News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

QuoteThe 11/11a hasn't had double deckers for over 30  years why would they suddenly need them now ?
I'm sure they've dropped on there on the odd occasion - didn't some of the WA routes get temporary decker allocations during Lockdown 1:The Covid Menace?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Westy

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 25, 2023, 06:11:00 PMI'm sure they've dropped on there on the odd occasion - didn't some of the WA routes get temporary decker allocations during Lockdown 1:The Covid Menace?
The Darlaston corridor & the 4 group springs to mind.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 25, 2023, 06:11:00 PMI'm sure they've dropped on there on the odd occasion - didn't some of the WA routes get temporary decker allocations during Lockdown 1:The Covid Menace?
No. The 11 was considered to dangerous for them. None have been on there for around 20 years

PB50

Quote from: Tony on July 25, 2023, 08:07:43 PMNo. The 11 was considered to dangerous for them. None have been on there for around 20 years
I'm sure one year around 5 years ago there was double deckers on that route on Boxing Day. I remember most routes on that day having double deckers but it was the only year they did that.

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on July 25, 2023, 05:48:46 PMAlways easy for someone with no knowledge to make comments like that, perhaps you might like to see how difficult it is to get trees trimmed. If they are growing on private land then they are the responsibility of that land owner, and many trees actually have preservation orders on them
Exactly @Tony - if any vehicle is involved in a collision with trees, you have to prove liability even if it's blatantly obvious that a tree is owned by a private dwelling or the local authority, and that it is causing an obstruction, unlike a bus stop or a lamp post. Even at this point, the cost and effort to pursue for damages through either courts or local authorities is immense and hardly worth the effort, unlike a vehicular collision where it's comparatively straightforward for the insurance companies to deal with it.

@Jack therefore, it is simpler, nay more responsible on NXWM's part to allocate buses that minimises the risk of collision, and any resultant public liability claims against NXWM. If a tree hit the top deck front of a bus and injured a passenger, the liability in such cases is against NXWM, not who owns the tree, hence the single deck allocation.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Bus_user_jay

Could the 11A run separately then so it doesn't interwork with the 11 and can be double deck?

Steve3229vp

Where would the double deckers come from for that ?
Double deckers are already on the routes they need to be on, the fleet already has too many single deckers, so putting doubles on the 11 would mean having to put the released single deckers on to routes where they are not wanted

karl724223

Due to unforeseen circumstances pensnett open day on the 23rd September has had to be cancelled 

karl724223

Pensnett open day now on at Wolverhampton garage same date 23rd sept 

Owen

I never asked but why did the 9's loose their inside maps. The x10's still have theirs? 

karl724223

4750 new rear ad for nbus on 126 this morning 

karl724223

Tesco just told me there's a 22 plate minibus at pensnett fleet number A055

Tony

Quote from: karl724223 on September 04, 2023, 08:58:47 AMTesco just told me there's a 22 plate minibus at pensnett fleet number A055
Never trust Tesco announcements, fleet number A599 is more likely 

karl724223

Quote from: Tony on September 04, 2023, 09:25:46 AMNever trust Tesco announcements, fleet number A599 is more likely
Bad reception

BN

Quote from: Tony on September 04, 2023, 09:25:46 AMNever trust Tesco announcements, fleet number A599 is more likely
Yes Ford transit A599 is the new staffbus. Should be out by Friday hopefully.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk