News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Discussion

Started by winston, September 20, 2012, 11:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

karl724223

Andrew1991

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

I do hope not, really like 823 and its been a really useful bus for PE to have at the moment, what with all the issues that are arising, a new single deck that can go one any route and is pretty reliable, but it wouldn't surprise me what with the change to the 222, in particular in that 823 spends far more time off the 222 than on it but then at least PE seem to have a clear use for their Enviro's, WB seem to just randomly scatter them all over the place, which yes will benefit those journeys but will do little to increase patronage and advertise certain routes as there is no guarantee you will get a new bus

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Sadly I can confirm 823 has now left PE where it has become a bit of an enthusiasts favourite with no telling which route it would appear on next. With it only not appearing on the 9. Sadly I'm not sure it will recieve such a following at WB, blending in with all the other Enviro's.

A full list of PE routes operated includes:

256 (Schools)
X96

Stuharris 6360

So sorry that 823 has gone, i assumed that it had been bought with money from the Brierley Hill Bus Transformation and so would be required to stay at PE.

D10

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 09, 2013, 10:48:43 AM
So sorry that 823 has gone, i assumed that it had been bought with money from the Brierley Hill Bus Transformation and so would be required to stay at PE.

I don't think the money went towards these new Enviro200s, they have been bought by NX themselves, to show commitment to the overall improvements. Although you can debate the commitment when one of the main routes is being reduced in frequency!

I think the money is mostly being spent on Capital infrastructure projects like the new Bus Station and the new access road.

uniquicity

Mike K

For you PE boys, isn't it a case of 823 is dead, long live 824?

Maybe the thread needs to be re-titled?

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Potentially but I'm not sure that the PVR of the 222 has actually decreased with the frequency decrease just longer journey/layover times but we'll see, it might venture onto other routes but don't think it'll be quite as nomadic as 823

Andrew1991

well 824 was on the 222 yesterday, it's on again today

winston

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on June 09, 2013, 12:43:36 PM
Potentially but I'm not sure that the PVR of the 222 has actually decreased with the frequency decrease just longer journey/layover times but we'll see, it might venture onto other routes but don't think it'll be quite as nomadic as 823

The 222 has only had a slight frequency decrease from every 12 mins to every 15mins from today

uniquicity

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk