News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

A sign of how much it's declined lol. Same as 60 that gets any tat on it now

Busman Jamie

Solo 2404 on 74/825 today

Westy

Is the council actually taking any notice thesedays, or are they of the opinion, 'It's a bus, so what!'

Back in the day, I, living in Bloxwich(as I still do!), used to consider the Midland Red as the 'posh buses', bearing in mind it was WMPTE Fleetlines, VR's & Metrobuses otherwise.

On the occasional trip over Cannock / Norton Canes way, to visit relatives etc, you tended to see the red & white single deckers & plus we had a trip on the old 838 to Stafford once, which was one of the older double deckers(It was pre Olympian I know!)

If you lived in Brownhills post 1980, you got a rare Midland Red service to Brum as well!

Bob

Staffordshire County Council?? They're one of the most disinterested councils when it comes to public transport

PM

Here's the link to the Staffordshire Bus Review, preferred option seems to be to maintain as many supported local bus services as possible but scrap the local dial-a-ride services. Seems to make good sense to ensure best use of existing resource.

https://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/transport/publictransport/buses/Bus-review/Bus-review.aspx

Bob

Commander broke down blocking road near wardles lane Landywood on 71A this evening

Bob

Can anyone remember what Cannocks full size single deck fleet consisted of in the late 90s say from 97 to 99? There were loads of Mercedes minis and ecw olympians/volvo city bus but I can't for the life of me remember the full size singles.  I know the Nationals had been banished to telford and Shrewsbury by that point and Cannock certainly had no falcons around that time. The rebodied tigers were almost all moved elsewhere in 94. I'm pretty sure they'd lost the Alexander belfasts by 97/98 too

Tony

Quote from: Bob on August 06, 2017, 11:42:25 AM
Can anyone remember what Cannocks full size single deck fleet consisted of in the late 90s say from 97 to 99? There were loads of Mercedes minis and ecw olympians/volvo city bus but I can't for the life of me remember the full size singles.  I know the Nationals had been banished to telford and Shrewsbury by that point and Cannock certainly had no falcons around that time. The rebodied tigers were almost all moved elsewhere in 94. I'm pretty sure they'd lost the Alexander belfasts by 97/98 too

In 2000 there were still several Alexander bodied Tigers, East Lancs rebodied Tigers, then in addition there were some of the Plaxton bodied Scanias. Smaller single decks were the via East Lancs bodied Darts, along with some more normal Plaxton bodied ones

Bob

I think the tigers especially the rebodied  ( weirdly there was a TPC-X one that had really old coach seats that looked straight out of a Plaxton supreme retrofitted in place of the original ex ecw recovered ones) returned after a period away. I'm referring to 1998/99

Bob

Same as the east lancs darts cannock had some when new but they were quickly moved elsewhere. In fact I remember about 1994/5 cannock running some B series nationals for a brief period on pye greens and belt road circulars that had replaced the new darts

mranon

wasn't there still a few Leyland lynx about, and east lancs rebodied b10ms too h xyt batch?

Bob

Not running from Cannock garage at that time

TOF719S

1713 was the East lancs tiger with the plaxton seats, they were trimmed in a light brown moquette too, it appeared in Shrewsbury in late 2002 at worked mostly from Abermule outstation. 1726 and 1740 were also at Cannock and Bosnian Tiger 1759 in about 2002.

I remember Cannock having the B series Nationals from Shrewsbury 1062/1079/1080 in exchange for Dart's 516/522/523 in September 1994 as the new mercs on order for new contracts hadn't arrived.
The darts went back when 451/2/3 arrived at Shrewsbury and the Nationals went to Black Prince of Morley.

Tony

A journalist friend has had two phone calls today to say Cannock garage would be sold by the end of the month, one of them saying the buyer was Chase Bus!

Hmm - I have my doubts they were from someone in the industry.

Bob

Lol I can see Chase bus affording that....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk