News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamwilljh92

What's the score with W409 JAT does anybody know anything? I'm guessing that it's staying here in Kidderminster now that R409 FFC has gone to EYMS I reckon that a part-ex has taken place between both buses basically they've had that and we've had that (nice swap have to admit it) because as we know FFC is 16 this year and JAT will be 14 this year if it is staying what will happen will it be re-sprayed and re-stickered or will they just peel off the EYMS stickers off and replace with Whittle branding (how odd would that look!)..

Cedric

Quote from: Will on January 18, 2014, 11:59:24 PM
What's the score with W409 JAT does anybody know anything? I'm guessing that it's staying here in Kidderminster now that R409 FFC has gone to EYMS I reckon that a part-ex has taken place between both buses basically they've had that and we've had that (nice swap have to admit it) because as we know FFC is 16 this year and JAT will be 14 this year if it is staying what will happen will it be re-sprayed and re-stickered or will they just peel off the EYMS stickers off and replace with Whittle branding (how odd would that look!)..
it came down as a loan  and still think that's all it will be
diamond 8\10/125/292

iamwilljh92

Nope I reckon it's staying put..

Cedric

Quote from: Will on January 19, 2014, 12:15:40 PM
Nope I reckon it's staying put..
still official listed as a long term loan like 418 was  here for  well over a year   with east Yorkshire markings on  think some ex  finglands vehicles my come down.  depending on what happens
from the WCC subsideds bus services review as consultaion has now finished , and there are a far few of whittles services on the list. we will have to wait till septmember to see what happens has
that is when any changes come in to force.
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

I would say W409 JAT is deintitely a loan only. Most Whittle buses have received stickers by the cab inside detailing fares, CCTV, etc. 309 has also received these, but with the East Yorkshire logo on as opposed to Whittle. This suggests to me that it will leave eventually.
Its hardly a part exchange - they're the same company!

The fact that only the front of R409 FFC has been repainted into EYMS colours suggests one of two things. Either it will soon be withdrawn or will be transferred back to Whittle at some point.

StourportSam

Both 171 YX57 BXB and 172 YX57 BXC are now in regular service with Whittle. W409 JAT is still here and mainly used as spare at Kidderminster and on the 192 or 3.

OH25

Quote from: StourportSam on January 24, 2014, 12:19:53 AM
Both 171 YX57 BXB and 172 YX57 BXC are now in regular service with Whittle. W409 JAT is still here and mainly used as spare at Kidderminster and on the 192 or 3.
172 was on the 192 today

nitromatt1

Quote from: OH25 on January 24, 2014, 09:39:33 PM
Quote from: StourportSam on January 24, 2014, 12:19:53 AM
172 was on the 192 today

I must say, that livery looks superb on an Enviro!

iamwilljh92

What I'm about to say is slightly off topic but go with me on it I was thinking the other day and I can't help but imagine that by August (as a rough guess) EYMS will no longer own Whittle Coach & Bus Ltd. What makes me think & say  this I hear you say well think about it people on here last November were saying that they are struggling to compete with Diamond (although that was to be expected) and also they are running services everyday that people aren't using (i.e. Not many people on a bus at any one time) for example the (101, Bridgnorth Town Circular; aka Sydney Cottage Drive and the Grove Estate), the 580 being another, 7 (et al) my grandmother who lives in Bridgnorth uses the 101 on occasions and she herself has said that on some occasions she could be the only person on it it baffles me how EYMS have kept Whittle's going for this long and also as was noted on here last year it [Whittle's] can't make a great deal of money for EYMS as if it had I am absolutely sure Whittle's would of invested in probably half-a-dozen or so brand spanking new Single deckers (similar to the one's Diamond purchased for use in Redditch in Sep/Oct last year) where as Diamond will sell off old-ish fleet Whittle won't sell any at all now to me it doesn't make sense because the 56-plated Enviros if they sold 2 of those they could probably make around £130/40,000 (if sold for between £65-70k each) they coud probably buy 2 Wright Streetlites (around 3/4 years old) for the amount of each of the Enviro's sold but anyway it may not happen but who knows...

D10

Bear in mind though that the the 7, 101 and 580 and numerous other services are all tendered. Therefore it doesn't really matter how much Whittles are taking in fares as they are getting paid by the relevant local authority to run the service. As long as they put in the right price, they can still make a profit.

winston

Quote from: Will on January 25, 2014, 03:46:04 AM
What I'm about to say is slightly off topic but go with me on it I was thinking the other day and I can't help but imagine that by August (as a rough guess) EYMS will no longer own Whittle Coach & Bus Ltd. What makes me think & say  this I hear you say well think about it people on here last November were saying that they are struggling to compete with Diamond (although that was to be expected) and also they are running services everyday that people aren't using (i.e. Not many people on a bus at any one time) for example the (101, Bridgnorth Town Circular; aka Sydney Cottage Drive and the Grove Estate), the 580 being another, 7 (et al) my grandmother who lives in Bridgnorth uses the 101 on occasions and she herself has said that on some occasions she could be the only person on it it baffles me how EYMS have kept Whittle's going for this long and also as was noted on here last year it [Whittle's] can't make a great deal of money for EYMS as if it had I am absolutely sure Whittle's would of invested in probably half-a-dozen or so brand spanking new Single deckers (similar to the one's Diamond purchased for use in Redditch in Sep/Oct last year) where as Diamond will sell off old-ish fleet Whittle won't sell any at all now to me it doesn't make sense because the 56-plated Enviros if they sold 2 of those they could probably make around £130/40,000 (if sold for between £65-70k each) they coud probably buy 2 Wright Streetlites (around 3/4 years old) for the amount of each of the Enviro's sold but anyway it may not happen but who knows...

Whittle's are currently making operating losses and the losses have increased from 31/12/2011 to 31/12/2012 which are the most recent figures, both the bus & coach businesses underperformed due to management issues (whatever they maybe) & increased costs. But I don't think those figures reflected a full years contribution from the NX contracts only part, The size of the losses aren't significant enough that they couldn't be turned around with cost cutting & better use of resources etc

EYMS is profitable, but even they only make profit margins of under 3%

For me it was always a bit of a surprise when EYMS bought Whittles in the first place, but whether EYMS retrench back to East Yorkshire remains to be seen. EYMS Group themselves could always sell out in the future to a larger group?

Cedric

11  RUI 2116  14 T638 XNP both are Whittles coaches . have been seen in EYMS hull depot . do not think they would have been  on
tour work as    one is from 1999 and one from 2000.  think the may be up there for sale as   a least one ex finglands coaches  have come down here
diamond 8\10/125/292

iamwilljh92

Cedric

Quote from: D10 on January 25, 2014, 01:22:36 PM
Bear in mind though that the the 7, 101 and 580 and numerous other services are all tendered. Therefore it doesn't really matter how much Whittles are taking in fares as they are getting paid by the relevant local authority to run the service. As long as they put in the right price, they can still make a profit.
the 7 always has had good loads on when I have  seen it
diamond 8\10/125/292

iamwilljh92

Oh never well in that case I guess we can assume that they have been withdrawn from Whittle's & "retired" sadtimes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk