News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StourportSam

Quote from: Winston on December 13, 2013, 11:59:29 PM
Quote from: StourportSam on December 13, 2013, 11:49:59 PM
161 R409 FFC has been transferred up to EYMS.

Surprised EYMS are taking on such an old Dart SLF

I know!

Cedric

Quote from: Winston on December 13, 2013, 11:59:29 PM

Surprised EYMS are taking on such an old Dart SLF
[/quote
not sure in this case but sometimes  they do get sent up  there for  heavy  maintiance, and  when they are for sale  . I know of one that went up there  and now it is being used by a operator in Birmingham  think it was dart with reg w 477 uag   
diamond 8\10/125/292

PM

Glad it has though but surprising as you say, maybe it is for use as a trainer?

iamwilljh92

Could somebody please remove (161, R409 FFC) off the fleetlist on here and replace it with (172, YX57 BXC), saw it parked up at Tesco bus station in Kiddy on Monday

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on December 18, 2013, 06:34:10 PM
Could somebody please remove (161, R409 FFC) off the fleetlist on here and replace it with (172, YX57 BXC), saw it parked up at Tesco bus station in Kiddy on Monday

In actual fact, 418 and 161 have gone up to EYMS. 171 and 172 have come down here. 309 is still down here.

John

Just found this pic of it
http://www.flickr.com/photos/eybusman/11293512564/

Does look comical  :)

iamwilljh92

Haha that is awesome all though why on earth have they only sprayed the front part?

Cedric

Quote from: Will on December 20, 2013, 11:28:40 PM
Haha that is awesome all though why on earth have they only sprayed the front part?
wonder why that is not done when vehicles come down from EYMS to whittles, wonder if back is sprayed as well.
supprised   they did not have 309 back instead
diamond 8\10/125/292

Tony

If you read the article on EYMS in this weeks CBW you will see they state Whittles is loss making, although they intend perservering with it, so don't expect any major investments in the near future

Cedric

Quote from: Tony on December 21, 2013, 08:35:43 AM
If you read the article on EYMS in this weeks CBW you will see they state Whittles is loss making, although they intend perservering with it, so don't expect any major investments in the near future
can not read article as it will not let me as I do not subcribe
diamond 8\10/125/292

PM

Quote from: bewminster on December 21, 2013, 10:11:00 AM

You can buy it in whsmith's if you arent a subscriber. I am not surprised it is a loss maker but I am surprised they intend to persevere with it. Though tbf didnt go ahead say it would persevere with diamond weeks before rotala bought it?

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 21, 2013, 11:10:22 AM
Quote from: bewminster on December 21, 2013, 10:11:00 AM

You can buy it in whsmith's if you arent a subscriber. I am not surprised it is a loss maker but I am surprised they intend to persevere with it. Though tbf didnt go ahead say it would persevere with diamond weeks before rotala bought it?

It largely depends on the size of the loss, it may be that it could be turned profitable following some major investment?

bwsau cymru

Can see diamond and arriva taking over some of whittles stuff if they go, wonder what would happen with the nx coach work??
campaigning for better transport for all

winston

Quote from: dannygill on December 21, 2013, 05:44:17 PM
Can see diamond and arriva taking over some of whittles stuff if they go, wonder what would happen with the nx coach work??

DeCourcey again I would have thought, then the former Veolia Birmingham operations would be back to one operator again.

If EYMS are unhappy with the financial performance of Whittle's, I'd have thought a sale would be more likely

iamwilljh92

I'm completely in favour of takeover (if EYMS sell Whittle's) of course but on a serious note mark my words by April/May 2014 - EYMS will no longer own Whittle's just wait and see and I bet I'm right

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk