News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Vehicle Transfers

Started by Ash, March 19, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Why all the fuss about the Spectras? When there will be plenty of Presidents in decent condition, and with a few more years in service left in them, looking for new homes once they're not allowed in Birmingham city centre from next year!  ;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: Tony on September 01, 2012, 07:42:28 PM
Quote from: A1991 on September 01, 2012, 04:20:31 PM
I suppose russels hall hospital & dudley bus station would be a problem too, shame really because they could have made a huge difference

A far bigger problem would be that they are unreliable old nails

And drink fuel.....

I'll be gob smacked if Volant ever found a buyer for those when there is an abundance of much newer Citaro artics for sale, or is the reason for their return from Volant is that they have given up?

Would NXWM not just be better to break them up for parts to keep the 0405N's going?

PM

Volant seem a rubbish and half-hearted dealer if you ask me. NXWM should cannibalise the artics for parts to keep the other mercs going and then sell em for scrap. The problem is artics were an expensive and short lived fad leaving those that invested heavily in them out of pocket.

Ashley

4517 was still at AG today, got it on the 5

Ash

Will 4515 and 4516 stay at PB or transfer to WB to keep all the 53 reg gemini's together

John

Quote from: Ashley on September 01, 2012, 09:37:55 PM

4518 was also on the 31 for it's last day at Acocks Green

John

4082 was working on the 73 today

karl724223

1697 been at pensnett all week with blinds fitted. theres still talk that pensnett only want one type of decker and thats the enviro 400 early perry barr ones still mentioned

winston

Quote from: karl724223 on September 02, 2012, 10:57:00 AM
1697 been at pensnett all week with blinds fitted. theres still talk that pensnett only want one type of decker and thats the enviro 400 early perry barr ones still mentioned

Is 1697 a loan as its come from WB rather than BY?

I didn't think that Pensnett garage was now receiving any routes transferred in from other garages and the allocation being increased?

Stu

Quote from: John-s-91 on September 01, 2012, 09:52:29 PM
Quote from: Ashley on September 01, 2012, 09:37:55 PM

4518 was also on the 31 for it's last day at Acocks Green

Not quite, it is operating on the 1 today, so it's not gone yet!  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

richie

Quote from: thetruth on September 02, 2012, 04:18:18 PM
Anyone from Pensnett noticed that 1616 is missing?

At west brom in exchange for 1696 or 1697 V plate

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: richie on September 02, 2012, 04:55:39 PM

I do feel sorry for WB at times, there Mercs must be the scruffiest large batch of buses in the whole fleet, was in West Brom bus station yesterday and out of all the bus terminals in the whole region it must see the lowest number of current liveried NXWM buses, when I was in the only current repaint buses out of about 15 in where two Spectra's from WN garage! Everything else were scruffy WB Presidents, Merc's, and Darts.

Tony

Quote from: wilmotm on September 02, 2012, 05:04:48 PM
Quote from: richie on September 02, 2012, 04:55:39 PM

I do feel sorry for WB at times, there Mercs must be the scruffiest large batch of buses in the whole fleet, was in West Brom bus station yesterday and out of all the bus terminals in the whole region it must see the lowest number of current liveried NXWM buses, when I was in the only current repaint buses out of about 15 in where two Spectra's from WN garage! Everything else were scruffy WB Presidents, Merc's, and Darts.

What was on the 74/75 then? If you saw two 79s, I presume you must have seen at least one Soho Road bus, amazed in 15 buses none of the B6s Red/White presidents/Geminis or ALX400s in either livery. Walsall Scanias?

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

I was on a ALX400 74 myself in TWM livery with another one following the same, coming back from the Hawthorns and caught in the horrendous traffic, hence a lack of Soho Road buses, there were 2-3 toothpaste Presidents, 6-7 Mercs mostly from WB but a PE one on the 238, and then both 676 and 674 I think, though a little unsure on the last two, and yes there was a WA Omnilink just about to enter the bus station and one had only just left but I was talking about buses parked or picking up in the actual bus station.

Now I am in no way complaining about this as I much prefer the old livery and many of the buses did look cleaner without as much white paint I just mentioned this as a response to WB garage seeming to be at the bottom of the pile now, having the oldest average fleet age I believe and in light of the swap of 1616.

Tony

Bordesley have only three mercedes on the road this morning 1660/4/7. two on the 17 one on the 8. Expect a few more different ones in the black country

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk