News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Vehicle Transfers

Started by Ash, March 19, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Now that the Enviros have returned from Olympic duties & after this weekend's V festival is out the way, as the Enviros have logo's re-applied & return to their original garages, I expect we will see approx 20 x cascades & withdrawals from the NXWM fleet over the coming weeks as follows:

PB hasn't withdrawn anything since receiving the 6 additional Omnilinks ex NX Dundee (7028-7033), therefore once 4851-6 return to PB, I expect we will see 6 x B10L's withdrawn

Once CV & WA received their Enviros back, that will then release the 14 x Ominlinks currently on loan to those garages for transfer elsewhere (Bordesley is looking favourite) which in turn will cascade 14 x T/V reg Mercs to PE, WB & WN I expect. There may just be enough spare Omnilinks to oust the remaining Mercs from BY

JackC

Personally, being as I live not far from West Brom and use their routes fairly regularly, especially the 410, I'd like to see some Scanias headed WB's way. It would be a nice change to have some newer single deckers roaming around. Probably won't happen, but hey, a man can hope, right?

winston

Quote from: JackC on August 17, 2012, 10:29:17 PM
Personally, being as I live not far from West Brom and use their routes fairly regularly, especially the 410, I'd like to see some Scanias headed WB's way. It would be a nice change to have some newer single deckers roaming around. Probably won't happen, but hey, a man can hope, right?

I think that's unlikely, but I'm thinking WB may well receive some new double or single deckers from the NX 2013 order as part of its commitment to the Sandwell Network Review. WB now has the oldest average fleet age and the the small batch of Midi's the garage is expecting to receive will no do much to bring that down

Ash

I doubt this would happen but would be ideal to complete fleet number sets:

2 Omnilinks to PB to transfer 4515/4516 to WB
4 Ominilinks to AG to transfer 4517-20 to WB but a swap of 4 presidents to AG from WB in exchange would be more ideal

Yeah i think its likely that all the omnilinks will go to BY to release mercs to WB/PE and WN but i wouldnt be suprised to see a few '57 reg' omnilinks stay at Walsall as a permanent transfer to ensure the 301/311/313 and 404 stay fully omnilink operation as eclipses do regulary occur or see around 4 go to WB for the 89 service to make that service comply with the emmission requirement when it occurs. Also could see a few omnilinks go PB to replace some liberators there.

The 410 will be one of the last services at WB to get the scania's if they went there, in the evening the alx200 darts could run the service as its not that busy, services like the 89 would get them first.

JackC

Quote from: Ash on August 17, 2012, 10:37:33 PM
The 410 will be one of the last services at WB to get the scania's if they went there, in the evening the alx200 darts could run the service as its not that busy, services like the 89 would get them first.

Mhm, I'm fairly resigned to the fact the 410 wouldn't get too much attention, although it can get fairly busy at times. Still, like I said, nothing wrong with a little hope  :P Also, the Darts do run the evening service most of the time.

winston

I doubt this would happen but would be ideal to complete fleet number sets:

2 Omnilinks to PB to transfer 4515/4516 to WB
4 Ominilinks to AG to transfer 4517-20 to WB but a swap of 4 presidents to AG from WB in exchange would be more ideal

Yeah i think its likely that all the omnilinks will go to BY to release mercs to WB/PE and WN but i wouldnt be suprised to see a few '57 reg' omnilinks stay at Walsall as a permanent transfer to ensure the 301/311/313 and 404 stay fully omnilink operation as eclipses do regulary occur or see around 4 go to WB for the 89 service to make that service comply with the emmission requirement when it occurs. Also could see a few omnilinks go PB to replace some liberators there.

If a few Omnilinks remained at WA, they wouldn't be enough to oust all remaining Mercs, therefore BY would end up with say 44 x Omnilink & 4 Mercs which wouldn't be very practical. Plus as BY is now under joint management with PB and I'm assuming PB have taken over maintenance responsibilities from BC, Mercs aren't a type PB operate stock parts for

Ash

Quote from: JackC on August 17, 2012, 10:42:35 PM

Mhm, I'm fairly resigned to the fact the 410 wouldn't get too much attention, although it can get fairly busy at times. Still, like I said, nothing wrong with a little hope  :P Also, the Darts do run the evening service most of the time.

Yeah Jack C the darts run on the evening 410 becuase the buses come off the 428 so always sees darts or b6le with the mercs off the 410 going on the evening 451, NXWM 410 can be very busy as long as a diamond is not in front then its the other way round as the diamond 410 then seems to be the busiest. Yeah i agree i see the omnilinks going to BY i was just giving a few alternatives but all of them transferring to BY is definitely the most practical.

BU07 LGO

I really dont see why West Brom has gained so many Gemini's recently. They're always wasted on routes which dont need them like today i saw one on the 406 with 6 people on!

Surely they would be better used elsewhere?

JackC

Quote from: BU07 LGO on August 18, 2012, 01:05:09 AM
I really dont see why West Brom has gained so many Gemini's recently. They're always wasted on routes which dont need them like today i saw one on the 406 with 6 people on!

Surely they would be better used elsewhere?

From what I've read, they're for the double deck routes heading into Birmingham ready for the emission zone? A wild guess would say that seeing as the emission zone is not yet in place, they're just using any bus they want on any route they want for the time being.

don

Quote from: Winston on August 17, 2012, 10:11:00 PM
PB hasn't withdrawn anything since receiving the 6 additional Omnilinks ex NX Dundee (7028-7033), therefore once 4851-6 return to PB, I expect we will see 6 x B10L's withdrawn

Surely this will allow 12 withdrawals or transfers?

I'm expecting to see a few more Excels, B6LEs, B10Ls and Mercs get withdrawn - looking at the Reserve fleet thread, it appears a handful more Mercs and Excels have already been withdrawn - prior to return of the Enviros??
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Quote from: don on August 18, 2012, 03:30:15 AM
Quote from: Winston on August 17, 2012, 10:11:00 PM

Surely this will allow 12 withdrawals or transfers?

No, the extra 6 vehicles on PB's allocation have been covering for the 6 PB Enviros away on Olympic duties, PB didn't receive any 57 plate Omnilinks to act as cover, they had the 6 ex Dundee Omnilinks instead & made no withdrawals

Tony

1635 is currently parked in Walsall garage, presumably for tidying up, and 1636 at the paintshop, so it looks like Bordesley have received two of the loaned Mercs and these two are going to be all neat and tidy when they arriva at their new garage

Ashley

Tony do you know where 1635 - 1637 are heading or is too early to ask?

Tony

Quote from: Ashley on August 24, 2012, 02:55:37 PM
Tony do you know where 1635 - 1637 are heading or is too early to ask?

Judging by the current liking of putting batches back together I would guess at Pensnett, but I don't know yet

Rob H

1790 is now at BY seen on the 17 today
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk