News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mranon

Quote from: Tony on August 07, 2017, 07:54:31 PM
A journalist friend has had two phone calls today to say Cannock garage would be sold by the end of the month, one of them saying the buyer was Chase Bus!

Hmm - I have my doubts they were from someone in the industry.

lol! and if that were to be the case, why is there a big banner advertising the fact that arriva are recruiting drivers and engineers! although being a bit cynical, recruiting drivers so soon after they closed wednesfield and gave staff little opportunity to stay within the company

Bob

They were recruiting almost till the end at Wednesfield weren't they

Bob

Wonder where journalists have got the story from

Tony

Quote from: Bob on August 07, 2017, 09:29:56 PM
Wonder where journalists have got the story from

The journalist just had two calls from random people

Bob

Probably rubbish then

Westy

Funnily enough we had a meeting today internally, saying that a Sunday national newspaper had published a story about our company, despite someone at our company telling said journo the story was rubbish!

Chase_Bus

***Press Release***

I can also confirm that the story is absurd... Unless we were suddenly able to magic £10 million out of somewhere...

However we have no intentions of ever buying or attempting to buy Cannock depot as it is too far gone to be saved and will instead try to provide a quality service that has been missing for some time.
Managing Director for ChaseBus Limited. ashley.fellows@chasebus.co.uk

Busman Jamie

Isn't it this month Chase bus starts as published elsewhere?

Busman Jamie

2736 out on the 1/2 today.... Still better than a streetlite

Grinder

ChaseBus was supposed to be starting in September BUT as of the middle of July the only bus that they have, as far as all comments on here and other forums suggest, was still in the same tatty state it was when bought 12 months ago. How do I know? cause I saw it at Coach Aid in Stafford on the 14th July.

Chase_Bus

Quote from: Grinder on August 09, 2017, 04:54:15 PM
ChaseBus was supposed to be starting in September BUT as of the middle of July the only bus that they have, as far as all comments on here and other forums suggest, was still in the same tatty state it was when bought 12 months ago. How do I know? cause I saw it at Coach Aid in Stafford on the 14th July.

We actually have 3 vehicles, and we haven't even owned it 12 months so please please please, before you start mentioning things that are going on, make sure they are right :)

Grinder

My apologies, should have said 6 months. The bus was at Coach Aid mid July, you confirmed that and it was in the same condition as bought again you confirmed that.  Suggest you update your Facebook pages if you want to avoid adverse comments.

Chase_Bus

Quote from: Grinder on August 09, 2017, 08:41:59 PM
My apologies, should have said 6 months. The bus was at Coach Aid mid July, you confirmed that and it was in the same condition as bought again you confirmed that.  Suggest you update your Facebook pages if you want to avoid adverse comments.

I did, yes as I was getting a new footbrake valve installed, I have been meaning to make a post actually regarding Showbus this year

Bob

On the 1, it still beats me how anyone could consider a streetlite anywhere near a decent bus.  Jerky, overrevving underpowered extremely noisy can't pull up anywhere smoothly. 

Bob

Oh and the engines sound like a frigging tractor and what's with the weird getting noises when they pull up/inch forward

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk