News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedric

Quote from: Winston on November 29, 2013, 12:07:56 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on November 29, 2013, 11:56:14 AM
Quote from: bewminster on November 29, 2013, 11:50:08 AM
wonder if this might  improve things next year only 7/192/580 routes  not affected  not counting schools 

PD1030553/62
WHITTLE COACH & BUS LTD, FOLEY BUSINESS PARK STOURPORT ROAD KIDDERMINSTER DY11 7QL
Operating between kidiminster town hall and kidiminster town hall given service number 1 effective from 06-Jan-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.
PD1030553/83
WHITTLE COACH & BUS LTD, FOLEY BUSINESS PARK STOURPORT ROAD KIDDERMINSTER DY11 7QL
Operating between Kidderminster and Bewdley given service number 2A/2C effective from 06-Jan-2014. To amend Timetable.
PD1030553/84
Operating between Kidderminster Bus Station and Areley Kings given service number 3 effective from 06-Jan-2014. To amend Timetable.
PD1030553/78
Operating between KIDDERMINSTER BUS STATION and BEWDLEY LOAD STREET given service number S15/15 effective from 06-Jan-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.
PD1030553/80
Operating between BRIDGNORTH GROVE ESTATE and BRIDGNORTH SYDNEY COTTAGE DRIVE given service number 101 effective from 06-Jan-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.
PD1030553/7
Operating between Stourbridge and Bridgnorth, Stanmore given service number 125 effective from 06-Jan-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.
Section

Very interesting that routes are being amended as well-wonder if diamond have similar route changes planned...

Don't see how Diamond can do if they're only sitting down today to discuss the results of the network review
theres only the 2a/2c/3 that they both run on
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: bewminster on November 28, 2013, 10:19:05 PM
Quote from: Winston on November 28, 2013, 10:12:35 PM
Quote from: bewminster on November 28, 2013, 10:07:58 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on November 28, 2013, 09:48:42 PM
Quote from: bewminster on November 28, 2013, 09:43:30 PM
Quote from: Winston on November 28, 2013, 09:33:54 PM
Quote from: bewminster on November 28, 2013, 09:28:47 PM
Quote from: StourportSam on November 28, 2013, 09:07:57 PM
Spoke to a Whittle driver today.
It is not sickness, it is not the 2A.
The company are short of both buses and drivers, and when there are too few to run an entire service the 3 is taken off and just not run, as has been the case for most of this week.
Very poor if you ask me.

Apparently the management just don't care.
interesting  ?   

I wonder if Whittle's could be the next EYMS disposal?
Winston    whittles have just brought out there 2014 holiday tours  book  and this year there are a few where you change to a eyms coach ,  so seams unlikely from that .  but  who knows what 2014  will bring to the bus  side

Unless they sell off the bus side to say NX, Arriva or Stagecoach and then run the coach side of Whittles as EYMS?
we only know  about the midlands ,  we do not know whats happing in Yorkshire, except they have sold there Manchester operations , which  is the only thing that is know in the public domain  .

I don't think anything is happening in East Yorkshire, I suspect EYMS have just decided to pull out of Manchester as Finglands was loss making, First Group on paid £50k for the business (which obviously excluded vehicles etc)
Winston
I do not think   there is either,   

The other thing if management have lost interest, could be that they are not getting the resources the want from EYMS and the sale of Finglands sale has cast doubt over Whittle's future under EYMS?

StourportSam

Quote from: Winston on November 29, 2013, 12:49:23 PM
The company are short of both buses and drivers, and when there are too few to run an entire service the 3 is taken off and just not run, as has been the case for most of this week.
Very poor if you ask me.

interesting  ?   

Winston    whittles have just brought out there 2014 holiday tours  book  and this year there are a few where you change to a eyms coach ,  so seams unlikely from that .  but  who knows what 2014  will bring to the bus  side

Unless they sell off the bus side to say NX, Arriva or Stagecoach and then run the coach side of Whittles as EYMS?
we only know  about the midlands ,  we do not know whats happing in Yorkshire, except they have sold there Manchester operations , which  is the only thing that is know in the public domain  .

I don't think anything is happening in East Yorkshire, I suspect EYMS have just decided to pull out of Manchester as Finglands was loss making, First Group on paid £50k for the business (which obviously excluded vehicles etc)
Winston

The other thing if management have lost interest, could be that they are not getting the resources the want from EYMS and the sale of Finglands sale has cast doubt over Whittle's future under EYMS?

Apparently the son of whoever owns EYMS has been put in charge of Whittle.
That means one of two things into me, either he has been installed to run it into the ground for a quick cheap sale or he has been put in to turn it around and improve the business. I'm inclined to say it is the first

Route and timetable changes look concerning. I would guess they are reductions in service.

winston

Quote from: StourportSam on November 30, 2013, 01:02:43 AM
Quote from: Winston on November 29, 2013, 12:49:23 PM
Very poor if you ask me.

interesting  ?   

Winston

Apparently the son of whoever owns EYMS has been put in charge of Whittle.
That means one of two things into me, either he has been installed to run it into the ground for a quick cheap sale or he has been put in to turn it around and improve the business. I'm inclined to say it is the first

Route and timetable changes look concerning. I would guess they are reductions in service.

But why would you run the business in to the ground if you were intending to sell it? Surely if they were looking to sell it, the better shape the business is in, the higher the asking/sale price!

Whittle's fleet could benefit from more newer cascades once the the sale of Finglands goes through, which was suggested to be early Decemeber, can't see why it wouldn't go through on competition concerns

PM

I would have to agree with Sam here-reducing service levels to cut losses and let's face it, the whittle's fleet hasn't seen much investment recently. And much of finglands fleet is deckers and e300s which I doubt eyms would want to put into kidderminster

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 30, 2013, 01:32:21 AM
I would have to agree with Sam here-reducing service levels to cut losses and let's face it, the whittle's fleet hasn't seen much investment recently. And much of finglands fleet is deckers and e300s which I doubt eyms would want to put into kidderminster

E300's are non-standard at EYMS, so why not cascade them to Whittle's? They would fit in with E200's already there. The Finglands deckers moving back to EYMS could result in single deck cascades to Whittle's rather than the actual deckers moving

PM

Quote from: Winston on November 30, 2013, 01:50:53 AM

E300's are non-standard at EYMS, so why not cascade them to Whittle's? They would fit in with E200's already there. The Finglands deckers moving back to EYMS could result in single deck cascades to Whittle's rather than the actual deckers moving

Do any of whittles routes need such expensive, large buses on them though? I agree they would fit in with the existing fleet. And I would think the deckers would replace the step entry olympians they still have in service first, as opposed to cascading single deckers

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 30, 2013, 01:53:35 AM

Do any of whittles routes need such expensive, large buses on them though? I agree they would fit in with the existing fleet. And I would think the deckers would replace the step entry olympians they still have in service first, as opposed to cascading single deckers

They're 56 plate & 7 years old+, so can't imagine that they'd be that much more expensive than a similar aged E200. EYMS have already stated that they're not intending to buy any new Euro 6 next year, instead they're buying ex London to replace step entry deckers. The first is ex Transdev London SK52--- B7TL/ALX400

PM

Quote from: Winston on November 30, 2013, 02:01:26 AM
Quote from: DiamondDart on November 30, 2013, 01:53:35 AM

They're 56 plate & 7 years old+, so can't imagine that they'd be that much more expensive than a similar aged E200. EYMS have already stated that they're not intending to buy any new Euro 6 next year, instead they're buying ex London to replace step entry deckers. The first is ex Transdev London SK52--- B7TL/ALX400

Can't really say I blame them-there's some good secondhand stuff out there if you're not picky.

Cedric

EYMS 354 is now with whittles as there 171 
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Quote from: bewminster on December 04, 2013, 09:53:55 AM

Have you seen it?

Cedric

Quote from: StourportSam on December 04, 2013, 12:31:38 PM
Quote from: bewminster on December 04, 2013, 09:53:55 AM

Have you seen it?