News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Evergreen Coaches

Started by nitromatt1, April 07, 2013, 11:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

The tender also went out well before the pandemic

Pat

Quote from: ellspurs on April 28, 2020, 03:31:45 AM
Would it need to meet Euro6 though? The 28A route doesn't go into the Clean Air Zone.

Or is Euro6 a condition of any TfWM tenders?
The 303 in Bilston doesn't go into a clean air zone, but Travel Express had to purchase new vehicles that met euro 6 standards when they won the contract a few years back.
Quote from: Steveminor on April 28, 2020, 07:41:20 AM
The tender also went out well before the pandemic
So they've had sufficient time to source a suitable vehicle.

Tony

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on April 27, 2020, 10:27:35 PM
But when was the route put out to tender?  If it was only a few weeks ago, then I can understand but if it was before the lockdown, then the company surely would've had enough time to obtain a suitable vehicle.  And if they didn't have a vehicle that was suitable for the contract, why did they bid for it in the first place?

NXWM ordered E014 and E019 many months ago, but cannot get them because they are stuck in premises. You do realise these times are extremely hard for businesses.

Pat

Quote from: Tony on April 28, 2020, 09:11:45 AM
NXWM ordered E014 and E019 many months ago, but cannot get them because they are stuck in premises. You do realise these times are extremely hard for businesses.
I understand that it is difficult for businesses, but if the tenders were put out well before the pandemic then I can't see why they haven't obtained a new vehicle.  I understand that the buses used on the 53 are rentals, so they'd likely have done the same for the 28A in which case, they wouldn't have had to wait as long for a new bus to be manufactured

winston

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on April 28, 2020, 01:50:34 PM
I understand that it is difficult for businesses, but if the tenders were put out well before the pandemic then I can't see why they haven't obtained a new vehicle.  I understand that the buses used on the 53 are rentals, so they'd likely have done the same for the 28A in which case, they wouldn't have had to wait as long for a new bus to be manufactured

You're assuming that the likes of Dawson Rentals & Mistral are still open for business. As demand for rentals will have been vapourised due to most operators having large portions of their own fleets parked up doing nothing, they may well have furloughed their staff & closed up during lockdown.

Pat

Quote from: Winston on April 28, 2020, 02:00:23 PM
You're assuming that the likes of Dawson Rentals & Mistral are still open for business. As demand for rentals will have been vapourised due to most operators having large portions of their own fleets parked up doing nothing, they may well have furloughed their staff & closed up during lockdown.
I'm not assuming they're open now.  It's obvious that they aren't.  I'm assuming they were open for business before the lockdown, when the tender was put out, in which Evergreen could have sourced a vehicle.

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on April 28, 2020, 02:04:14 PM
I'm assuming they were open for business before the lockdown, when the tender was put out, in which Evergreen could have sourced a vehicle.
Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 28, 2020, 06:42:20 AM
I have no idea on what basis the contract was awarded.  However, if the contract requires Euro 6 TfWM normally allow a period of time for this requirement to be fulfilled.
Do all tenders need euro 6 vehicles? As the 25 uses Solo as well - 20058 today and I presume these are not euro 6?
Could it be that the 28A tender doesn't require euro 6?

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Pat

Quote from: 2206 on April 28, 2020, 02:05:48 PM
Do all tenders need euro 6 vehicles? As the 25 uses Solo as well - 20058 today and I presume these are not euro 6?
It may have had a trap fitted, in which case it would meet the emission standards.

Tony

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on April 28, 2020, 01:50:34 PM

So, You go to Dawson Rentals in Fberuary and say to them " I need a bus from 27th April" They say yes you can have this, it will be £600 per month. No-one in there right mind would pay that extra £1,200 to have a bus sat doing nothing for 2 months, you agree to take delivery around the 23rd April, then oh dear 23rd April you cannot get your bus.

winston

Quote from: Tony on April 28, 2020, 02:33:02 PM
So, You go to Dawson Rentals in Fberuary and say to them " I need a bus from 27th April" They say yes you can have this, it will be £600 per month. No-one in there right mind would pay that extra £1,200 to have a bus sat doing nothing for 2 months, you agree to take delivery around the 23rd April, then oh dear 23rd April you cannot get your bus.

Tony, we're wasting our time, trying to justify it to someone that knows better.

Pat

Quote from: Tony on April 28, 2020, 02:33:02 PM
Quote from: Winston on April 28, 2020, 02:38:46 PM
Tony, we're wasting our time, trying to justify it to someone that knows better.
Right, I understand things clearer now.  I apologise if you feel that I came across as "someone who knows better," I just wanted to find out clearly why they hadn't sourced another vehicle.   

winston

Quote from: 2206 on April 28, 2020, 02:05:48 PM
Could it be that the 28A tender doesn't require euro 6?

Not all yet, only new tenders - existing tenders may still be specified as Euro 5 & below. Just depends what they are & where they serve i.e. within AQPS zones.

Tony

Quote from: Winston on April 28, 2020, 03:27:33 PM
Not all yet, only new tenders - existing tenders may still be specified as Euro 5 & below. Just depends what they are & where they serve i.e. within AQPS zones.

Operators put in different bid prices depending on what vehicle they intend to use.
Dawsons etc will be charging a premium on any euro 6 vehicle, so anyone hiring a bus will need to be including this
The routes NXWM won on euro 6 included the price of fitting the trap spread over the 3 years

Jack D

What bus is the 28A operated with?

Quote from: Jack D on May 20, 2020, 01:23:36 PM
What bus is the 28A operated with?
Still being operated by the red Omnicity. X21BUS.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk