News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400

Started by raymondthebest, February 18, 2013, 07:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 22, 2013, 10:07:33 AM

Are there any other yards adjacent to Pensnett's yard which they could buy to gain more storage space?

Matt,

The additional plot of land NX now owned/leased adjacent to the main Pensnett garage which is currently used for staff parking & the storage of reserve vehicles extends approx a third as much again past the current timber fence that the reserve fleet B10L's are parked up against (but the plot does get narrower the further down you go). The plot the other side of the fence may need a hardcore surface putting down if they decided to ever use it, it may/may not be part of NX's plot  though?

If you type DY6 7UH in to Google Earth, all will become clear

winston

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on June 22, 2013, 10:33:10 PM

What's just come to mind is an idea that's been suggested dozens of times before: Reopening LH or MS for service again. I have very little idea where they are, so I don't know wether it will help or not.

I wouldn't be worth re-opening MS as a depot, as it could now only house (I'm guessing) around 40 vehicles, NX sold the tram shed whey they needed cash to pay down group debts 2009/10. It's now used by a company that builds bodywork on lorry chassis

winston

Quote from: The Rat on June 22, 2013, 10:46:07 PM
Nope. Well, unless it's Dean Finch's secret plans. But the long and short of it is; no.

Dean Finch was still a First Group boy when the Eastside Development first commenced, judging by the article I've just found, it looks as though it may have hit the buffers..... I can't remember whether or not it was intended to extend down as far as BC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-15093368

Ash

It's pity another piece of land couldn't be purchased in West Brom i know a plot was mentioned before but if there was it could mean the outstation they currently lease could be freed up and other services such as the 4/4H/4M, 53, 79, 289 and may be even the 16 and 101 could be operated by WB freeing up space at other garages such as PB and WA which seem to have taken on quite a few services recently.

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Winston on June 22, 2013, 10:57:42 PM

What's just come to mind is an idea that's been suggested dozens of times before: Reopening LH or MS for service again. I have very little idea where they are, so I don't know wether it will help or not.

I wouldn't be worth re-opening MS as a depot, as it could now only house (I'm guessing) around 40 vehicles, NX sold the tram shed whey they needed cash to pay down group debts 2009/10. It's now used by a company that builds bodywork on lorry chassis

Ok, 40 vehicles is hardly worth it. Is there still more space at BY?

winston

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on June 22, 2013, 11:08:57 PM
Quote from: Winston on June 22, 2013, 10:57:42 PM

Ok, 40 vehicles is hardly worth it. Is there still more space at BY?

I think that one is also pretty full. If you put B9 4BZ in to Google Earth, the depot is the factory unit with twin roof peaks with the car park in front of it, with a couple of buses parked between the cars as well

Liverpool Street

The BC E400's have disappeared from the depot. I checked at 0300hours and again at 1200hours and they're not there. Would all of them go for branding at the same time? (Even though we were told they aren't getting branding)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: The Rat on June 27, 2013, 12:26:44 PM
The BC E400's have disappeared from the depot. I checked at 0300hours and again at 1200hours and they're not there. Would all of them go for branding at the same time? (Even though we were told they aren't getting branding)

Didn't ADL recall all of WN's E400Hs? Maybe they've done the same with the BC diesel E400s?

winston

It's always possible they have gone somewhere Walsall paintshop or to a contractors to have branding applied. It would certainly make a bigger impact for they all to enter service on the same day with new branding

Liverpool Street

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 27, 2013, 01:08:03 PM

Didn't ADL recall all of WN's E400Hs? Maybe they've done the same with the BC diesel E400s?

Its a possibility, I'll ask tomorrow and see what's going on.

Quote from: Winston on June 27, 2013, 01:38:43 PM

It's always possible they have gone somewhere Walsall paintshop or to a contractors to have branding applied. It would certainly make a bigger impact for they all to enter service on the same day with new branding

Yeah but they weren't supposed to get branding is my point.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: The Rat on June 27, 2013, 01:39:28 PM

Granted, but we all know how often bus companies change their minds, even right up to the very last minute

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on June 27, 2013, 01:40:58 PM

Granted, but we all know how often bus companies change their minds, even right up to the very last minute

I suppose so, I wish they didn't brand any bus if I'm honest, looks untidy.
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: The Rat on June 27, 2013, 01:45:00 PM

I agree, if it was down to me I wouldn't brand buses for specific routes, as they will end up on other routes, which although is entertaining for enthusiasts, looks silly and unprofessional for the company

Sh4318

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 27, 2013, 01:51:18 PM

I agree, if it was down to me I wouldn't brand buses for specific routes, as they will end up on other routes, which although is entertaining for enthusiasts, looks silly and unprofessional for the company

You would think, if they were to brand the E400s, for them to leave 2 or 3 unbranded
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Liverpool Street

Not only that the buses we have don't suit branding. The Metros suited the branding they were given, smart too. But the choices recently are crap if I'm honest. The last good branding for Tridents were when the 44's and 46's were new, with the Road Name in the red of the livery with a small WM logo. Neat. Not this mess they have now like the 97 branding. Also wish they wouldn't use the windows for the branding. What a state.

Quote from: Shaun on June 27, 2013, 01:52:54 PM

You would think, if they were to brand the E400s, for them to leave 2 or 3 unbranded

Maybe the ones that have yet to be delivered will be unbranded?
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk