News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: 2900 on May 29, 2015, 09:28:19 AM
Mw, between March till early September best time of year to be a bus driver not so mental so make the most of it,  come September to January it just goes nuts that's been my experience over the years.
Quote from: BU07 LGO on May 29, 2015, 11:55:23 AM
oh great! I onl;y started march!

Wait until the week before Christmas!

It is a nice relief this week with Half Term, services nowhere as busy as usual. Makes a nice change to finish on time with the early shifts

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 29, 2015, 09:37:59 AM
I hope mw enjoys bus racing, as he's going to find lots on the outer circle

I have to know, whats bus racing !

And also since this is a thread were drivers are on (I'm not 1 sadly) may I ask how do you drivers drive ?! I mean do you drive slow or fast.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

MW

Quote from: John on May 29, 2015, 02:22:19 PM
Wait until the week before Christmas!

It is a nice relief this week with Half Term, service nowhere as busy as usual. Makes a nice change to finish on time with the early shifts

I thought today was dead on the 37, upper deck has at most 6 passengers on both boards!

Liberator9

@MW

Hope the driving goes well for you - good to hear you had two Geminis - love having the upper deck so empty at the moment on the daytime 37s!

MW

Quote from: Liberator9 on May 29, 2015, 02:26:47 PM
@MW

Hope the driving goes well for you - good to hear you had two Geminis - love having the upper deck so empty at the moment on the daytime 37s!

I'm actually looking forward to next week. School back on & afternoon peak on the 31. That'll be interesting!

Liberator9

Should be fun - the 11 always turns interesting during the school times if you drive that!

Liberator9

Nice - think the two routes that I'd be awful at trying to learn the 966 and 72 - just so many turns on them!

John

Quote from: MW on May 29, 2015, 02:34:03 PM
Yeah the 11 is the rota I'm on. I'm just getting some other routes learned and signed off at the moment.

Have you gone straight onto a rota then @MW ?

Quote from: Liberator9 on May 29, 2015, 02:35:11 PM
Nice - think the two routes that I'd be awful at trying to learn the 966 and 72 - just so many turns on them!

I thought that about some of our routes when I was learning them (The 101 is the one I remember for this, haven't been on there for the best part of 6 months, but I can still remember it in my head) but you soon pick them up and remember them

BU07 LGO

I want to learn some more routes, getting bored of the same ones! Mainly do 934/5/6 but do 51,x51 and 997 too

MW

Quote from: John on May 29, 2015, 02:35:36 PM
Have you gone straight onto a rota then @MW ?
I thought that about some of our routes but you soon pick them up and remember them

@John yeah, well I'm not technically on it until I've signed off the other routes I'm doing (5/31/37), so presumably late next week I'll be on the rota. I did PM you once or twice, not sure if you received it.

@Liberator9 yeah I could have gone on the Moseley rota (1/71/72) but when I found out the relief points are in Solihull, I thought forget that. Lol, I don't like the 71, 72, 966 anyway so it suits me.

John

Quote from: MW on May 29, 2015, 02:40:27 PM
@John yeah, well I'm not technically on it until I've signed off the other routes I'm doing (5/31/37), so presumably late next week I'll be on the rota. I did PM you once or twice, not sure if you received it.

Yes I did receive your messages, sorry. How are you finding the job anyway? Are you learning all of AGs routes?

MW

Quote from: John on May 29, 2015, 02:44:38 PM
Yes I did receive your messages, sorry. How are you finding the job anyway? Are you learning all of AGs routes?

They just teach you your rota, if you're a quick learner they'll encourage you to learn some more to vary your work and overtime etc. i think you can learn later on but it's difficult to get buddied up.

GeminiFan1991

I must admit I'm learning well from you drivers discussing the routes and rotas ! I hope if I get a job there, it goes well for me
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Liberator9

@John

Yeah - I'd find it quite daunting at first to try and remember it all!  ;) But as you say once you've practised the route a few times becomes something you can easily remember.

Tony

Quote from: MW on May 29, 2015, 02:48:04 PM
They just teach you your rota, if you're a quick learner they'll encourage you to learn some more to vary your work and overtime etc. i think you can learn later on but it's difficult to get buddied up.

When's your training review Michael?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk