News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Vehicle Transfers

Started by Ash, March 19, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: BN on February 16, 2013, 06:58:59 PM

4599-4605 are going to be branded for the 529 so doubt it will be them. But how things change so quickly!

Interesting. Must be why they have all been repainted/in the process on been repainted. They could do more than 6 branded buses as well.

Lukeee

Quote from: John on February 16, 2013, 07:05:34 PM
Quote from: BN on February 16, 2013, 06:58:59 PM

4599-4605 are going to be branded for the 529 so doubt it will be them. But how things change so quickly!

Interesting. Must be why they have all been repainted/in the process on been repainted. They could do more than 6 branded buses as well.

4599 - 4605 would make 7 branded

don

Quote from: Winston on February 16, 2013, 12:31:13 PM
Quote from: Trident 4609 on February 16, 2013, 12:06:35 PM
Well if all the older 2001-2002 dennis tridents and a few transbus tridents then there will still be a load of transbus tridents but they may well choose to send the transbus tridents instead but we will have to wait and see

I think it will be 04/54 plate Tridents, as I posted in another thread BC have a large concentration of 65 Y-reg Tridents as it is, which are now 12/13 years old & make up 30% of its fleet as it is. The double decker fleet at BC needs to be modernized & distributed more evenly around the various Trident depots

Where would you think the 21 early Tridents may go? Noted that WA already have some of these.....................andsome elderly B10Ls and B6LEs. It's my guess that somehow, by means of cunning cascades, the 81 double decks will replace Mercs.`I'm quite surprised about the 4800-4829 suggested transfer - perhaps this is part of the cunning cascade. No doubt it'll all becone clear soon.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Quote from: don on February 16, 2013, 07:16:01 PM
Well if all the older 2001-2002 dennis tridents and a few transbus tridents then there will still be a load of transbus tridents but they may well choose to send the transbus tridents instead but we will have to wait and see

I think it will be 04/54 plate Tridents, as I posted in another thread BC have a large concentration of 65 Y-reg Tridents as it is, which are now 12/13 years old & make up 30% of its fleet as it is. The double decker fleet at BC needs to be modernized & distributed more evenly around the various Trident depots

Where would you think the 21 early Tridents may go? Noted that WA already have some of these.....................andsome elderly B10Ls and B6LEs. It's my guess that somehow, by means of cunning cascades, the 81 double decks will replace Mercs.`I'm quite surprised about the 4800-4829 suggested transfer - perhaps this is part of the cunning cascade. No doubt it'll all becone clear soon.

Don,

BN has already confirmed that the Tridents WN will be loosing are going to BC & YW

don

Quote from: Winston on February 16, 2013, 07:20:00 PM

Don,

BN has already confirmed that the Tridents WN will be loosing are going to BC & YW

Yeah I know but what will they replace at BC and YW, and where will whatever they replace go to? Sorry if my post was less than clear guys.

winston

Quote from: don on February 16, 2013, 07:24:10 PM
Quote from: Winston on February 16, 2013, 07:20:00 PM

Don,

Yeah I know but what will they replace at BC and YW, and where will whatever they replace go to? Sorry if my post was less than clear guys.

pass, not sure on that one. Other than I'm guessing the 3 x Presidents Dundee are still expecting could be 4120-4122 from YW to join 4123/4?

don

Winston, I agree with you - I think having these huge batches of buses of one age band creates problems when it comes to refurb (based on the apparent allocation of budgets to individual garages) - so 75 Tridents at WN doesn't make great sense - it also plays havoc with average vehicle ages at each garage (eg Wolverhampton will have a significant percentage of it's fleet less than 2 yrs old after the hybrids arrive).

I think the Outer Circle will get new buses in a couple of years, when the Presidents are due for replacement  (a nice high profile route for hybrids?) - the first 200 NXWM low floor double deckers (4001 - 4200) are allocated very unequally currently across the fleet - largely at B'ham garages except PB - BC have a large number of them as do AG.

Ashley

as of yesterday, B6s and Excels run the 62 etc. By the way did 601 come to wolves in a right state or did two days on the 11 mean loads of graffiti and etching got on to it?

Discodave

Quote from: Ashley on February 18, 2013, 05:04:26 AM
as of yesterday, B6s and Excels run the 62 etc. By the way did 601 come to wolves in a right state or did two days on the 11 mean loads of graffiti and etching got on to it?

Excels still holding on one on the 28 today an early refurbed one did not catch the fleet number.

Ashley

The trident transfer won't happen until after the metro closure at easter, however I would like to clarify

PB and YW enviros to PE then PEs to YW in a swap
WN tridents to BC and YW replacing presidents
CV omnilinks to currently unknown

Just want to get my info right?

PM

Quote from: Ashley on February 18, 2013, 06:16:35 PM
The trident transfer won't happen until after the metro closure at easter, however I would like to clarify

PB and YW enviros to PE then PEs to YW in a swap
WN tridents to BC and YW replacing presidents
CV omnilinks to currently unknown

Just want to get my info right?

Where will all these surplus presidents go to-WestBrom replacing mercs or something like that? Or is it time to send them to the scrapman

Ash

I think some presidents will head to Dundee. I would like to see some presidents go to Coventry to ensure services like the 10 stay double decker operated.

wbdriver

Quote from: Ash on February 18, 2013, 06:25:03 PM
I think some presidents will head to Dundee. I would like to see some presidents go to Coventry to ensure services like the 10 stay double decker operated.

Dundee are expecting 5 presidents in total, as said in another topic. 2 are there already, only three to go, possible 4120-4122 to go with 4123 and 4124.
an empty bus is a happy driver.

John

Quote from: Peter123 on February 18, 2013, 06:20:01 PM
Where will all these surplus presidents go to-WestBrom replacing mercs or something like that? Or is it time to send them to the scrapman

I don't think they will go back to West Brom after they lost most of them last year. But I don't think they will get withdrawn either.  Yardley Wood is the best place for them because of the LEZ, unless there is a surprise transfer for them in the next few months

Tony

Quote from: Ash on February 18, 2013, 06:25:03 PM
As I posted in the 23 new buses for Coventry thread they are getting 10 new Enviro 400 for the 10

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk