News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Vehicle Transfers

Started by Ash, March 19, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

John

Quote from: Ashley on September 09, 2012, 07:53:39 AM
1702 was on the 410 yesterday with full blinds, so is it at PE or WB?

1702 Still at West Bromwich today, on the 449
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/8023760775

winston

Quote from: wbdriver on September 25, 2012, 08:17:18 PM
rumour has it at the garage the 101 and 16 are coming to a new outstation garage on kelvin way or kenrick way in west bromwich for when the lease on oak road expires in the next couple of months, so perhaps more geminis for WB? but nothing official yet.

we are being route trained on the new sandwell review routes at the minute and there has been no mention of perry barr taking on any of the routes

Would that be to free up some room at PB prior to the North Birmingham Bus Review due to take place in Feb 2013? That's assuming the review resulted in a Pvr increase at PB of course

winston

Quote from: Tony on September 25, 2012, 07:51:58 PM
May be a big change around of routes to garages with the Sandwell review with WB taking on two of PBs current routes and PB having some of the new routes from Birmingham into Sandwell

I can see why PB may need to loose a couple of routes with it being at capacity & the forthcoming North B'ham bus review in Feb 2013, but I can't see any merit in PB receiving B'ham - Sandwell routes in exchange, unless I'm missing something?

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Winston on September 25, 2012, 09:22:27 PM
rumour has it at the garage the 101 and 16 are coming to a new outstation garage on kelvin way or kenrick way in west bromwich for when the lease on oak road expires in the next couple of months, so perhaps more geminis for WB? but nothing official yet.

we are being route trained on the new sandwell review routes at the minute and there has been no mention of perry barr taking on any of the routes

Would that be to free up some room at PB prior to the North Birmingham Bus Review due to take place in Feb 2013? That's assuming the review resulted in a Pvr increase at PB of course

Would they really do it so far in advance?

Ash

I don't think WB has the capacity to take on all these new services as i thought the garage was already near enough full but if people are saying PB is full aswell then I'm not sure unless Pensnett takes on some of these new service such as the old 450 service that is being extended to Merry Hill.

winston

Quote from: monkeyjoe on September 25, 2012, 09:27:44 PM
Quote from: Winston on September 25, 2012, 09:22:27 PM

Would they really do it so far in advance?

I was just making an assumption, but it is only 5 months away max, maybe NXWM have plans of their own to expand the North B'ham network, with PB full to capacity who knows???

It would take time to set up a new garage even if only an outstation of WB, source land/ acquire or agree a lease then obtain planning permission, buses / routes & staff would need to transfer, so plausible......

monkeyjoe

One thought that comes to my mind straight away. PB could give up the 94 to BC, then maybe we might see some decent looking buses on the route.

Sorry but couldn't resist it.

winston

Quote from: Ash on September 25, 2012, 09:31:06 PM
I don't think WB has the capacity to take on all these new services as i thought the garage was already near enough full but if people are saying PB is full aswell then I'm not sure unless Pensnett takes on some of these new service such as the old 450 service that is being extended to Merry Hill.

Don't forgot that some existing WB services are being withdrawn and replaced by new services / existing services extended. I guess it largely depends on how much the new Pvr increases by

WA will need a handful of extra buses for the 4 / 4H & 4M,

WN for the X1,

Then whatever WB will require for their increased commitment and whether any routes / new routes will transfer in to PE

John

Quote from: monkeyjoe on September 25, 2012, 09:45:47 PM
One thought that comes to my mind straight away. PB could give up the 94 to BC, then maybe we might see some decent looking buses on the route.

Maybe, but I would think that BC are also full to capacity now as well.
They lost 30 buses (Enviro's) with Lea Hall's closure but gained quite a few more, with the 54/55/90/97/14 etc.

winston

Quote from: monkeyjoe on September 25, 2012, 09:45:47 PM

Could BC even accommodate any more buses/routes? Wasn't that was the reason the 94 went to PB when LH closed in the first place

monkeyjoe

I'm going off topic but was trying to be optimistic.  ;D

Rob H

Not Sure whether it was On Loan or Transferred but I spotted 4154 on BC school service 876 at Yardley Swan this morning and 4154 may have been spotted again on the 60 because once it has done that school service it then goes on to the 60
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

BU07 LGO

The only two west brom routes i could think of that have a chance of going to perry barr are 406 and 451 though they are surely better to stay at WB. Just a longshot!

Tony

Quote from: BU07 LGO on September 28, 2012, 03:05:14 PM
The only two west brom routes i could think of that have a chance of going to perry barr are 404 and 451 though they are surely better to stay at WB. Just a longshot!
404 isn't a West Bromwich route!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk