News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: 2900 on May 29, 2015, 09:28:19 AM
Mw, between March till early September best time of year to be a bus driver not so mental so make the most of it,  come September to January it just goes nuts that's been my experience over the years.
Quote from: BU07 LGO on May 29, 2015, 11:55:23 AM
oh great! I onl;y started march!

Wait until the week before Christmas!

It is a nice relief this week with Half Term, services nowhere as busy as usual. Makes a nice change to finish on time with the early shifts

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 29, 2015, 09:37:59 AM
I hope mw enjoys bus racing, as he's going to find lots on the outer circle

I have to know, whats bus racing !

And also since this is a thread were drivers are on (I'm not 1 sadly) may I ask how do you drivers drive ?! I mean do you drive slow or fast.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

MW

Quote from: John on May 29, 2015, 02:22:19 PM
Wait until the week before Christmas!

It is a nice relief this week with Half Term, service nowhere as busy as usual. Makes a nice change to finish on time with the early shifts

I thought today was dead on the 37, upper deck has at most 6 passengers on both boards!

Liberator9

@MW

Hope the driving goes well for you - good to hear you had two Geminis - love having the upper deck so empty at the moment on the daytime 37s!

MW

Quote from: Liberator9 on May 29, 2015, 02:26:47 PM
@MW

Hope the driving goes well for you - good to hear you had two Geminis - love having the upper deck so empty at the moment on the daytime 37s!

I'm actually looking forward to next week. School back on & afternoon peak on the 31. That'll be interesting!

Liberator9

Should be fun - the 11 always turns interesting during the school times if you drive that!

Liberator9

Nice - think the two routes that I'd be awful at trying to learn the 966 and 72 - just so many turns on them!

John

Quote from: MW on May 29, 2015, 02:34:03 PM
Yeah the 11 is the rota I'm on. I'm just getting some other routes learned and signed off at the moment.

Have you gone straight onto a rota then @MW ?

Quote from: Liberator9 on May 29, 2015, 02:35:11 PM
Nice - think the two routes that I'd be awful at trying to learn the 966 and 72 - just so many turns on them!

I thought that about some of our routes when I was learning them (The 101 is the one I remember for this, haven't been on there for the best part of 6 months, but I can still remember it in my head) but you soon pick them up and remember them

BU07 LGO

I want to learn some more routes, getting bored of the same ones! Mainly do 934/5/6 but do 51,x51 and 997 too

MW

Quote from: John on May 29, 2015, 02:35:36 PM
Have you gone straight onto a rota then @MW ?
I thought that about some of our routes but you soon pick them up and remember them

@John yeah, well I'm not technically on it until I've signed off the other routes I'm doing (5/31/37), so presumably late next week I'll be on the rota. I did PM you once or twice, not sure if you received it.

@Liberator9 yeah I could have gone on the Moseley rota (1/71/72) but when I found out the relief points are in Solihull, I thought forget that. Lol, I don't like the 71, 72, 966 anyway so it suits me.

John

Quote from: MW on May 29, 2015, 02:40:27 PM
@John yeah, well I'm not technically on it until I've signed off the other routes I'm doing (5/31/37), so presumably late next week I'll be on the rota. I did PM you once or twice, not sure if you received it.

Yes I did receive your messages, sorry. How are you finding the job anyway? Are you learning all of AGs routes?

MW

Quote from: John on May 29, 2015, 02:44:38 PM
Yes I did receive your messages, sorry. How are you finding the job anyway? Are you learning all of AGs routes?

They just teach you your rota, if you're a quick learner they'll encourage you to learn some more to vary your work and overtime etc. i think you can learn later on but it's difficult to get buddied up.

GeminiFan1991

I must admit I'm learning well from you drivers discussing the routes and rotas ! I hope if I get a job there, it goes well for me
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Liberator9

@John

Yeah - I'd find it quite daunting at first to try and remember it all!  ;) But as you say once you've practised the route a few times becomes something you can easily remember.

Tony

Quote from: MW on May 29, 2015, 02:48:04 PM
They just teach you your rota, if you're a quick learner they'll encourage you to learn some more to vary your work and overtime etc. i think you can learn later on but it's difficult to get buddied up.

When's your training review Michael?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk