News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

97 finally extended?

Started by notepanel, January 28, 2013, 02:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Problem with the 97 branding, sit at the front upstairs and you have to stuggle to see out of the window
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Dylan4579

Does anyone know about the night loadings?

dayvid

seen one pass me going toward the city centre after 2am with 7 passengers onboard.

Stu

Quote from: dayvid on April 21, 2013, 11:23:47 AM
seen one pass me going toward the city centre after 2am with 7 passengers onboard.

At least some people are using it! Just out of curiosity, was it a single or double-deck bus they use?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steveminor

7 passengers is not enough of a load to be profitable I wouldn't have thought, depends how much the Airport are contributing to the route financially.

BCMobile

Quote from: Stu on April 21, 2013, 11:41:11 AM

At least some people are using it! Just out of curiosity, was it a single or double-deck bus they use?

Its only deckers mate.

dayvid

Quote from: BCMobile on April 21, 2013, 10:15:44 PM

Its only deckers mate.

Not Just deckers buddy as there has been a few night time single decker 97's.

JB93

I can see the 97 stop from my kitchen and all the ones I've seen throughout the middle of the night have been double deckers like normal.
And if it's any consolation, when I temporarily move back home next month I'll be using it at about 3am to get home from work :')

BCMobile

Quote from: dayvid on April 22, 2013, 09:00:21 AM
Quote from: BCMobile on April 21, 2013, 10:15:44 PM

Its only deckers mate.

Not Just deckers buddy as there has been a few night time single decker 97's.

Shouldn't of been as the night allocation is from the following notice:

That's the full list of all 97 branded vehicles, of which 2 will be allocated of a Twilight. Nice to see a single of a night though.

Typhoon2000

I would have thought that it would be more be more prudent to use ADL Enviro200s or the Wright/Volvo Eclipse buses on the night times, except for Friday and Saturday nights.

I really do hope this works out but NXWM (rather typically) seem to have a habit of not advertising a new service properly and indeed, looking at the route branding, much is made about the NEC/Airport extension but very little shouting out about the fact that this is 24hrs. That's madness and I can see the service being withdrawn in 8 weeks time.

A pity, as I was considering moving out to Heartlands because of this service, being a shift worker and finishing early morning without the need to drive back (knackered) would be a dream. There is hardly aby prominent advertsding along the bus route itself... typical and terrible.  >:(
People - The life blood of a city.
Public transport - the veins it flows by.

Tony

Quote from: Typhoon2000 on April 25, 2013, 03:24:10 AM
I would have thought that it would be more be more prudent to use ADL Enviro200s or the Wright/Volvo Eclipse buses on the night times, except for Friday and Saturday nights.

I really do hope this works out but NXWM (rather typically) seem to have a habit of not advertising a new service properly and indeed, looking at the route branding, much is made about the NEC/Airport extension but very little shouting out about the fact that this is 24hrs. That's madness and I can see the service being withdrawn in 8 weeks time.

A pity, as I was considering moving out to Heartlands because of this service, being a shift worker and finishing early morning without the need to drive back (knackered) would be a dream. There is hardly aby prominent advertsding along the bus route itself... typical and terrible.  >:(

'Hardly any prominent advertising' - what is the only thing on the front of the bus, a big blue sticker saying 24 hour, another on the first nearside window. Have a look further up the thread and you will see that the 24 hour service is sponsored for 3 years so not likely to be cancelled in 8 weeks!

Isle of Stroma

I wonder what the farce was yesterday afternoon. I just missed a pair at the Pool Way @ 16:46 outbound. Walked home with my Daughter - not a single 97 of any variety showed up for over 30 minutes.

I'm assuming something had kicked off, couldn't possibly be due to NXWM being sole operator on the route these days.......

bwsau cymru

Quote from: Typhoon2000 on April 25, 2013, 03:24:10 AM

There is no chance of it being withdrawn its either a 3 or 5 year contract is is part of a series of investment for better buses for birmingham airport connecting people to jobs
campaigning for better transport for all

bwsau cymru

I would also think it would make more sense to use a small bus at nigut enviro 200 ideal with its smaller engine tyres etc would have lower running costs. And the service isnt going to be a kassive boom of night travellers it will build gradually but I think to enhance its growth we need a network of night routes along key corridors to boost growth and really give people the option of being able to use the bus at anytime
campaigning for better transport for all

dayvid

Quote from: JB93 on April 22, 2013, 01:11:04 PM
I can see the 97 stop from my kitchen and all the ones I've seen throughout the middle of the night have been double deckers like normal.
And if it's any consolation, when I temporarily move back home next month I'll be using it at about 3am to get home from work :')

Well maybe the volvo single decker displaying 97 on the front driving through the wood was really just a phantom bus in disguise?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk