News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reece

So Johnson's of Henley-in-Arden have brought Whittle Coaches with all 11 coaches and the depot as we'll. I am now VERY HAPPY :D :D with this much better out come than Rotala Group buying them. Johnson's a quality coach and bus operator with a good reputation for clean tidy vehicles! :D

Solo1

So I was right then as I asked this yesterday

Reece

Quote from: LM 172 on October 10, 2014, 05:44:33 PM
This is my opinion of who I think might buy Whittles or at least part of it.

Could Buy just Whittles Coaches

Woodstones Coaches of Kidderminster
Astons Coaches
Hardings Coaches
Johnsons Coaches

Could Buy just Whittles Buses

Central Buses
Arriva
Diamond bus
Hansons bus

Could Buy both Whittle Coaches and Buses

Claribels Coaches of Birmingham
RATP Group
Management Buy Out
Ron Whittle

Quote from: Solo1 on December 16, 2014, 07:56:43 PM
So I was right then as I asked this yesterday

We'll as you can see when they were first put up for sale in early October. I did say that Johnson's Coaches might buy Whittles coaching side of the business then. :)

barry

The Johnsons take over actually includes  9 vehicles (Fact)

iamwilljh92

Quote from: barry on December 16, 2014, 10:14:57 PM

Any Proof?

barry

I haven't the registration details yet but trust me it's true
The sale included the yard rental at Foley Business Park, 9 coaches, 10 drivers, 3 office staff and 3 mechanics

winston

Quote from: Will on December 16, 2014, 10:18:26 PM

Any Proof?

Will, what are you looking for proof of?

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Winston on December 16, 2014, 10:33:51 PM
Quote from: Will on December 16, 2014, 10:18:26 PM

Any Proof?

Will, what are you looking for proof of?

Well I read somewhere they had acquired 11 vehicles not 9!!

Reece

What year did Whittles coaches start 1926 or 1929?

winston

Quote from: barry on December 16, 2014, 10:25:47 PM
The sale included the yard rental at Foley Business Park, 9 coaches, 10 drivers, 3 office staff and 3 mechanics

3 Mechanics sounds high for a fleet of 9 coaches. It wouldn't surprise me if Johnson's aren't looking to expand further in the area, possibly in to local tendered bus work to fill the depot site

111 Roughley

What a pity though that it took so long to do a deal. The business is bound to have been harmed by the delay and uncertainty. I wonder why Johnsons didn't buy it earlier.

Cedric

how I understand  all the things  I have read  there taking all the coaches, except nX ones and the are being loaned out and maybe coning back

even if  the only take nine coaches surely the will need more than ten driver. barry where does your proof come from  ?
diamond 8\10/125/292

Reece

Quote from: Matt on December 16, 2014, 10:47:33 PM
Quote from: Winston on December 16, 2014, 10:40:19 PM
Quote from: barry on December 16, 2014, 10:25:47 PM

3 Mechanics sounds high for a fleet of 9 coaches. It wouldn't surprise me if Johnson's aren't looking to expand further in the area, possibly in to local tendered bus work to fill the depot site

3 mechanics seems like the bare minimum even for a small fleet - one to work earlys, one on lates and one spare/on call?

We'll Diamond Bus in Kidderminster have only got one!

StourportSam

Quote from: 111 Roughley on December 16, 2014, 10:46:20 PM
What a pity though that it took so long to do a deal. The business is bound to have been harmed by the delay and uncertainty. I wonder why Johnsons didn't buy it earlier.

I could be their original offer was considered too low and when the Rotala sale fell through they were a good last resort before it really was the end, who knows, at least the Whittle name has survived.

Cedric

Quote from: 111 Roughley on December 16, 2014, 10:46:20 PM
could it be a certain gent and his imagery cf company
diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk