News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BN

Quote from: cannockanorak on February 21, 2015, 11:08:47 PM
Quote from: cannockanorak on February 14, 2015, 01:14:30 PM
citaro 3004 on the X60 this morning at Cannock,is this a regular occurrence or covering a Cannock duty ? (assuming its still a tamworth bus) nice to see a bit of variety !!!  :D

this is now allocated to Cannock garage (?),are all boards now with Cannock garage as this was probably now a Cannock bus at the time of photographing then ?

does having only one example of a type at a garage cause difficulties with holding spares,fitter familiarisation,driver training etc

thanks

3004 transferred to Cannock Jan.

Bob

A permanent one? Are the recent transfers of larger darts/the odd cadet anything to do with giving a bit of extra capacity on routes like the 33 ?

BN

Quote from: Bob on February 22, 2015, 10:37:41 AM
A permanent one? Are the recent transfers of larger darts/the odd cadet anything to do with giving a bit of extra capacity on routes like the 33 ?

Yes it is.

Ashley 60171

On a seperate note if it interests anybody, evening 70/76 interwork with the 25/26

Bob

Now 3727-31 have left what will be the standard allocation for the X60 alongside the Citaro?

BN

Quote from: Bob on February 22, 2015, 03:37:34 PM
Now 3727-31 have left what will be the standard allocation for the X60 alongside the Citaro?

Pass, 3807-11?

Ashley 60171

Have 3807 and 3810 arrived yet or are they due?

BN

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on February 22, 2015, 03:48:57 PM

Yes collected Friday I believe.

Bob

The one I caught on the X60 last sat poss 3808/9 wasnt very good at all,  kept going into kickdown,  driver kept having to rev it to get it to keep moving, the engine sounded like it was going crazy.  Hope the others are a bit better and not so rough. The driver on 3308 yesterday said streetlites were the worst buses hed ever driven in 5 yrs of working there said something about the gearboxes. To be fair it didn't have the jolting kickdown and the seats are coomfy etc but its impossible to have a smooth trip on them as they are completely jerky slowing down/pulling off etc
And hard riding. Maybe theyll keep tweaking them and itll improve

Ashley 60171

Quote from: BN on February 22, 2015, 03:55:49 PM
Quote from: Ashley 60171 on February 22, 2015, 03:48:57 PM

Yes collected Friday I believe.

Thanks BN

Quote from: Bob on February 22, 2015, 04:13:07 PM
The one I caught on the X60 last sat poss 3808/9 wasnt very good at all,  kept going into kickdown,  driver kept having to rev it to get it to keep moving, the engine sounded like it was going crazy.  Hope the others are a bit better and not so rough. The driver on 3308 yesterday said streetlites were the worst buses hed ever driven in 5 yrs of working there said something about the gearboxes. To be fair it didn't have the jolting kickdown and the seats are coomfy etc but its impossible to have a smooth trip on them as they are completely jerky slowing down/pulling off etc
And hard riding. Maybe theyll keep tweaking them and itll improve

It was 3809 you went on Bob because your review is a couple of pages back. I also went on 3809 that day, it was probably the slowest pulsar ive been on. Ive dropped 3808 on the 60 and 75 which wasn't too bad. Overall theyre a decent batch that are still in a decent condition minus a few seat back burns.

Bob

Ah yea 3809. The driver said it wasnt in a very good state. It had an absolutely massive kickdown on that 50 stretch much louder than normal,  proper screamed. I sometimes wonder is it healthy for any engine to be constantly labouring like that ? Surely itll eventually knacker it! You never hear a citaro/b7rle/omnilink struggle in that manner

BN

2328 collected by Hinckley today.

2743 from Telford to replace it.

Busman Jamie

it would appear that all pulsars have are at Cannock excluding the 1 allocated to shresbury

Ashley 60171

Does anybody know where 3807 and 3810 are today please? Thanks

Bob

What rev till it keeps gping into kickdown and the engine labouring? Yea all buses are like that arent they......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk