News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Started by davey, May 26, 2013, 06:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: JB93 on May 28, 2013, 12:47:18 AM
Quote from: s94 on May 27, 2013, 02:40:23 PM
Hopefully this will show PE still deserves more new buses! I remember a B6LE some years ago outside my house just breaking down and releasing loads of smoke though it wasnt on fire. Many now slowly wind their way up hills, look pretty ugly compared to the newer fleet and just let the side down. They are a love them or hate them thing.

Pensnett have plenty of new buses. If anything all that's needed is to cascade some single deckers from other garages that are more in need of new buses. Pensnett have new Enviro 200 and 400s, new Eclipse Urbans...

The Enviros were new to BC and came with the Hagley Road routes, there is no way Pensnett would have had new double deckers otherwise

Dylan4579

And the largest fleet of mercs
Quote from: JB93 on May 28, 2013, 12:47:18 AM
Quote from: s94 on May 27, 2013, 02:40:23 PM
Hopefully this will show PE still deserves more new buses! I remember a B6LE some years ago outside my house just breaking down and releasing loads of smoke though it wasnt on fire. Many now slowly wind their way up hills, look pretty ugly compared to the newer fleet and just let the side down. They are a love them or hate them thing.

Pensnett have plenty of new buses. If anything all that's needed is to cascade some single deckers from other garages that are more in need of new buses. Pensnett have new Enviro 200 and 400s, new Eclipse Urbans...

JB93

But my point is they still have Enviro400s which is a lot more than some garages have. I wouldn't say they're of massive priority for new buses at the moment when you see the state some garages fleets are in e.g. WB, and BC obviously need new deckers

winston

Quote from: JB93 on May 28, 2013, 01:23:00 PM
But my point is they still have Enviro400s which is a lot more than some garages have. I wouldn't say they're of massive priority for new buses at the moment when you see the state some garages fleets are in e.g. WB, and BC obviously need new deckers

The single deck fleet could still do with further new investment, as Pensnett still operate 8 x B6LE & 49 Merc 0405N which make up virtually 50% of the fleet allocation, these dating between 1996 - 1999 (which makes them 14-17 year olds). As I've said before, Pensnett could do with some additional double deckers to boost carrying capacity of certain journey's on routes 120, 140, 241 & 246, however I see little chance of any further Enviro 400's new or used for the foreseeable as the B'ham garages will take priority, so refurbished older deckers will have suffice in the interim 

winston

508 is currently been worked in the engineering bay at Pensnett, the rear end doesn't appear to have any smoke damage, so the fire looks to have been fairly minor

Sh4318

WB, and BC obviously need new deckers

I wouldn't say deckers were a priority at WB at the moment, some new full length single deckers were needed to replace mercs
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

winston

Quote from: Shaun on May 29, 2013, 11:42:19 AM

I wouldn't say deckers were a priority at WB at the moment, some new full length single deckers were needed to replace mercs

In addition, the existing WB ALX400 decker fleet needs refurbishing/repainting as a priority

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on May 29, 2013, 11:26:10 AM
508 is currently been worked in the engineering bay at Pensnett, the rear end doesn't appear to have any smoke damage, so the fire looks to have been fairly minor

yes i popped to the garage today at 10:30 and 508 was being looked over by the engineers, was parked over the far side and strangely had a Merc (1540 i think) parked very close to the back of it?

Also noticed that 711 has now arrived at PE to join 684 & 708.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on May 29, 2013, 03:21:08 PM
Quote from: Winston on May 29, 2013, 11:26:10 AM

yes i popped to the garage today at 10:30 and 508 was being looked over by the engineers, was parked over the far side and strangely had a Merc (1540 i think) parked very close to the back of it?

Only missed you by about half an hour then....

508 was in bay 2 from the roadside with a transit van parked behind it (aircon firm)

JB93

Quote from: Shaun on May 29, 2013, 11:42:19 AM

Sorry, I worded it weirdly. I meant that WB's fleet was in a state but that BC needed new deckers :)

driver

two more busses went up in flames today from pn, an x96 branded merc, 16 somthing, that was in high oak returning to garage, and then  a b6 was on staff bus went up in flames on pear tree lane.

ilovetea4370

Surely Pensnett must be upto something, there's just too many fires happening to be a coincidence?

Andrew1991

Christ they're gonna have nothing left soon. I know they're worked hard but it is starting to look suspicious. Maybe they want some of the e400 order ;)

winston

Quote from: driver on May 29, 2013, 10:47:18 PM
two more busses went up in flames today from pn, an x96 branded merc, 16 somthing, that was in high oak returning to garage, and then  a b6 was on staff bus went up in flames on pear tree lane.

Are we talking serious damage or a small contained engine fires?

They are certainly keeping the fire brigade busy..... its not even summer yet either with overheating problems etc

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: driver on May 29, 2013, 10:47:18 PM

To be honest I really did know it would only be a matter of time till one of the branded X96 Merc's failed and am surprised it isn't 1705 as that sounds on its last legs to me as it is such a mad route for 16 year old buses

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk