News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Discussion

Started by winston, September 20, 2012, 11:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Just reading some of the "unusal workings"... why are they using the new E200s on routes that are normally deckers? Seen mentions of them appearing on the 14, 22/23/24, 45, 60
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Sh4318

Quote from: Kevin on January 23, 2013, 08:58:39 PM
Just reading some of the "unusal workings"... why are they using the new E200s on routes that are normally deckers? Seen mentions of them appearing on the 14, 22/23/24, 45, 60

I think the E200 working on the 14 is replacing the peak working that was served by a B6LE, can't speak for the other routes, but the severe weather conditions could be a factor
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Gareth

The Enviro 200 on the 14 was at 1pm on a full 14 to Chelmsley Wood. The peak B6LEs were usually at about 8.30am and running as 14E

danny

Caught an enviro on 45 this morning to uni didn't suite the route attal, best thing was about 3 tridents turned up out of service. good buses though quite fast, it was 813
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Mike K

JackC

Do we know when WB are actually going to get these buses then?

Mike K

The amount of them currently in service at BC is puzzling. Ok so 2122 might be at AG and 807 is reported to have RTA damage but various sightings as posted on here yesterday suggest 5 or 6 were in use by BC, primarily on routes that wouldn't normally see a full size single decker, let alone a midi-bus.

winston

Quote from: Mike K on January 24, 2013, 12:45:16 PM
The amount of them currently in service at BC is puzzling. Ok so 2122 might be at AG and 807 is reported to have RTA damage but various sightings as posted on here yesterday suggest 5 or 6 were in use by BC, primarily on routes that wouldn't normally see a full size single decker, let alone a midi-bus.

Maybe some garages are suffering vehicle shortages due to the bad weather & an increase in the number of vehicles of the road with accident damage?

don

Quote from: Winston on January 24, 2013, 12:47:53 PM

Maybe some garages are suffering vehicle shortages due to the bad weather & an increase in the number of vehicles of the road with accident damage?

I thought that garages were already suffering shortages - which made it all the more surprising that ex BC B6LEs were going to WN and parked up in the garage until needed and there was a batch of E200s parked up at Walsall for WB also. No doubt we will find out the reasons in due course.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Quote from: don on January 24, 2013, 01:32:33 PM
Quote from: Winston on January 24, 2013, 12:47:53 PM

I thought that garages were already suffering shortages - which made it all the more surprising that ex BC B6LEs were going to WN and parked up in the garage until needed and there was a batch of E200s parked up at Walsall for WB also. No doubt we will find out the reasons in due course.

I believe the percentage of spare buses allocated to each garage has been reduced following Dean Finch's review of the business

Eric Shaw

825,826,827,828,829 and 830 were on the 222 today. I missed the other bus due to the Dudley loop. Also I saw 820 and 821 passing through West Brom not in serevice, probably going from WA to WB.

Tony

Some of West Bromwich's are expected to enter service on the 45 and 47 (West Bromwich version) tomorrow, yes I know some of the earlier West Bromwich ones have already been seen on the 45 and 47 (Birmingham version) ironically!

JIM H

On the 222 today between 13.00-14.00 hrs. 823-826/828-830.
I might have missed another on the Dudley loop.

wbdriver

2 or 3 new enviros on the 45/46 (WB) today.

nearly weren't on the road this morning. they were booked out to be on the road but missing a couple of things:
1. no wheel nut indicators (yellow or red on wheels) and, most importantly.........
2. no tax disc.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
an empty bus is a happy driver.

Ash

Quote from: wbdriver on January 26, 2013, 06:34:30 PM
2 or 3 new enviros on the 45/46 (WB) today.

nearly weren't on the road this morning. they were booked out to be on the road but missing a couple of things:
1. no wheel nut indicators (yellow or red on wheels) and, most importantly.........
2. no tax disc.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I guess the 3 used haven't been used at BC previously then, Have you driven one today WB driver or was on your usual 5 service with presidents and mercs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk