News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Vehicle Transfers

Started by Ash, March 19, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

How is it going to be a good advert for NXWM, when they will have to have all NXWM logo's removed?

That was the point I was trying to make, don't see the point in getting involved

Quote from: Ashley on May 23, 2012, 10:02:26 AM
It probably would be a good advert for NXWM, if every bit of etching was removed from the vehicles sent. But wouldnt it be mkore sense to send Presidents rather than Enviro400s

Tony

Quote from: winston on May 23, 2012, 11:23:10 AM
How is it going to be a good advert for NXWM, when they will have to have all NXWM logo's removed?

That was the point I was trying to make, don't see the point in getting involved

Perhaps the point is the company is going to make quite a bit of money out of it? The buses are not on hire to another operator as mentioned above

winston

I guess it must be worth their while to have to go to all that trouble.

Presumably the date of the Olympics will coincide with when NXWM normally reduce the frequencies/Pvr during the school summer holidays anyway, so covering for 20 vehicles on those Olympic duties will not create too much of headache

Quote from: Tony on May 23, 2012, 12:00:04 PM

Perhaps the point is the company is going to make quite a bit of money out of it? The buses are not on hire to another operator as mentioned above

don

I think it's excellent news - presumably NXWM has answered a request from the Olympic Committee for assistance - providing money and kudos for the company - do they get to say they're supporting the Olympics as well on their branding?

Also Winston, I agree with what you're saying regarding the B10Ls replacing B6LEs at Walsall, but also if you total the new vehicles in over the last few months or planned in the next month across the NXWM fleet (about 215) against withdrawals over the same period, there is quite a shortfall of withdrawals at the moment - enough to remove all the B6LEs, Excels and all but about 20 B10Ls.........

And presumably some extra vehicles are required for V Festival as well?? Plus to cover refurbishment plans.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Quote from: don on May 23, 2012, 07:44:02 PM

I think it's excellent news - presumably NXWM has answered a request from the Olympic Committee for assistance - providing money and kudos for the company - do they get to say they're supporting the Olympics as well on their branding?

Also Winston, I agree with what you're saying regarding the B10Ls replacing B6LEs at Walsall, but also if you total the new vehicles in over the last few months or planned in the next month across the NXWM fleet (about 215) against withdrawals over the same period, there is quite a shortfall of withdrawals at the moment - enough to remove all the B6LEs, Excels and all but about 20 B10Ls.........

And presumably some extra vehicles are required for V Festival as well?? Plus to cover refurbishment plans.

Don,

As I see it, all withdrawals have already taken place for deliveries of Volvo B7RLE's at WN (2059-2077) & PE (2078-2098) garages, also all vehicles have already been withdrawn from AG following the entry in to service of AG's 23 Volvo B7RLE (2099-2121), the new vehicles at AG have resulted in a cascade of 22 B10L to WA & 2 B10L to PB (1423 & 1430).

Of the 22 B10L now at WA, this has already resulted in 9 B6LE withdrawals up to April fleet changes (4 went to reserve, 5 refurbished B6LE went to BC resulting in 5 non refurbished examples being withdrawn), that leaves approx 13 more B6LE withdrawals from WA once all B10L enter service, however, Tony has already confirmed that fewer B6LE may be withdrawn than B10L's taken in to stock to give WA a higher allocation to cover for V festival/Olympic duties etc.

The ex Dundee Omnilinks have resulted in the withdrawal of 4 x B10L's & 4269 & 4509 to WB (573 & 676 were withdrawn from WB as a result - April fleet changes)
The two ex AG B10L's (1423 & 1430) now @ PB moved in May, whilst 1412 has also been withdrawn in May, so may one withdrawal as a result of those arrivals
The 31 x Volvo B7RLE @ BC are cascading Omnilinks to BY then cascading Merc's to WN. (1688/1689 went to WN in April, so 2 of the Excel withdrawals may be a result of those entering service at WN in April fleet changes.

Up to April Fleet changes & also including 1423/30 AG - PB & 1412 PB - XS, I have the following quantities still left in service:

Volvo B6LE - 64
Excel - 20
B10L - 49

Based on your figures, that would mean 113 withdrawals still to take place,

As I see it withdrawals still to take place are as follows:

Up to 13 Volvo B6LE from WA as a result of 22 x B10L received
1 or 2 TWM liveried B10L's from PB as a result of 1423/30
31 single deckers as a result of the BC Volvo B7RLE arrivals/Omnilink/Merc cascades (which will no doubt include most if not all remaining Excel @ WN)
5 x Omnilinks still to arrive from Dundee, all six to enter service at PB garage?

I reckon there are actually only approx 50 - 55 more withdrawals due.

There will of course be a further 30 ish withdrawals due during Oct/Nov 2012 when the 30 Midis enter service

Are your figures also taking in to account the 21 Hybrids due in early 2013?

Ashley

The 2013 hybrids should replace the Spectras at WN as a guess.

As for the BY Mercs, I saw 1687 on the 11 in Wolves yesterday with blank blinds

Rob H

Winston buddy 673 is @ BC ;)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

winston

Rob H, you are quite right, it was a typo should have been 676 withdrawn (I've edited my original post),

Cheers mate!

Quote from: Rob H on May 24, 2012, 03:48:34 PM
Winston buddy 673 is @ BC ;)

mranon

1690 1691 1692 1687 all seen in wn bus station today

John

4063 is at Acocks Green on the 31's today.

don

Quote from: winston on May 23, 2012, 10:39:31 PM

There will of course be a further 30 ish withdrawals due during Oct/Nov 2012 when the 30 Midis enter service

No I didn't include the hybrids or midibuses, just added the numbers up wrong. I agree with your numbers, Winston, I think 55 ish based on:-

New vehicles since Nov 2011 - 215 (including the Dundee Scanias and B7RLEs in course of transfer/delivery)
Withdrawals since Nov 2011 - 160

Based on Tony's fleetlists at Nov 2011 and updates to April 2012 (a handful of B6LEs listed in updates as withdrawn haven't been shown as withdrawn in the fleet list yet, and two ex London Excels went in Nov 11 but not listed in the update), I think candidates for withdrawal are from:-

48 B6LE
18 Excels (no ex London ones left)
  2 Darts
50 B10L
11 Solo     a total of 129 + any Mercs which are also withdrawn.

At the current rate of 18 per month I think it likely the B6LE and Excels, except maybe for penny numbers if any are needed owing to vehicle size restrictions on specific routes, may be history within two/three months.

winston

Quote from: don on May 26, 2012, 02:24:19 AM
Quote from: winston on May 23, 2012, 10:39:31 PM

No I didn't include the hybrids or midibuses, just added the numbers up wrong. I agree with your numbers, Winston, I think 55 ish based on:-

New vehicles since Nov 2011 - 215 (including the Dundee Scanias and B7RLEs in course of transfer/delivery)
Withdrawals since Nov 2011 - 160

Based on Tony's fleetlists at Nov 2011 and updates to April 2012 (a handful of B6LEs listed in updates as withdrawn haven't been shown as withdrawn in the fleet list yet, and two ex London Excels went in Nov 11 but not listed in the update), I think candidates for withdrawal are from:-

48 B6LE
18 Excels (no ex London ones left)
  2 Darts
50 B10L
11 Solo     a total of 129 + any Mercs which are also withdrawn.

At the current rate of 18 per month I think it likely the B6LE and Excels, except maybe for penny numbers if any are needed owing to vehicle size restrictions on specific routes, may be history within two/three months.

Don,

Your Solo & B6LE quantities are a bit light,

Up to end of April, there were still the following left in service,

Solos = 13
B6LE = 63 (more will be withdrawn from WA following receipt/entry in to service of ex AG B10L's)
There are also the 14 ex Travel London Dart SLF/ALX200 @ WB to consider, as they are non standard

don

I agree on the ALX200s - I didn't include them simply because they aren't coming up to 15 yrs old quite yet whereas all the rest are.

I guess we will have to wait and see - the conjecture could all be upset if the overall PVR is reduced, the percentage of spares for maintenance is lowered (by lowering the percentage of unreliable older vehicles replaced by the influx of new ones), or if a lot more Mercs get withdrawn.

lynx1103

1459/1477/7127 are still waiting to enter service at Walsall. It`s quite a shame at Acocks Green all Volvo B10L`s was gone within a Month after 10 years of service there.

Tony

1469 has died from PB, now at Miller Street.
1412 has for some reason been dumped withdrawn at Walsall

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk