News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Started by davey, May 26, 2013, 06:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davey

It's engine fire just been put out by the good men and women of Cradley Heath fire watch in the middle of Old Hill high street. Poor old thing. PE and their fires eh?
Long live 4001!
PE Radio Operations - "1540, go ahead"
1540 driver - "The engines died, AGAIN!"

Andrew1991

Very strange, someone posted that there was a fire engine outside the garage the other day  :/

winston

PN are keeping West Midlands Fire Service busy..... it's one way of getting a new fleet  ;)

Had the fire took hold much before the fire engine arrived?

JackC

Is she a write off or does she look fixable?

Stuharris 6360

What are PE up to, one engine fire accidental, two coincidence, but three????
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

davey

Quote from: JackC on May 26, 2013, 07:43:30 PM

I'm guessing fixable, but I am no expert!

Water was being sprayed into the engine compartment from the back but was aimed deep inside the engine. Hazards were still flashing after the fire service finished but it didn't move under its own power.
Long live 4001!
PE Radio Operations - "1540, go ahead"
1540 driver - "The engines died, AGAIN!"

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: JackC on May 26, 2013, 07:43:30 PM

I would imagine write off to be honest, unless the cost of repair is very very low, 508 was the latest PE B6 I travelled on, just last week

richie

Quote from: davey on May 26, 2013, 06:20:01 PM
It's engine fire just been put out by the good men and women of Cradley Heath fire watch in the middle of Old Hill high street. Poor old thing. PE and their fires eh?

505 burnt out near old hill on a 248 about 6 years ago

nx4737

The B6 really wasn't one of Volvos finest products, was it...

JB93

I'd hazard that it might be something to do with Pensnett's maintenance and engineering of the vehicles? The fact this seems to be happening all too often shows that there's something iffy with the way they're looking after their buses

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: JB93 on May 27, 2013, 03:42:04 AM
I'd hazard that it might be something to do with Pensnett's maintenance and engineering of the vehicles? The fact this seems to be happening all too often shows that there's something iffy with the way they're looking after their buses

I disagree, some of these buses are now 17 years old and have had an extremely hard life around the hills of the black country and I hazard a guess will have covered around 500,000 miles at the least, would be interesting if a PE driver could post some mileometer readings next time they get a B6

The Real 4778

Not a bad innings, given the thrashing these machines get day-in day-out over the hills.  Shame it was still on my unseen list  ::)
Don't you start.

winston

Quote from: nx4737 on May 27, 2013, 01:47:14 AM
The B6 really wasn't one of Volvos finest products, was it...

The step entrance B6's weren't much cop, but the B6LE hasn't done too bad considering most of those still in service with NX are now 16-17 years old, none have had an extensive rebuilds

s94

Hopefully this will show PE still deserves more new buses! I remember a B6LE some years ago outside my house just breaking down and releasing loads of smoke though it wasnt on fire. Many now slowly wind their way up hills, look pretty ugly compared to the newer fleet and just let the side down. They are a love them or hate them thing.

JB93

Quote from: s94 on May 27, 2013, 02:40:23 PM
Hopefully this will show PE still deserves more new buses! I remember a B6LE some years ago outside my house just breaking down and releasing loads of smoke though it wasnt on fire. Many now slowly wind their way up hills, look pretty ugly compared to the newer fleet and just let the side down. They are a love them or hate them thing.

Pensnett have plenty of new buses. If anything all that's needed is to cascade some single deckers from other garages that are more in need of new buses. Pensnett have new Enviro 200 and 400s, new Eclipse Urbans...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk