News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Vehicle Transfers

Started by Ash, March 19, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

B6LEs aren't that bad, they suit some park lane routes perfectly, I.e. 62/A
I imagine this being the end of solos at WN
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

makkacdt

i actually find it it funny the poor wolvo passengers will have to ride these out, ill think ill happly stick to the mercs on the 89/289 for me
Wouldnt mind a 10 min bus service....

SMK

Quote from: makkacdt on January 06, 2013, 02:53:52 AM
i actually find it it funny the poor wolvo passengers will have to ride these out, ill think ill happly stick to the mercs on the 89/289 for me
Hopefully they stay off my local route which is Merc-operated atm.
Though I read elsewhere on the forum that WN are losing 3 of their Mercs as part of this transfer, so my route may see the odd rare one on it.
Then there's that once a month journey I make on the 11 which can see an Excel and the odd Solo on it, so I may encounter a B6 on there too.  :-\
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

Bob

B6s arent my favourite, but they are way way better than Excels! Ive never minded Solo's tbh, much more pleasant to ride on and nicer sounding than MPD Darts

Ash

Will blinds be created for the b6le's as no vehicles Wolverhampton operate have just one blind at the front as the excels/mercs all have two front blinds one for the final destination and one for the via points. Or will they install electronic blinds just for the front like some of the mercs have had at PE.

Tony

Quote from: Ash on January 06, 2013, 01:58:37 PM
Will blinds be created for the b6le's as no vehicles Wolverhampton operate have just one blind at the front as the excels/mercs all have two front blinds one for the final destination and one for the via points. Or will they install electronic blinds just for the front like some of the mercs have had at PE.

Depends if Wolverhampton kept some of the ones out of the B10Ls they had

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Tony on January 06, 2013, 02:10:24 PM

Would the ones from the smaller Excels fit?
They were withdrawn just before the review though, so won't have some places on there.

mranon

i know theres cost implications here, but isnt it about time nxwm bit the bullet and fitted digi blinds to all buses? if a lot of other companies can do it nxwm can. when vehicle withdrawn they could be removed and re-used surely

SMK

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on January 06, 2013, 04:42:04 PM

They were withdrawn just before the review though, so won't have some places on there.
If they do fit, they should have the destinations for the routes I expect to see them on (26, 28, 62/62a, 11, 32/33) seeing as those Excels have been on those routes or routes that served those destinations in the past.
Plus IIRC there were still a number of shorter Excels still in service after the review?
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

Tony

Quote from: SMK on January 06, 2013, 05:30:04 PM

The blinds in the short Excels are narrower than B6 or B10 blinds

If they do fit, they should have the destinations for the routes I expect to see them on (26, 62/62a, 11, 32/33) seeing as those Excels have been on those routes or routes that served those destinations in the past.
Plus IIRC there were still a number of shorter Excels still in service after the review?

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Tony on January 06, 2013, 05:48:32 PM
Quote from: SMK on January 06, 2013, 05:30:04 PM

The blinds in the short Excels are narrower than B6 or B10 blinds

If they do fit, they should have the destinations for the routes I expect to see them on (26, 62/62a, 11, 32/33) seeing as those Excels have been on those routes or routes that served those destinations in the past.

Ok, thanks Tony, its old B10L blinds or the slim chance of some new blinds for them.
There's not a lot to find, think it's 9 transferring for now.

Ashley

The mini Excels have done the rounds in the storage yards, surely there are some single line destination displays knocking around, the only destination I could think that would need adding to them is Willenhall, think all other place names would be there,

John

4350 was on the 2 today, possible transfer or on loan from Central to Yardley Wood.

Sh4318

Quote from: John on January 07, 2013, 05:01:09 PM
4350 was on the 2 today, possible transfer or on loan from Central to Yardley Wood.

Pretty sure it was on the 35 yesterday
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Rob H

Quote from: John on January 07, 2013, 05:01:09 PM

Seen 4350 today this time it was on the 6 so it looks like its transferred to YW

Also 4635 is now at WB seen on the 87 on Moor Street Queensway this morning
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk