News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

97 finally extended?

Started by notepanel, January 28, 2013, 02:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

Quote from: sonic84 on July 22, 2013, 06:31:55 PM
For those of you who don't know, according to the NWM changes as of today the 97's to the airport become the 97A, and the short journeys to pine square have become 97P

I imagine that will be very beneficial for passengers, especially those not familiar with the route. I had a feeling the 97 would get prefixes eventually
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Excellent, even as a enthusiast and frequent bus user I could never fathom the new 97 and its endless variations, to be honest the route branding doesn't help

Tony

Quote from: Sh4166 on July 22, 2013, 08:44:37 PM
Quote from: sonic84 on July 22, 2013, 06:31:55 PM
For those of you who don't know, according to the NWM changes as of today the 97's to the airport become the 97A, and the short journeys to pine square have become 97P

I imagine that will be very beneficial for passengers, especially those not familiar with the route. I had a feeling the 97 would get prefixes eventually

..... or suffixes

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: BCMobile on April 26, 2013, 12:23:29 PM
Quote from: JB93 on April 26, 2013, 07:29:00 AM
Quote from: Kevin on April 25, 2013, 10:33:46 PM
Quote from: dayvid on April 25, 2013, 08:26:09 PM
Quote from: JB93 on April 22, 2013, 01:11:04 PM
I can see the 97 stop from my kitchen and all the ones I've seen throughout the middle of the night have been double deckers like normal.
And if it's any consolation, when I temporarily move back home next month I'll be using it at about 3am to get home from work :')

was really just a phantom bus in disguise?

It connects at International station with the ghost train....

....ill get my coat

I didn't say there weren't any single deckers being used, just that I'd only seen double deckers.... obviously I don't sit there watching every bus that turns up, so a polite little "actually, that's not right" would be appreciated rather than sarcasm.

Children! Please!

As I've said prior, Twilight allocation must be branded (listed buses on previous post) . Because not all the buses are branded yet they can get away with any veh on the route. Especially early last week, another spat of abs lights...

Plenty of Volvo Saloons used of an evening, according to a pal of mine. Certainly 2128 was out tonight, assumedly on the 21:20 ex BHX - arrived Birmingham International around 21:36 displaying NEC/BHX etc, then returned to Brum O.O.S. WITHOUT EVER SERVING BHX. Don't know if the 21:50 ran as i'd given up (again) & got the local to Marston Green.

Don't know if there's any AVL staff monitoring the route out of office hours, but experiences tells me there NEEDS to be as timekeeping / route adherence is a joke, even had to reduce myself to travelling on VIP (joke) a week ago....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk