News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Centenary Square tomorrow

Started by Liverpool Street, August 14, 2014, 06:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Quote from: 2900 on October 15, 2014, 03:40:55 PM
You'll never get people out of there comfy cars no matter how good the bus is , even with leather seats,blinging paint work, wifi, blah blah, because there's no stopping the riff raff who don't give a shit about any thing or any body, talk abosulute crap while chomping on 99p chicken wings which end up every where. Worst thing about it bus company's expect decent people to pay to sit next to the shite.   
I have a free bus pass and I hate getting on bus full of gangster wannabes, I walk when ever I can or wait for a diamond/ arriva bus. I spend enough time driving turds about last thing I want to do is sit next to them. Sorry if this sounds harsh bit it's true.

This reminds me of the days when Presidents were on the 16... They. Were. FILTHY... I'd always remember the presidents for the mess - then again, I have to reconsider when I see them (almost) spotless on the 11C.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: clayderman on October 15, 2014, 06:12:52 PM
You'll never get people out of there comfy cars no matter how good the bus is , even with leather seats,blinging paint work, wifi, blah blah, because there's no stopping the riff raff who don't give a shit about any thing or any body, talk abosulute crap while chomping on 99p chicken wings which end up every where. Worst thing about it bus company's expect decent people to pay to sit next to the shite.   
I have a free bus pass and I hate getting on bus full of gangster wannabes, I walk when ever I can or wait for a diamond/ arriva bus. I spend enough time driving turds about last thing I want to do is sit next to them. Sorry if this sounds harsh bit it's true.

This reminds me of the days when Presidents were on the 16... They. Were. FILTHY... I'd always remember the presidents for the mess - then again, I have to reconsider when I see them (almost) spotless on the 11C.

When are you referring to?
Presidents have always been very rare on the 16

CL

Quote from: Tony on October 15, 2014, 08:08:02 PM

Around mid 2000s, at a guess, a while after the 16 B7s were debranded. I didn't realise the Presidents were rare on the 16, used to get on them a lot. (or never used to visit town often...) :P

Tony

Quote from: clayderman on October 15, 2014, 08:57:49 PM

Around mid 2000s, at a guess, a while after the 16 B7s were debranded. I didn't realise the Presidents were rare on the 16, used to get on them a lot. (or never used to visit town often...) :P

The 16 was run by Hockley garage who lost their Presidents 9 years ago in 2005 and even before then one on the 16 was extremely rare. The 16 moved to West Bromwich garage at the same time along with all the branded 42xx buses at the same time, again I don't remember WB using Presidents more than once or twice. It moved to Perry Barr garage in 5/06 again along with its branded buses by this time PB had already lost many of its presidents for refurb and transfer to BC, the last ones leaving about 14 months later, again they were not common, and no Presidents have been on there for the last 7 years, so not sure when you remember them on there

CL

Quote from: Tony on October 15, 2014, 09:34:21 PM
Quote from: clayderman on October 15, 2014, 08:57:49 PM

The 16 was run by Hockley garage who lost their Presidents 9 years ago in 2005 and even before then one on the 16 was extremely rare. The 16 moved to West Bromwich garage at the same time along with all the branded 42xx buses at the same time, again I don't remember WB using Presidents more than once or twice. It moved to Perry Barr garage in 5/06 again along with its branded buses by this time PB had already lost many of its presidents for refurb and transfer to BC, the last ones leaving about 14 months later, again they were not common, and no Presidents have been on there for the last 7 years, so not sure when you remember them on there

I really hope I don't come across as rude, but I did say "at a guess". I weren't exactly sure when the ALXs were debranded but I thought it was around 2006? I didn't realise the presidents had moved by then, and I don't want to sh!tstir* - but I remember for sure more than a few journeys on the 16.

*Please excuse my language :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk