News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Evergreen Coaches

Started by nitromatt1, April 07, 2013, 11:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: ellspurs on August 16, 2021, 03:15:30 PM
I just randomly clicked on bustimes to see whether the registrations for these services were still active, and the map is showing the 53 taking the direct route down Auckland Drive once again instead of going around Lanchester Way. It kinda makes me think that TfWM have asked NX to amend the 96 to go around Lanchester Way as the 53 doesn't always follows the right route.

Looking at the map of the bus for today shows it as hit-and-miss, and a random journey where they skipped out Alum Rock Road.
I noticed another one running dead this evening on Adderley Rd while on 94, though on Bus Times it was tracking as 53. I think they are running dead due to reliability/traffic problems @ellspurs.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on August 16, 2021, 03:56:27 PM
As its run under contract to TFWM, you'd think they could tell them what route to use anyway.
I've seen the 53 on Washwood Heath Rd before when there are traffic problems, parked up out of service at about 9.00 in the morning with 53 on it/running dead, etc.
The other week the 53 infront of the 94 had "28A" on the back of it as well on Nechells Parkway.

I don't know what usage is like on it but maybe 53 could be cut back to run City Centre - Bucklands End, if the 96 is going to cover the onward section?

Usage this end (Smith's Wood/Castle Bromwich) is generally 0-1 people. Doubt that anyone catches it on Lanchester Way due to the unreliability of the bus actually turning up there. I find it funny that the first three stops on Lanchester Way still have their shelters from when the 962/994 ran there. Buses have barely been up there since, and other places that had shelters (on Windward Way, straight on where the X12 turns onto the slip road for Chester Road) had the stops removed completely.

Quote from: ellspurs on August 17, 2021, 06:39:30 PM
Usage this end (Smith's Wood/Castle Bromwich) is generally 0-1 people. Doubt that anyone catches it on Lanchester Way due to the unreliability of the bus actually turning up there. I find it funny that the first three stops on Lanchester Way still have their shelters from when the 962/994 ran there. Buses have barely been up there since, and other places that had shelters (on Windward Way, straight on where the X12 turns onto the slip road for Chester Road) had the stops removed completely.
They removed the shelter on Drews Lane, when the 72 stopped running as well I believe.
There are other underused shelters about I think, one on Stuarts Road Stechford ex 53 - now out of use I believe, there's another out of use on Fort Parkway, etc. Those 2 always stood out I think.
On Yardley Green Road the 28/28A have a shelter and there's another out of use one behind the 17 stop.

Infact I just remembered the opposite stop on Yardley Green Road has the number 891 on it. I don't think they normally list school services on the flags.

If usage is that bad, cutting it back to Bucklands End would probably be a good idea to improve reliability.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Nxwm

News is Thandi (red) are buying Thandi (blue) double deckers for Hayley schools

ellspurs

Very pleasantly surprised to see the 10:05 from Smith's Wood today actually go up Lanchester Way. Too bad it departed six minutes late.

Solo1

Quote from: Nxwm on August 20, 2021, 10:55:17 PM
News is Thandi (red) are buying Thandi (blue) double deckers for Hayley schools
how come thandi blue has lost the contract for sandwell academy school

ellspurs

Oh I caught the 53 today. Driver turfed me off on Bordesley Green Road as he was apparently only going to the hospital. Got off to wait for a 97. The other guy at the stop waiting weren't allowed to get on. When I got off the 53 the next 97 to Birmingham was on Bosworth Drive, but now that's disappeared off the tracking. There are three 97s at Pine Square.

This is not good.

Fake edit: the Birmingham bound one has reappeared on the tracking. The guy that was waiting with me gave up and started to walk up. Hopefully I'll be able to get on this one as he said he had been waiting 20 minutes before I got there.

The tracking is only showing one bus on the 53 route today, but I haven't seen the bus I was on turn around and come back, he has followed the route through to the city centre.

DJ

The Thandi Coaches (Red) Ltd operator license is showing as Surrendered on the Gov.uk site - https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/view-details/licence/117730

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Solo1

They have another license issued

DJ

Quote from: Solo1 on October 08, 2021, 09:12:27 AM
They have another license issued

They have 'Thandi Red Limited', which the 424 is registered under, but the 53 and 28A are registered under the one that's been surrendered.

I'm interested to know if the vehicles on the 424 have had their legals updated to reflect this, but I'm guessing not.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

metrocity

Quote from: DJ on October 08, 2021, 07:44:19 PM
They have 'Thandi Red Limited', which the 424 is registered under, but the 53 and 28A are registered under the one that's been surrendered.

I'm interested to know if the vehicles on the 424 have had their legals updated to reflect this, but I'm guessing not.
In addition to this, if TFWMs contracts are with the previous business for 28A and 53, then the contracts are invalid unless a novation has been agreed

Steveminor

28A hasn't run for so long now (apart from the occasional token appearance) that it doesn't really matter. 53 normally runs with only 1 out of the 2 buses on it as well

Quote from: Steveminor on October 08, 2021, 08:33:06 PM
28A hasn't run for so long now (apart from the occasional token appearance) that it doesn't really matter. 53 normally runs with only 1 out of the 2 buses on it as well
Are you sure they haven't been running? I think thandi had a red E200 with 28A on the back and a white E200 on the 53 and 28A sometimes saw Scania X21BUS as well as a E200.
If they haven't been running them, wouldn't they be retendered, as you'd have NX operating evening trips after 6PM but nothing in the day?

Or is this based on bus times tracking which might not be correct?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SK68MEV

Quote from: 2206 on October 08, 2021, 08:37:56 PM
Are you sure they haven't been running? I think thandi had a red E200 with 28A on the back and a white E200 on the 53 and 28A sometimes saw Scania X21BUS as well as a E200.
If they haven't been running them, wouldn't they be retendered, as you'd have NX operating evening trips after 6PM but nothing in the day?

Or is this based on bus times tracking which might not be correct?
seen X21 BUS on monday on 28A
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Quote from: SK68MEV on October 08, 2021, 08:55:43 PM
seen X21 BUS on monday on 28A
Thanks and i'm sure I was sure I saw it in on the Washwood Heath Rd running dead on Tuesday.
I would think its therefore the bus not tracking rather than the operator failing to operate the contract.
Which is probably why you should only post what you see in person @Steveminor.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk