News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: Will on December 21, 2013, 07:49:12 PM
I'm completely in favour of takeover (if EYMS sell Whittle's) of course but on a serious note mark my words by April/May 2014 - EYMS will no longer own Whittle's just wait and see and I bet I'm right

It does seem likely if the turnaround plan is unsuccessful which I would have thought it would be if they are unprepared to throw resources at it. Shame as I like whittles which is a longstanding traditional company with a lot tobe proud about. Maybe the coach side is more profitable though?

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 21, 2013, 08:05:49 PM
I'm completely in favour of takeover (if EYMS sell Whittle's) of course but on a serious note mark my words by April/May 2014 - EYMS will no longer own Whittle's just wait and see and I bet I'm right

It does seem likely if the turnaround plan is unsuccessful which I would have thought it would be if they are unprepared to throw resources at it. Shame as I like whittles which is a longstanding traditional company with a lot tobe proud about. Maybe the coach side is more profitable though?

What's the significance of April/May 2014?

iamwilljh92

Well it isn't significant it's just obviously that will be half way through the year so maybe thats when they will decide to sell up.

the trainbasher

I think NXWM will buy them (just because its a logical move to me)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 21, 2013, 09:47:56 PM

I'm not so sure on that, if NXWM were seriously interested in expanding in those areas, they would have been far better buying RH & KR operations from First Group

Ex BC driver

Quote from: Winston on December 21, 2013, 07:05:10 PM
Quote from: dannygill on December 21, 2013, 05:44:17 PM
Can see diamond and arriva taking over some of whittles stuff if they go, wonder what would happen with the nx coach work??

DeCourcey again I would have thought, then the former Veolia Birmingham operations would be back to one operator again.

If EYMS are unhappy with the financial performance of Whittle's, I'd have thought a sale would be more likely

The 19:00 410 service off London to Walsall has not ran several times over the past few weeks

winston

Quote from: Ex BC driver on December 21, 2013, 10:29:24 PM
Quote from: Winston on December 21, 2013, 07:05:10 PM
Can see diamond and arriva taking over some of whittles stuff if they go, wonder what would happen with the nx coach work??

DeCourcey again I would have thought, then the former Veolia Birmingham operations would be back to one operator again.

If EYMS are unhappy with the financial performance of Whittle's, I'd have thought a sale would be more likely

The 19:00 410 service off London to Walsall has not ran several times over the past few weeks

Can't see NX being happy with that, aren't Whittle's short of NX drivers as well?

Liverpool Street

I doubt it. I think NX are settled now, they don't really want any more risk as such.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 21, 2013, 10:36:29 PM

I doubt it. I think NX are settled now, they don't really want any more risk as such.

NX have said they would make bolt-on acquisitions which RH & KR or Whittle's would be for NXWM. At the £1.5 Million agreed takeover price for RH & KR, it would have been exposing much risk for NX

Cedric

If that does happen  can see maybe arriva  being interested in the shropshire  operation,  and as for the Kidderminster area   the 1,7,580 are the only three routes that diamond do not operate on   the 2a/2c, diamond operate on 95% of the route and the 15 about 50% of the route , and  the 3  100% of the route   the 192  90% of the sectionof theroute  between  Kidderminster   and  stourport
so it would be easy  for them to take over the Kidderminster bus work    they only have  start on the 1 &7  and re jig  the other services to fit in with there own 
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

heard something a long time ago  that mr whittle still owns the yard and it is just leased and eyms where looking around for some where else. and he was  interested in getting back the coaching
side and trying to get  the use of the whittle name back by getting eyms to change the name. 
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 21, 2013, 11:10:22 AM
Quote from: bewminster on December 21, 2013, 10:11:00 AM
Quote from: Tony on December 21, 2013, 08:35:43 AM
If you read the article on EYMS in this weeks CBW you will see they state Whittles is loss making, although they intend perservering with it, so don't expect any major investments in the near future
can not read article as it will not let me as I do not subcribe

You can buy it in whsmith's if you arent a subscriber. I am not surprised it is a loss maker but I am surprised they intend to persevere with it. Though tbf didnt go ahead say it would persevere with diamond weeks before rotala bought it?
the kiddermins wh smiths  had not got  cbw    wonder where  else I could get it ? there are no other big newagents in the area 
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Rather frustratingly, the Whittle website has not been updated with the service changes in force from today.

Cedric

Quote from: StourportSam on January 06, 2014, 04:34:08 PM
Rather frustratingly, the Whittle website has not been updated with the service changes in force from today.
still not changed   
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

YX04 JVW broke down today........

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk