News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Will on December 06, 2014, 01:13:33 AM
Quote from: Winston on December 06, 2014, 01:07:10 AM
Quote from: LM 172 on December 05, 2014, 07:40:34 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher link=topic=996.msgpotentially see21112 date=1417808322
Apparently Igo have gained the 192 and 7...

We'll that has surprised me!

I'd have expected Diamond to pick up the both the 125 & 192 to enable KR services to be linked in to the WM operation, but yet we potentially see two new entrants in to KR in the shape of Central Buses & Igo.

Winston,

To be honest Diamond probably aren't interested in the 192 because I've been told by a driver friend of mine that Centro told Whittle that they were "barred" from running it to Birmingham so this is why it now only runs to Halesowen so it stands to reason that if they told Whittle that they would say the same to Diamond or infact any operator who decided to take it on and as for the 125 Simon would no doubt say it wouldn't be commercially viable for Diamond to operate bizzare as that sounds.

Will

I don't know where your information comes from!

The service is tendered by Worcestershire County Council, a few years ago to save money they stopped the service running into Birmingham

Simon

Cedric

For details  of  the 2a/ 2c replacement  the revised 2 Saturday 3rd January 2015
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/worcesterfolk/Bushome.htm
you will see the  main Kidderminster bewdley services is one every 40 mins
Service 4A will have new route and timetable introduced from Monday 5th January 2015(4A is a diamond service)
Services 7, 15, 125, 192, 831, 833 & S15 will have new operators, routes and timetables introduced
from Monday 5th January 2015
Service 580 will have new timetables introduced from Monday 5th January 2015
looks like 3rd of January

diamond 8\10/125/292

Tony

Courtesy of Route 1

An outline agreement for the sale of the coaching part of the Whittle business could be concluded in the next few days.
It follows the decision by parent EYMS Group to put the Kidderminster-based firm, which runs 35 vehicles with 50 staff, up for sale.
However, with no buyer for the bus part of the operation, all registered services are being cancelled with the required 56 days' notice, effective on 5 January 2015, with the only purely commercial route (2A/2C) finishing on 15 December.
Parts of this route and most of the others (which are already operated wholly or mainly on contract to Worcestershire County Council) have been put up for re-tender by the Council. One route supported by Shropshire County Council has already transferred to Arriva.
National Express (NX) operations are being found new homes by NX – and are likely to transfer in mid-January with the five coaches required being rented by the new operator in the short term (until they receive new coaches ordered by NX for 2015), or all six if they need a spare for the time being.
Says EYMS Chairman Peter Shipp: "We are still in discussion with a couple of interested parties about the coaching part of the business, hoping to reach outline agreement in the next few days, and if so with completion by mid-January at the latest so as to maintain continuity on the coach side as much as possible."
All staff have been issued with redundancy notices, with varying end dates depending on individual situations, but have also been told that efforts to sell the coaching business are continuing and if agreed, relevant employees are likely to be given the opportunity to transfer to the new owner, or in the case of NX, to whoever takes over the diagrams.
Inevitably some staff – almost all drivers – have resigned but the firm is keeping operations going with the help of casual staff and other operators, "notably Llew Jones International of Llanwrst, which has been very helpful, supplying coaches and/or drivers to help cover National Express work," adds Mr Shipp.
Most of the 11 non-NX coaches are likely to form part of the sale if it is agreed, while the more modern (mainly DDA) buses (probably 14) will transfer to EYMS in Hull, where they will replace older buses, and the remaining six sold. Any coaches not part of any deal will also probably transfer to EYMS and replace older ones.

Kevin

Quote from: Ced on December 08, 2014, 06:56:12 PM
For details  of  the 2a/ 2c replacement  the revised 2 Saturday 3rd January 2015

I'm sorry but personally I think a 40 min frequency between two quite large towns is pretty pathetic. Could they not interwork something to at least get a half hourly service? I understand sometimes due to number of buses etc a 40 or 45 min frequency might be required but it just looks awkward, it'd be better being more "clockface "
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Cedric

Quote from: Kevin on December 10, 2014, 12:07:01 PM

I'm sorry but personally I think a 40 min frequency between two quite large towns is pretty pathetic. Could they not interwork something to at least get a half hourly service? I understand sometimes due to number of buses etc a 40 or 45 min frequency might be required but it just looks awkward, it'd be better being more "clockface "
a 40 min frequency  is going to be a joke when you think  as well  as the 2A/2C running every 30 mins and diamonds 2 at every 30 mins  as well. it means instead of 4  buses a hour  you will only be getting 3 buses every 2 hours.
diamond 8\10/125/292

Reece

Quote from: Ced on December 10, 2014, 01:04:44 PM

a 40 min frequency  is going to be a joke when you think  as well  as the 2A/2C running every 30 mins and diamonds 2 at every 30 mins  as well. it means instead of 4  buses a hour  you will only be getting 3 buses every 2 hours.

I agree with you Ced absolute joke the 3 service including the X3 are up to every 10 mins Stourport at peak time. Then Diamond have the cheek to rejuice the frequency of the 2 from every 30 min to every 40 mins after the withdrawal of the 2A/2C services. >:( And the 10 to spennells is still every 30 mins!

Cedric

Quote from: LM 172 on December 10, 2014, 02:44:55 PM
Quote from: Ced on December 10, 2014, 01:04:44 PM

I agree with you Ced absolute joke the 3 service including the X3 are up to every 10 mins Stourport at peak time. Then Diamond have the cheek to rejuice the frequency of the 2 from every 30 min to every 40 mins after the withdrawal of the 2A/2C services. >:( And the 10 to spennells is still every 30 mins!
I glad the 10  to spennells is still every 30 mins as that is  my bus home and wills bus home   there are different times during the  if you look at the new time table  there is one hour of the day where it goes to about 45 mins for just that hour
diamond 8\10/125/292

Reece

Feel sorry for me my bus home is the 4A and is only hourly and with the extra passages from Fairfield from January it's going to full and standing at peak time something for me to look forward to.

Cedric

Quote from: LM 172 on December 10, 2014, 03:37:32 PM
Feel sorry for me my bus home is the 4A and is only hourly and with the extra passages from Fairfield from January it's going to full and standing at peak time something for me to look forward to.
lets hope they use the extension to Fairfield or the might  loose it,
diamond 8\10/125/292

111 Roughley

I just don't understand Diamond's reasoning on this. I realise it's difficult integrating the 2L so that Bewdley has a half hour service through the day from Diamond. If Diamond operates the 125, their offering might become a little better. With an hourly service at least you automatically know the times. With half-hourly, ditto, and you don't have to worry too much about missing one. Forty minute services are awkward: you need a timetable. In Redditch for 60 years right back to BMMO days, buses to Astwood Bank were half hourly, but after First gave up competing on the service, Diamond cut it to 40 minutes. Forty minute frequencies do put people off using the service. Now it's gone hourly. When the school kids get on, ordinary passengers get left at the stop, particularly with Diamond's small buses.

winston

Quote from: 111 Roughley on December 10, 2014, 03:47:47 PM
I just don't understand Diamond's reasoning on this. I realise it's difficult integrating the 2L so that Bewdley has a half hour service through the day from Diamond. If Diamond operates the 125, their offering might become a little better. With an hourly service at least you automatically know the times. With half-hourly, ditto, and you don't have to worry too much about missing one. Forty minute services are awkward: you need a timetable. In Redditch for 60 years right back to BMMO days, buses to Astwood Bank were half hourly, but after First gave up competing on the service, Diamond cut it to 40 minutes. Forty minute frequencies do put people off using the service. Now it's gone hourly. When the school kids get on, ordinary passengers get left at the stop, particularly with Diamond's small buses.

You'll probably find the 40min frequency is to keep the Pvr as low as possible & cut costs

Reece

Quote from: Winston on December 10, 2014, 04:00:05 PM

You'll probably find the 40min frequency is to keep the Pvr as low as possible & cuts costs

If a service is full and standing and passages are being left at there bus stops because the service is only hourly and buses are not the correct size. Then there is space for a another operate to come a long and fill the gap in.

winston

Quote from: LM 172 on December 10, 2014, 04:15:53 PM
Quote from: Winston on December 10, 2014, 04:00:05 PM

You'll probably find the 40min frequency is to keep the Pvr as low as possible & cuts costs

If a service is full and standing and passages are being left at there bus stops because the service is only hourly and buses are not the correct size. Then there is space for a another operate to come a long and fill the gap in.

I agree, that is the risk you take when cutting service frequencies of routes that are well used.

Cedric

Did post this before  the 2 used to be every 1/2 hour and
2A/2C used to be every  1/2 hour and as the 2 is replacing
The 2A/2C  a bus 🚌  every 40 minutes  will not be enough
At peak times.I known  the 2L is shown  on the same timetable
But that's  is just the section. That runs over the same ground
the 2L is a completely sperate service
Is the NX service  444 Hereford  London   a whittles  service  as
I see  on today's  vosas  it's  being changed  in febuary
diamond 8\10/125/292

moley67

Quote from: Ced on December 10, 2014, 06:13:58 PM