News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Vehicle Transfers

Started by Ash, March 19, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4528 on the 80 to Birmingham today
4529 on the 80 too, I think... I didn't know cause the rear LED doesn't work

Ash

4528/9 been at WB a while now but gemini's seem more and more common on the 80 now

Rob H

1789 is now at BY seen on the 17 at Yardley Yew Tree this morning  :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

2137 was on the 58 today
and 1811 on the 17

I was google searching randomly, and I came across some old NXWM route bus and garage allocations:
http://uktransport.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_National_Express_West_Midlands_Bus_Routes
if anyone's interested  :)

lynx1103

has 1423/1430 left Acocks green yet the only B10L at Acocks Green

winston

1430 has, but its gone to PB instead, possibly as a replacement for 1412 which is now withdrawn

Quote from: lynx1103 on May 20, 2012, 10:14:18 AM
has 1423/1430 left Acocks green yet the only B10L at Acocks Green

Rob H

1809 & 1810 are now at BY both on the 17 today :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

lynx1103

1423 is now at Perry Barr

Does that mean all BC omnilinks are heading to BY then?

Quote from: Rob H on May 18, 2012, 01:13:21 PM
1789 is now at BY seen on the 17 at Yardley Yew Tree this morning  :)

D10

I think the whole Omnilink allocation is going to temporarily get a bit complicated. This is due to NXWM loaning several fairly new vehicles down to London operators for the Olympics, so there will need to be spare vehicles. The situation is made more difficult by the fact that any buses used at the Olympics must have all logos, adverts and ticket equipment removed and therefore they will be out of use for a period before and after the actual games too.

Therefore these ex-BC Scanias are possibly to be used as a float to cover missing vehicles before settling into their proper new homes later in the year.

don

I think that the 'temporary' renaissance of B10Ls at Walsall covers the loan of vehicles for the Olympics - does anyone know whether this will be for the period of the Paralympics also?

The B7RLEs at BC will presumably replace Omnilinks which move to BY and replace (all?) of the Mercs for (generally) cascade for final B6LE and Excel replacement across WB, WN and PE.

Presumably the next batch of ex Dundee Scanias will go to PB to cover for their vehicles at the Olympics, which will replace B10Ls on their return.

All conjecture - does anyone know the actual details?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Don,

The bulk of the B10Ls at WA are replacing B6LE.

I think Tony has already confirmed somewhere that NXWM will be loaning 20 vehicles to Londond for the Olympics, I'm assuming these will be non branded Enviro 400's, personally I don't see the point in NXWM getting involved, especially as those buses will need to be out of action before & after the Olympics, plus the work involved having all logo's / adverts / ticketing equipment removed. It would make more sense if buses were allowed to keep logo's, it would be a good advert for NX

Quote from: don on May 22, 2012, 10:01:43 PM
I think that the 'temporary' renaissance of B10Ls at Walsall covers the loan of vehicles for the Olympics - does anyone know whether this will be for the period of the Paralympics also?

The B7RLEs at BC will presumably replace Omnilinks which move to BY and replace (all?) of the Mercs for (generally) cascade for final B6LE and Excel replacement across WB, WN and PE.

Presumably the next batch of ex Dundee Scanias will go to PB to cover for their vehicles at the Olympics, which will replace B10Ls on their return.

All conjecture - does anyone know the actual details?

Ashley

It probably would be a good advert for NXWM, if every bit of etching was removed from the vehicles sent. But wouldnt it be mkore sense to send Presidents rather than Enviro400s

Tony

Quote from: Ashley on May 23, 2012, 10:02:26 AM
It probably would be a good advert for NXWM, if every bit of etching was removed from the vehicles sent. But wouldnt it be mkore sense to send Presidents rather than Enviro400s
Yes, lets send vehicles that don't even meet Birminghams emission rules let alone theLEZ ones

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk