News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

18WilliamsLi

BK63 YWP

Just an idea for raising a bit of money for charity, could some of the number plates on withdrawn buses that are going to scrap be sold on the day? @BN @karl724223 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Quote from: BK63 YWP on June 09, 2023, 03:17:47 PMJust an idea for raising a bit of money for charity, could some of the number plates on withdrawn buses that are going to scrap be sold on the day? @BN @karl724223
i think you can ask dvla directly for certain number plate availability, send an email request 

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: 2900 on June 10, 2023, 06:27:34 AMi think you can ask dvla directly for certain number plate availability, send an email request
Last time I asked about number plates the company said they have to go with the buses to reduce the risk of them being cloned or used in a criminal way 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Trident 4194

Are a load of platinums off the road? B7RLES on the 9 and X10

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 20, 2023, 08:30:57 AMAre a load of platinums off the road? B7RLES on the 9 and X10
Well 6938 6939 on loan to Wolverhampton and 6942 apparently off to Glastonbury plus maybe a few VOR so yeah possibly 

Bus_user_jay

If trees are going to get sorted for the WA hydrogens on 997, can't the same be done for wherever the trees are on 11/11A? Not sure exactly where the low trees are but these services can get packed at times (especially when there's a bus missing for whatever reason) and double deckers would be much better suited.

Jack6101

Quote from: Bus_user_jay on July 24, 2023, 11:36:26 PMIf trees are going to get sorted for the WA hydrogens on 997, can't the same be done for wherever the trees are on 11/11A? Not sure exactly where the low trees are but these services can get packed at times (especially when there's a bus missing for whatever reason) and double deckers would be much better suited.
I belive  it's powis Ave on the 11A route with the low trees 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Quote from: Jack6101 on July 25, 2023, 05:54:51 AMI belive  it's powis Ave on the 11A route with the low trees
With local authority councillor's  MP's banging on about getting more folks on buses you would think they would sort out trees along a bus route to enable double decker's to go down without damage, Double decker's encourage bus use,  i.e folks think more room etc

Coventrybususer95

Can't they send an older bus down there to trim the branches?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Danthebusman

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on July 25, 2023, 01:29:04 PMCan't they send an older bus down there to trim the branches?
that reminds me that some buses are dedicated purely for tree surgeons to use to cut trees like this one

cris 99

The 11/11a hasn't had double deckers for over 30  years why would they suddenly need them now ?
17//72/73/97/X12

Westy

Quote from: cris 99 on July 25, 2023, 03:14:59 PMThe 11/11a hasn't had double deckers for over 30  years why would they suddenly need them now ?
The single deckers were bloody rammed when I used to catch it!

Jack

Quote from: cris 99 on July 25, 2023, 03:14:59 PMThe 11/11a hasn't had double deckers for over 30  years why would they suddenly need them now ?
They could do with them, but again NX only seem bothered about the tree's that the Hydrogens go under, not other routes and Deckers obviously...

Tony

Quote from: Jack on July 25, 2023, 05:35:41 PMThey could do with them, but again NX only seem bothered about the tree's that the Hydrogens go under, not other routes and Deckers obviously...
Always easy for someone with no knowledge to make comments like that, perhaps you might like to see how difficult it is to get trees trimmed. If they are growing on private land then they are the responsibility of that land owner, and many trees actually have preservation orders on them

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk