News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Avin a larf

Started by windy miller, April 27, 2012, 11:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

windy miller

News of the death of actor Terry Jones recently came as a surprise and his
      multi aspect comedy genius will be sadly missed by so many people.
     a friendly easy going guy, and a one time privileged acquaintance as a fellow 
    (Real Ale) Enthusiast c 1980 Terry would enjoy a good drink and a wind-up. 
    During his early years at Oxford he once rang a well known college in Cambridge
     on Christmas Day! .."hello"....he said... "Is that Jesus?. 'Yes' said the guy.. at
    which point he  began to sing.."Happy Birthday to you...happy Birthday to..etc :)
       A true Comic Messiah? or just a very naughty boy?               RIP
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

richardjones210368

Quote from: windy miller on January 26, 2020, 02:40:36 AM
News of the death of actor Terry Jones recently came as a surprise and his
      multi aspect comedy genius will be sadly missed by so many people.
     a friendly easy going guy, and a one time privileged acquaintance as a fellow 
    (Real Ale) Enthusiast c 1980 Terry would enjoy a good drink and a wind-up. 
    During his early years at Oxford he once rang a well known college in Cambridge
     on Christmas Day! .."hello"....he said... "Is that Jesus?. 'Yes' said the guy.. at
    which point he  began to sing.."Happy Birthday to you...happy Birthday to..etc :)
       A true Comic Messiah? or just a very naughty boy?               RIP
But What About The Spanish Inquisition? Nobody Expected That!

windy miller

Mebbe thees reet.....Trouble a't Mill I shouldn't wonder.... :)

windy miller

I have sent several pics to Tony in recent times in the hope of being shown in
   the Gallery but with no success.
   If you have a pic suitable for inclusion you can send it to the following address..
     Tony H¹ at VISION ON C/o BBC TV WOOD LANE LONDON W 12.
            closing date for entries is 14/6/76   So best get a wiggle on .     ;)
                     Good luck

H¹ Hart

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

karl724223

Tony

Quote from: windy miller on January 30, 2020, 02:10:08 AM
   I have sent several pics to Tony in recent times in the hope of being shown in
   the Gallery but with no success.
   If you have a pic suitable for inclusion you can send it to the following address..
     Tony H¹ at VISION ON C/o BBC TV WOOD LANE LONDON W 12.
            closing date for entries is 14/6/76   So best get a wiggle on .     ;)
                     Good luck

H¹ Hart

Hi, Yes, sorry, I still have them all to put on, but currently have a backlog of over 8000 of my own from the last year.

Your are good, and trains I ahven't got, so will appear!¬

windy miller

Thank-you Tony :) I was just trying to discourage others from up-loading as I knew
    you had more than enough of your own already!.. I figured any potential David
   Baileys out there would stand a better chance of being featured on a 40yr old site
   than on the forum :)  NB.  All my previous contributions, (With the exception of
   STEAM IMAGES) are free for sale or publication at your discretion. The addition of a
    right-click disablement would be an advantage.  Keep up the good work...

windy miller

Quote from: karl724223 on January 31, 2020, 08:06:53 PM
halesowen blackheath or Bromley lane area I would say

Why halesowen?.. The wall on the left is clearly opposite the bull ring centre and
    the coach station is on the right ?????

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: windy miller on February 03, 2020, 02:35:05 AM
Why halesowen?.. The wall on the left is clearly opposite the bull ring centre and
    the coach station is on the right ?????

So I read on Twitter after I posted the video, it is "supposed" to be the 35 route.

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

windy miller

I was chatting to a young girl in Golders Green and I asked her what sort of guy
   she would normally go for?..she said Oh. " I just love Jewish Cowboys!...
   by the way..I didn't catch your name?.. I said  err.. Buckie Goldberg..
      Nice meeting you.......... ;)

windy miller

The old adage/lyric once penned by the late crooner Val Doonican.."♫ A grip
     just like a Scotsman on a £5 Note..♫ ♫ ect..Bore an element of truth last night...
      The grip my mate dougie had on his beer money ..I swear the Queens eyes
      were watering!!! :)

windy miller

.With so many millions of people in China the loss of a few hundred Virus patients
    shouldn't  be a big deal. A sort of 'Drop in the ocean'so to speak.. bit like MH 370..

Frankie Boyle  :o :o

windy miller

...I treated my Mrs to our usual Valentines Cinema night out on Friday and 
    went for a Big Mac on the way home..we collected our order and made our 
    way to a shared table. Immediately we could see that a sloppy dressed woman
    sitting opposite was demolishing a Burger the size of a cow on her right side
    and Breast feeding a 5 year old boy on the left!!..When my Mrs caught her eye
     she asked.." isn't your little boy too old for breast feeding??...The little boy
     turned to my Mrs and said.." Fuuuc koff...and went back on the nipple!! :o :o
      My Mrs wasn't pleased ...I said we'll stick to Popcorn next year!! >:( >:(

windy miller

Many tall stories were often passed on by US marines although some were believed to
   be factual. One such story involved a female non combatant officer who had
   always maintained that she would have no fear in killing a guy given the
    opportunity. After a viet guerrilla had been interrogated he was bound hand and
     foot ,gagged, and blindfolded ,and tied to an old wooden chair in a darkened   
   room the woman was given a revolver with two bullets and told to enter
     and shoot this guy twice. After several minutes two shots rang out followed by
    muffled cries and apparent smashing of wood. The woman emerged from the room
     and said "You didn't tell me the bullets were blanks!!...I had to beat him to death
      with the chair!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk