News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Tony

Quote from: MW on May 29, 2015, 03:07:51 PM
No idea, how come?

Just a bit baffled, you see, you posted you were on 1384 on the 18th May, so still at the training school, but anyone still at the training school on that date would not be driving in service yet

MW

Quote from: Tony on May 29, 2015, 03:15:50 PM
Just a bit baffled, you see, you posted you were on 1384 on the 18th May, so still at the training school, but anyone still at the training school on that date would not be driving in service yet

Right...

So is that you suggesting I'm making things up? That's kinda insulting that you'd sit down and work things out.

18th May would have been either Phase 4/5 or DD. Currently buddy driving.

Edit: it might have been NX assessment actually, one of the driving tasks after Mod 4 anyway.

Tony

Quote from: MW on May 29, 2015, 03:19:40 PM

Right...

So is that you suggesting I'm making things up? That's kinda insulting that you'd sit down and work things out.

18th May would have been either Phase 4/5 or DD. Currently buddy driving.

Edit: it might have been NX assessment actually, one of the driving tasks after Mod 4 anyway.

You see I am not the only one from NX that reads this forum and there isn't a Michael arrived at AG for several weeks, neither of the two people currently buddy driving at AG had the instructor in that photo, and phase 5 to buddy driving normally tales longer than that at AG

MW

Quote from: Tony on May 29, 2015, 03:29:34 PM
You see I am not the only one from NX that reads this forum and there isn't a Michael arrived at AG for several weeks, neither of the two people currently buddy driving at AG had the instructor in that photo, and phase 5 to buddy driving normally tales longer than that at AG

Lol I have no idea on where this has come from Tony...

Tony

Quote from: MW on May 29, 2015, 03:32:00 PM
Lol I have no idea on where this has come from Tony...

OK Then PM me your roll number, or tell me your garage based instructor's name

MW

Quote from: Tony on May 29, 2015, 03:33:13 PM
OK Then PM me your roll number, or tell me your garage based instructor's name

I'm not obliged into sending you my roll number or garage based instructor, I'm not here to prove myself to you Tony and neither are you here to detect who's an employee on your forum and who isn't.

I understand ether I damaged your ego by posting something relating to the Crimson livery in another thread, to which I accept you deleted, probably due to being commercially sensitive, to which wasn't my intention but bloooooody hell relax mate.

the trainbasher

Quote from: MW on May 29, 2015, 03:40:28 PM
I'm not obliged into sending you my roll number or garage based instructor, I'm not here to prove myself to you Tony and neither are you here to detect who's an employee on your forum and who isn't.

I understand ether I damaged your ego by posting something relating to the Crimson livery in another thread, to which I accept you deleted, probably due to being commercially sensitive, to which wasn't my intention but bloooooody hell relax mate.

Doesn't that come under DPA anyway as you could be identified by your roll number, especially as IIRC DPA prohibits people who don't need to know knowing.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

MW

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 29, 2015, 03:42:42 PM
Doesn't that come under DPA anyway?

Yep it does, and it also does that he's eliminate any Michael starting at AG in the last few weeks. All against DPA.

Tony

Quote from: MW on May 29, 2015, 03:44:21 PM
Yep it does, and it also does that he's eliminate any Michael starting at AG in the last few weeks. All against DPA.

Wrong, because neither myself or anyone else has checked any personal records.

As a new employee there's certain things management don't like being posted on public forums or social media. All I have done is ask someone at AG to advise new driver Michael on the general rules. Only trouble is they can't find him to advise him

MW

Quote from: Tony on May 29, 2015, 04:38:32 PM
Wrong, because neither myself or anyone else has checked any personal records.

As a new employee there's certain things management don't like being posted on public forums or social media. All I have done is ask someone at AG to advise new driver Michael on the general rules. Only trouble is they can't find him to advise him

Right, in fairness I wasn't aware of those rules, I'll stick to them now. Why didn't you just PM me and tell me?

Last few posts I'm reading sounds heavy, any way I,ll post a bus review.

4745 A BEAST OF A BUS

I had this bus for nearly five hours and what a bus this, the engine has got some serious power flies uphill makes seriously short work of them, grinning ear to ear. Really beginning to appreciate cummins diesel engined buses again last type for me was the Lynx , It cruises along effortlessly, retarder on this is excellently balanced with smooth brakes. Gearbox excellent too no jerking or jolting of any kind. Cab seemed liked it had been given a once over with a new steering wheel,nice I thought, not very much rattling either until your going over very rough roads.
Suspension too firm for my liking,usual shortcomings.

Engine - excellent
Gearbox - excellent
Retarder - excellent
Brakes - excellent
Suspension - I,m no fan of it real shame
Steering - good for the most part can become a little heavy at times

Overall the drive train makes this bus, it's just that bit better in all areas than the other trident2,s I,ve driven,  9/10

Liberator9

@2900

4745 was always a great one when I rode it at YW - must say the 2007/8 batch of E400s are far better than the later ones and seems YW certainly do look after their vehicles.

Ronnoc

Quote from: 2900 on May 30, 2015, 10:13:24 AM
Last few posts I'm reading sounds heavy, any way I,ll post a bus review.

4745 A BEAST OF A BUS

I had this bus for nearly five hours and what a bus this, the engine has got some serious power flies uphill makes seriously short work of them, grinning ear to ear. Really beginning to appreciate cummins diesel engined buses again last type for me was the Lynx , It cruises along effortlessly, retarder on this is excellently balanced with smooth brakes. Gearbox excellent too no jerking or jolting of any kind. Cab seemed liked it had been given a once over with a new steering wheel,nice I thought, not very much rattling either until your going over very rough roads.
Suspension too firm for my liking,usual shortcomings.

Engine - excellent
Gearbox - excellent
Retarder - excellent
Brakes - excellent
Suspension - I,m no fan of it real shame
Steering - good for the most part can become a little heavy at times

Overall the drive train makes this bus, it's just that bit better in all areas than the other trident2,s I,ve driven,  9/10
If 4740 does come to WB then you would hate it, so much rattling and vibration, less power and the engine sounds like those Metrobus'.

Liberator9

4740 will go to WB - just gone straight to paint from YW. 4740 was fine - bit rattly at the front in particular, but never found it lacking in power from a passenger's perspective.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk