva Cannock's buses are allowed to do this!  ::)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

andy

Quote from: Stu on May 30, 2013, 09:10:48 PM
How dare NXWM have all these buses catching fire in service, don't they know that only Arriva Cannock's buses are allowed to do this!  ::)

You beat me to it!!

karl724223

508 back on the road again  8)

BusBuster

Hi guy's,

508 was an electrical loom that caught fire, minor damage.
1644 something came through the top of the engine block - vehicle is a right off.
555 (I was on this one) turbo gone shoving oil into exhaust plus spraying diesel around the engine bay through the cracked turbo housing.

hope that clears a couple points up.

Trident 4609

Quote from: BusBuster on May 31, 2013, 10:28:02 PM
Hi guy's,

508 was an electrical loom that caught fire, minor damage.
1644 something came through the top of the engine block - vehicle is a right off.
555 (I was on this one) turbo gone shoving oil into exhaust plus spraying diesel around the engine bay through the cracked turbo housing.

hope that clears a couple points up.

Will 555 be repaired?

Andrew1991

one of the mercs on the 246 was making a burning rubber smell earlier this morning (didn't catch the fleet number)

nitromatt1

Funny what you can miss going on holiday for a week!

Hope they fix the screaming cat! 555 is one of my favourite buses in the whole fleet

Just to add, I was around Halesowen bus station for about 10 minutes this afternoon after getting back from holiday, and saw 544 on the 244 making a very odd noise.....

nitromatt1

Also, Stu and Winston, what do you mean when you say you popped down to the depot? Do you look in from outside, or are you allowed on the premises?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 01, 2013, 05:10:26 PM
Also, Stu and Winston, what do you mean when you say you popped down to the depot? Do you look in from outside, or are you allowed on the premises?

Hi Matt,

hope you had a good holiday.

You are right about what happens while you are away.

I think 555 might make a come back, its currently on the front row at depot so i think they might be considering whether it is worth spending money on, unlike 1644 which has been withdrawn.

As for the depot, we ride past in our cars, not allowed past the front gate although you can see a lot from the road. Mind you don't know if i want to go inside the depot the way things are self combusting at the moment.

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 01, 2013, 06:17:59 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 01, 2013, 05:10:26 PM

Hi Matt,

hope you had a good holiday.

You are right about what happens while you are away.

I think 555 might make a come back, its currently on the front row at depot so i think they might be considering whether it is worth spending money on, unlike 1644 which has been withdrawn.

As for the depot, we ride past in our cars, not allowed past the front gate although you can see a lot from the road. Mind you don't know if i want to go inside the depot the way things are self combusting at the moment.

Yes I had a great holiday thanks Stu, got to sample a variety of Stagecoach North West vehicles and routes.

Is there a bus stop near PN garage? I've only been on the 297 a few times (if I want to go to Merry Hill I get the 141 or 002 and have only been to Gornal Wood a couple of times), and I would rather get off and have a proper look than a fleeting glimpse whilst going past on the bus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk