News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Vehicle Transfers

Started by Ash, March 19, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

You are right Gareth - but there's nothing like an enthusiast forum to strike up strong emotions.

However Michael has noticed what a number of people have, namely that Coventry has rather a large allocation of 'at risk' Mercs so must be in line for either a substantial number of new vehicles or cascade of other vehicles, or a combination of both in the fairly near future.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Ash

Quote from: Michael on August 29, 2012, 04:09:27 AM
Quote from: Ash on August 29, 2012, 12:20:19 AM
Quote from: Michael on August 27, 2012, 09:45:28 PM
To be honest, I doubt they'll waste the money to change the red to blue on the Mercs. It'd me more logical to transfer something like Scania Omnilinks from somewhere to Coventry.

Michael, Stop assuming they gonna transfer omnilinks from somewhere to Coventry, it hasnt been announced has it! lol

******************* I stated that it'd be more logical based on the fact that it'd be more long term, so they wouldn't just change the colour and then end up withdrawing it a couple of months down the line.

Is there any need for the '***********' comment , What is your problem its a forum is open to suggestions if you dont like whats being said you not what you can do  ;D. I was just saying painting a stripe on some of BY's newer mercs and replacing logo's to replace some of Coventry's older mercs could be an idea and surely not that expensive. At the moment where could you see these omnilinks coming from to transfer to Coventry, and as theres no new full size single deckers being delivered soon im sure the BY mercs would be at Coventry for quite a while if they transferred there.

Liberator9

The Scanias seem to be running the 5 mainly now, and the new Eclipses still seem to making appearances on the 37.

Tony

Quote from: Ash on August 27, 2012, 07:13:10 PM
I think there will be more mercs from BY to replace 1526/9/1622 and 1626 still in travel west midland livery and may be some of the older mercs in NXWM livery such as 1523 and 1534.

1526 still alive and well

MW

Quote from: Liberator9 on August 29, 2012, 05:45:27 PM
The Scanias seem to be running the 5 mainly now, and the new Eclipses still seem to making appearances on the 37.

Others often around 4 Eclipses on the 37, however the Presidents have vanished from it.

It's most likely just whilst the holidays.

Tony

4520 now at WB, on the 128 today photo appearing on main site soon

Stu

Quote from: Michael on August 30, 2012, 08:49:56 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on August 29, 2012, 05:45:27 PM

Others often around 4 Eclipses on the 37, however the Presidents have vanished from it.

It's most likely just whilst the holidays.

The 37 is on 'summer holiday' at the moment too, yes once the school term starts, then the extra peak-time workings will return and so will the Presidents!  8)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

The last two 45xx Geminis are due to leave AG this weekend and be replaced by 4099 & 4100 in a swop with WB

Ex pensnett driver

Bendy buses on way to pensnett ( reserve fleet )

Andrew1991

Quote from: pensnettdriver on August 31, 2012, 08:33:46 PM
Bendy buses on way to pensnett ( reserve fleet )

I think these would be good on the 246 (instead of the reserve fleet) , mercs aren't big enough when students are at college and they'd supply more seats & more space.

Ex pensnett driver

Trouble would be getting them through brierley hill when people are parked inconsiderabley also Stour bus station isn't designed to take bendys

Andrew1991

I suppose russels hall hospital & dudley bus station would be a problem too, shame really because they could have made a huge difference

don

Quote from: A1991 on September 01, 2012, 04:20:31 PM
I suppose russels hall hospital & dudley bus station would be a problem too, shame really because they could have made a huge difference

A few cascaded Spectra would do the same trick  ;)

don

Quote from: don on September 01, 2012, 07:37:17 PM

A few cascaded Spectras would suffice to do the same trick  ;)

Tony

A far bigger problem would be that they are unreliable old nails

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk