News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Evergreen Coaches

Started by nitromatt1, April 07, 2013, 11:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on January 20, 2021, 02:51:29 AM
That notice says that they renamed themselves "Thandi (Red)" in 2019. Does the title of this thread need to be changed to reflect that?

The link that @2206 provided doesnt like to a working page... I don't know if that's because  the page doesn't exist or if it's been moved? But I'd assume this topic will have to be renamed at some point...😁

V102MOA

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 30, 2021, 05:03:17 PM
The link that @2206 provided doesnt like to a working page... I don't know if that's because  the page doesn't exist or if it's been moved? But I'd assume this topic will have to be renamed at some point...😁

There's an erroneous 'I' at the end of the URL, correct link here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/written-decision-for-thandi-coaches-red-ltd-pd0000154

Bus Man K2

Quote from: V102MOA on January 30, 2021, 05:16:25 PM
There's an erroneous 'I' at the end of the URL, correct link here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/written-decision-for-thandi-coaches-red-ltd-pd0000154

Thanks @V102MOA.
I can see the page now. I never relosed the like wasn't working in the first place!!

mikestone

A 1997 episode of Dalziel and Pascoe currently on Drama featured Scania H639VNW passing Walsall Town Hall. G644 gives it from First Glasgow 1/08!
A previous episode featured a Yorkshire Traction Metrobus together with a Metro bus stop flag, so I assumed they had gone to Yorkshire for location establishing shots, but clearly not in this case.

Isle of Stroma

A building at the crossing of the 14/97 featured as a cop shop in Dalziel and Pascoe (* or maybe some other yawn-inducing law fodder). I went past whilst filming, but found the two FaTTS 'deckers in the Lidl car park more entertaining...

At Ward End earlier at about 10:20 I noticed a red (might be ex london) E200 turning left onto the Washwood Heath Road from Stechford Lane.
Which matches up with the tracking for the 28A bus, so it looks likely that it was on the 28A, as its shown as tracking at Ward End at 10:18:58 and same time 4614 was there waiting its departure time. Presumably they've took the ticket machine out of the scania as well, which is why it'd be tracking as X21BUS.
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/200010?date=2021-03-16#journeys/114633291

Edit - Same dual door E200 on Bromford Lane, crossing St Margarets Rd junction at 18:20 this evening running dead back to the depot from the 28A.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Solo1

any one know  if they have sold the scaina & if so who now owns it

Wander if they will ever put a proper destination display in GN08CHC?
It just has a 28A number stuck on it on the front at the top right and rear, where the destination displays would be.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

cris 99

The other on on the 53 has the same lol GN08CGV in yellow numbers.
17//72/73/97/X12

ellspurs

Quote from: cris 99 on March 24, 2021, 07:39:17 AM
The other on on the 53 has the same lol GN08CGV in yellow numbers.

I've seen this bus three times today. It is tracking on busmaps as SN66 WJY. You can see the remains of an Arriva sticker above the driver's window.

It has the 53 stuck over the top right of the matrix. Funnily enough, you can see underneath the sticker and the "53" is there on full display. One direction it is showing "CITY CENTRE     53" and in the other direction "SMITHSWOOD     53".

I was happy to see passengers on it at each point I saw it in service (Chester Road/Hurst Lane junction, Green Lane) and lastly at the Lanchester Road terminus. I had never seen a passenger on there in Smith's Wood before.

ellspurs

Both of the 53's today are not going both ways around Lanchester Way, preferring to drive straight along Auckland Drive to the terminus before going around Lanchester Way.

Quote from: Solo1 on March 17, 2021, 10:22:00 PM
any one know  if they have sold the scaina & if so who now owns it
The Scania X21BUS was at Ward End on the 28A today.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

cris 99

surprised theyve still got that with the 6 E200s theyve got
17//72/73/97/X12

ellspurs

I just randomly clicked on bustimes to see whether the registrations for these services were still active, and the map is showing the 53 taking the direct route down Auckland Drive once again instead of going around Lanchester Way. It kinda makes me think that TfWM have asked NX to amend the 96 to go around Lanchester Way as the 53 doesn't always follows the right route.

Looking at the map of the bus for today shows it as hit-and-miss, and a random journey where they skipped out Alum Rock Road.

Quote from: ellspurs on August 16, 2021, 03:15:30 PM
I just randomly clicked on bustimes to see whether the registrations for these services were still active, and the map is showing the 53 taking the direct route down Auckland Drive once again instead of going around Lanchester Way. It kinda makes me think that TfWM have asked NX to amend the 96 to go around Lanchester Way as the 53 doesn't always follows the right route.

Looking at the map of the bus for today shows it as hit-and-miss, and a random journey where they skipped out Alum Rock Road.
As its run under contract to TFWM, you'd think they could tell them what route to use anyway.
I've seen the 53 on Washwood Heath Rd before when there are traffic problems, parked up out of service at about 9.00 in the morning with 53 on it/running dead, etc.
The other week the 53 infront of the 94 had "28A" on the back of it as well on Nechells Parkway.

I don't know what usage is like on it but maybe 53 could be cut back to run City Centre - Bucklands End, if the 96 is going to cover the onward section?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk