News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedric

Quote from: Martin on March 11, 2014, 03:46:14 PM
(309.) W309JAT has now got Whittle fleet name stickers on the front and rear window as I saw it doing route 3 today.
it's  had them on since at least last Monday
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

The last coach from the old whittles days javelin 12 has now been sold  along with 153 details in link
http://www.eyms.co.uk/content/enthusiasts/newsitem.aspx?id=1062
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

EYMS 309 could be staying after all as ex 314 to 317 of that batch are being transferred to whittles  they had been at finglands  for a while
fingland details in link
http://www.eyms.co.uk/content/enthusiasts/newsitem.aspx?id=1061
wonder if they will replace the w reg mpd   as there just same amount of vehicles   
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: bowler on March 17, 2014, 02:20:24 PM
EYMS 309 could be staying after all as ex 314 to 317 of that batch are being transferred to whittles  they had been at finglands  for a while
fingland details in link
wonder if they will replace the w reg mpd   as there just same amount of vehicles   

Do Whittle's have a need for more higher capacity single deckers? The bus fleet is already fully low floor isn't it?

Cedric

Quote from: Winston on March 17, 2014, 02:50:16 PM
fingland details in link

Do Whittle's have a need for more higher capacity single deckers? The bus fleet is already fully low floor isn't it?
suppose EYMS are just sharing out the Ex Finglands vehicles
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: bowler on March 17, 2014, 03:01:22 PM
fingland details in link

I'm sure they'll come in handy for some of the longer distance work & offer a better quality journey.

Cedric

Quote from: Winston on March 17, 2014, 03:04:48 PM
Quote from: bowler on March 17, 2014, 03:01:22 PM
fingland details in link

I'm sure they'll come in handy for some of the longer distance work & offer a better quality journey.
just looked at the whole list of vehicles going back to eyms these are the oldest single deck vehicles so perhaps that is why they arrived down  here.
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Good to see some good quality full size buses coming down here, but I wonder what they will replace seeing as the fleet seems fine as it is.
Y213 HWJ and Y214 HWJ seem a bit knackered though.

Unless there is a need for more buses at Kidderminster? More routes/work perhaps? Doubt it!

I see 173 has already gone through the paint shop.

winston

Quote from: StourportSam on March 18, 2014, 09:17:39 PM
Good to see some good quality full size buses coming down here, but I wonder what they will replace seeing as the fleet seems fine as it is.

Unless there is a need for more buses at Kidderminster? More routes/work perhaps? Doubt it!

I was thinking that they may use the B10BLE's to allow Darts to cascade on to other routes & allow the W-reg MPD's to be withdrawn.

Or could they be launching a new service in competition with Diamond?

Did someone say a while ago that Whittle's current depot was at capacity?

Cedric

Quote from: Winston on March 18, 2014, 09:21:56 PM
Quote from: StourportSam on March 18, 2014, 09:17:39 PM

I was thinking that they may use the B10BLE's to allow Darts to cascade on to other routes & allow the W-reg MPD's to be withdrawn.

Or could they be launching a new service in competition with Diamond?

Did someone say a while ago that Whittle's current depot was at capacity?

they may use the on the 3 which  would give them slightly bigger bus than diamond m I think (not 100% sure )
diamond 8\10/125/292

D10

I have regularly seen 125 journeys leaving Stourbridge full, particularly on Saturdays. I suspect it is a popular route now to take folks from the Black Country down to the Severn Valley for a day out.

So that may be a good place to upgrade the route from smaller vehicles.

winston

Quote from: D10 on March 19, 2014, 09:34:27 PM
I have regularly seen 125 journeys leaving Stourbridge full, particularly on Saturdays. I suspect it is a popular route now to take folks from the Black Country down to the Severn Valley for a day out.

So that may be a good place to upgrade the route from smaller vehicles.

I'm surprised Whittle's have not tried extending some/all 125 journeys to Merry Hill or even introduce a new variant of the 125 running Merry Hill - Kidderminster via Stourbridge at hourly intervals fitted to provide a half hourly combined service over common sections

Westy

I'll have to take a look at that 125 one day.

Mind you, from where I am, Bridgnorth is easier via Wolverhampton, unless I really fancy Bewdley for a day trip.

Last time I went that way a few years ago,  I went on the Svr!

Is that chippy still there by the side of the river?

StourportSam

Quote from: Westy on March 19, 2014, 10:38:12 PM
I'll have to take a look at that 125 one day.

Mind you, from where I am, Bridgnorth is easier via Wolverhampton, unless I really fancy Bewdley for a day trip.

Last time I went that way a few years ago,  I went on the Svr!

Is that chippy still there by the side of the river?

Go by SVR, its much more scenic! Or even 125 one way and SVR the other.

And yes, the Merchants is still next to the river bridge in Bewdley serving fish and chips as good as ever!

iamwilljh92

Just happened to do a vehicle enquiry on the DVLA website and it would appear that T638 XNP is no longer in Whittle ownership (see below) shame really as I liked these coaches the same also goes for RUI 2116

The enquiry is complete.
The vehicle details for T638 XNP and RUI 2116 are:

Date of Liability
03 02 2014 (for T638 XNP)
04 02 2014 (for RUI 2116)
Date of First Registration
17 05 1999 (T638 XNP)
01 01 2000 (RUI 2116)
Year of Manufacture
1999, 2000 (both)
Cylinder Capacity (cc) Not Available
CO₂ Emissions Not Available