News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

I am on 6854, x12 and the driver has just had to get off and go to the back to restart the engine as it wouldn't restart after stopping in the middle of Birmingham Business Park. Thankfully it restarted. Do these buses automatically turn the engine off when stopped or does the handbrake need to be put on?

LiamsTransport1

Quote from: ellspurs on August 12, 2023, 04:04:18 PMI am on 6854, x12 and the driver has just had to get off and go to the back to restart the engine as it wouldn't restart after stopping in the middle of Birmingham Business Park. Thankfully it restarted. Do these buses automatically turn the engine off when stopped or does the handbrake need to be put on?
Only the platinum turn off auto to save fuel, I'm sure it's only when the hand brake is applied but someone who drives them on here will be best to confirm that. 
Local routes: 19/20/20A/27/39/39A/49/55/63/145/202

dw1308

Quote from: LiamsTransport1 on August 12, 2023, 04:08:31 PMOnly the platinum turn off auto to save fuel, I'm sure it's only when the hand brake is applied but someone who drives them on here will be best to confirm that.
The engine on a platinum will turn off once the handbrake is applied, it will also turn off if the doors are open which again you have to have the handbrake applied. However sometimes the start/stop system glitches and the engine doesn't come back on which just involves cycling the ignition to turn the bus back on, not sure why the driver had to go to the engine compartment to restart the vehicle though

GoldenSquid

Quote from: ellspurs on August 12, 2023, 04:04:18 PMI am on 6854, x12 and the driver has just had to get off and go to the back to restart the engine as it wouldn't restart after stopping in the middle of Birmingham Business Park. Thankfully it restarted. Do these buses automatically turn the engine off when stopped or does the handbrake need to be put on?
That just sounds like a normal day on the X12...
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

Quote from: GoldenSquid on August 13, 2023, 10:27:17 PMThat just sounds like a normal day on the X12...
West Brom's platinum fleet right mixture with start/stop, some only stop engine when saloon doors open others every time the handbrake is applied but if you dab the gas pedal it over rides it but not if doors are open. 
There're times platinum's lose the plot and you have to turn everything off and restart never had to leave the cab to restart one though, so many electrical gremlins its unreal just shite buses IMO

GoldenSquid

Quote from: 2900 on August 14, 2023, 08:45:03 AMWest Brom's platinum fleet right mixture with start/stop, some only stop engine when saloon doors open others every time the handbrake is applied but if you dab the gas pedal it over rides it but not if doors are open.
There're times platinum's lose the plot and you have to turn everything off and restart never had to leave the cab to restart one though, so many electrical gremlins its unreal just shite buses IMO
BC platinums have the same issues.
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

BusDriverBosh

So looks like
- X1 going to Coventry garage.
- X14 going back to Perry Barr.
- 14 coming back to Birmingham Central. Will be joining the Stechford Rota along with 94/95.
- X2 will be going onto Bromford Rota along with X12/X13.
Bus Driver
61 - Birmingham ➡️ Frankley
63 - Birmingham ➡️ Longbridge ➡️ Frankley

Stu

Quote from: BusDriverBosh on August 24, 2023, 05:57:49 PMSo looks like

Seems logical enough and the only short-term way to ensure that all NX buses in Coventry are electric.

I will presume that Coventry has the capacity - and vehicles - to take on this route.

Any idea when this might be happening? I would guess not any time soon, maybe a few months off?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

gc802002

Quote from: BusDriverBosh on August 24, 2023, 05:57:49 PMSo looks like
- X14 going back to Perry Barr.
- 14 coming back to Birmingham Central. Will be joining the Stechford Rota along with 94/95.
- X2 will be going onto Bromford Rota along with X12/X13.
When is this starting?

ellspurs

Query: what timeframe do they have for the Sprint Walsall-Solihull service to be launched? Moving the x2 onto the x12/x13 rota doesn't seem to be something that would just be done for a short time.

Stu

Quote from: ellspurs on August 24, 2023, 06:10:12 PMQuery: what timeframe do they have for the Sprint Walsall-Solihull service to be launched? Moving the x2 onto the x12/x13 rota doesn't seem to be something that would just be done for a short time.
Next year, at the earliest, for the 'proper' full Sprint launch with articulated vehicles. Personally, I think it won't happen until 2025, or maybe won't even happen at all.
My locals:

Tony

cardew

Do we know if there's a deadline for this in terms of government funding contribution?

Stu

Quote from: cardew on August 24, 2023, 06:39:33 PMDo we know if there's a deadline for this in terms of government funding contribution?
Deadline for what?
My locals:

cardew

Quote from: Stu on August 24, 2023, 06:41:30 PMDeadline for what?
For the purchase of the attics. I may have misunderstood if it comes under BSIP.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk