News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedric

Quote from: StourportSam on February 01, 2014, 12:19:45 AM
Interesting photo on the Whittle Facebook page - appears the ex Finglands coach has been repainted into a new Whittle Gold livery.
can not find  anything where it says  which vehicle its on or where it has come from. you heard any more  sam
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Quote from: bowler on February 01, 2014, 01:04:02 PM
Interesting photo on the Whittle Facebook page - appears the ex Finglands coach has been repainted into a new Whittle Gold livery.
can not find  anything where it says  which vehicle its on or where it has come from. you heard any more  sam

I guessed this was the case as 379 FC07 MCF has just been in the paint shop before transfer to Whittle.

Cedric

Quote from: StourportSam on February 02, 2014, 04:41:21 PM

I guessed this was the case as 379 FC07 MCF has just been in the paint shop before transfer to Whittle.
that's what  i thought as well but did not put it down in case it was not that one. the gold name reminds me of when whittles had a Kidderminster to London service run under the name gold-------  can not remember full name

diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Quote from: bowler on February 02, 2014, 04:52:36 PM
Quote from: StourportSam on February 02, 2014, 04:41:21 PM

that's what  i thought as well but did not put it down in case it was not that one. the gold name reminds me of when whittles had a Kidderminster to London service run under the name gold-------  can not remember full name

Another photo on Facebook, it is FC07 MCF. Looks good.

Cedric

Quote from: StourportSam on January 27, 2014, 12:11:27 AM
Quote from: bowler on January 26, 2014, 10:04:53 PM
11  RUI 2116  14 T638 XNP both are Whittles coaches . have been seen in EYMS hull depot . do not think they would have been  on
tour work as    one is from 1999 and one from 2000.  think the may be up there for sale as   a least one ex finglands coaches  have come down here

I always thought they looked really old compared to the rest of the coach fleet. Glad to see they have been replaced with more newer vehicles from Finglands.

according to EYMS enthusiast section of there site 11 and 14 are now sold
and ex finglands 379 is to become whittles  no24 with whittles   and
whittles161  which went to EYMS as it 161  is now delicened  so that is may be why it only had front end repainted
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Quote from: bowler on February 06, 2014, 07:54:52 PM
Quote from: StourportSam on January 27, 2014, 12:11:27 AM
Quote from: bowler on January 26, 2014, 10:04:53 PM
11  RUI 2116  14 T638 XNP both are Whittles coaches . have been seen in EYMS hull depot . do not think they would have been  on
tour work as    one is from 1999 and one from 2000.  think the may be up there for sale as   a least one ex finglands coaches  have come down here

I always thought they looked really old compared to the rest of the coach fleet. Glad to see they have been replaced with more newer vehicles from Finglands.

according to EYMS enthusiast section of there site 11 and 14 are now sold
and ex finglands 379 is to become whittles  no24 with whittles   and
whittles161  which went to EYMS as it 161  is now delicened  so that is may be why it only had front end repainted

That's a shame about 161. It was a nice bus and hadn't been with the company long. I suppose with the incoming vehicles from Finglands it was surplus to requirements.

StourportSam

379 FC07 has arrived and was running around Stourport today, seemingly on driver familiarisation.
It's big!

StourportSam

Quote from: StourportSam on January 15, 2014, 12:34:33 AM
Quote from: Will on January 14, 2014, 09:45:11 PM
I saw YX04 JVW today in Kidderminster but I noticed something peculiar about it that is the green grill panel on the front was just green it hasn't even got the "Whittles" sticker on it I know it might sound odd but maybe it's in the process of being completely de-stickered to be withdrawn maybe I don't know  does anybody know anything or the reasons?

Its been like this for a bit now. This is usually just when a new body part has been used and has not had the vinyl applied. This is quite common and might not mean anything.

170 YX04 JVW has now regained a yellow 'Whittle' logo on the front panel.

StourportSam

161 has been reinstated at Hull

iamwilljh92

309 - W409 JAT is still in Kidderminster it's been with Whittle's since July 2013 and I am convinced that it's staying with Whittle's and nothing will change that maybe I need to phone up Andy.

What I don't understand about Whittle's is they don't sell or withdraw any of there vehicles unlike Diamond..

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on February 14, 2014, 03:53:20 PM
309 - W409 JAT is still in Kidderminster it's been with Whittle's since July 2013 and I am convinced that it's staying with Whittle's and nothing will change that maybe I need to phone up Andy.

What I don't understand about Whittle's is they don't sell or withdraw any of there vehicles unlike Diamond..

It is listed as a loan everywhere. It would have been repainted by now if it was staying. Don't forget 418 stayed on loan for well over a year.

Is there any need to sell or withdraw the fleet? It works and runs the service and is all low floor etc.
Both 152 and 153 have been withdraw in the past year or so. 161 has been transferred.
Why would they sell any vehicles? They don't have any fleet capacity to do so and almost certainly don't have the capital to upgrade.
Diamond on the other hand have had a lot of clapped out rubbish that's step entrance non DDA and go knows what else to get rid of. As well as the MAN/MCV evolution saga!

Whittle is documented as being a loss making operation, so its understandable to maintain an existing fleet rather than spend vast amounts of money...

Cedric

Quote from: StourportSam on February 14, 2014, 11:58:10 PM
Quote from: Will on February 14, 2014, 03:53:20 PM

It is listed as a loan everywhere. It would have been repainted by now if it was staying. Don't forget 418 stayed on loan for well over a year.

Is there any need to sell or withdraw the fleet? It works and runs the service and is all low floor etc.
Both 152 and 153 have been withdraw in the past year or so. 161 has been transferred.
Why would they sell any vehicles? They don't have any fleet capacity to do so and almost certainly don't have the capital to upgrade.
Diamond on the other hand have had a lot of clapped out rubbish that's step entrance non DDA and go knows what else to get rid of. As well as the MAN/MCV evolution saga!

Whittle is documented as being a loss making operation, so its understandable to maintain an existing fleet rather than spend vast amounts of money...
they now have 171 , 172  which are  ex eyms  354,355 enviros  which are in whittles  colours . 
a link worth looking at http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/EYMS-close-Driffield-depot-seeks-protect-bus/story-20725549-detail/story.html
no it is not whittles  news but ,could the same affect happen here
diamond 8\10/125/292

iamwilljh92

Yes I noticed that on Facebook maybe they will decide to sell off Whittles and you can bet pound to a penny that Rotala would purchase it in my opinion they really would have they're fingers in the "Kidderminster pie" anyway although IF or even when it happens we'll have to wait and see...

bususer12

Quote from: Will on March 01, 2014, 11:12:02 AM
Yes I noticed that on Facebook maybe they will decide to sell off Whittles and you can bet pound to a penny that Rotala would purchase it in my opinion they really would have they're fingers in the "Kidderminster pie" anyway although IF or even when it happens we'll have to wait and see...

The OFT may have something to say about that.

Cedric

Quote from: bususer12 on March 01, 2014, 05:13:40 PM
Quote from: Will on March 01, 2014, 11:12:02 AM

The OFT may have something to say about that.
why whould they if  that did happen,   as it whould be a gap filled.  other than whittles 2a/2c /3  there is only one other Kidderminster route of whittles that  is not subsidesd  that is the 1  all the rest are on the list that wcc is looking at in there buget cuts
diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk