News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

I wonder who will be running the current extension to Gornal. That 0429 from the trading estate is handy for me to get to work in the morning!
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: BK63 YWP on November 27, 2022, 06:43:24 PMI wonder who will be running the current extension to Gornal. That 0429 from the trading estate is handy for me to get to work in the morning!
Noone it's going completely. 

Westy

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on November 27, 2022, 01:19:16 PMProbably 11 as pensnet are taking over 11 between Walsall and dudley
I know Midland Red used to run the Walsall to Dudley route back in 'prehistoric times', but did the old MR Dudley garage under WMPTE ever have any runs to Walsall themselves, or did Walsall always run the entire route after WMPTE took over MR in 1973?

Bus_user_jay

Why can't the 11/11A have double decks? They could really do with them at times

the trainbasher

QuoteWhy can't the 11/11A have double decks? They could really do with them at times
Deckers have dropped on there occasionally iirc. I'm sure Tony photographed a 997 branded Gemini on there a few years ago

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Westy

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 27, 2022, 09:41:53 PMDeckers have dropped on there occasionally iirc. I'm sure Tony photographed a 997 branded Gemini on there a few years ago
I suppose if Sandwell Council did a bit of tree cutting on the route, you just might get them back on a regular basis?

Tony

QuoteWhy can't the 11/11A have double decks? They could really do with them at times
Trees in Tipton

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Westy on November 27, 2022, 09:04:46 PMI know Midland Red used to run the Walsall to Dudley route back in 'prehistoric times', but did the old MR Dudley garage under WMPTE ever have any runs to Walsall themselves, or did Walsall always run the entire route after WMPTE took over MR in 1973?

Walsall ran the entire route after the WMPTE takeover.  Before then I believe MR Dudley and Stafford garages worked the 265/865 (Dudley - Walsall and Dudley - Stafford) alongside Walsall Corporation/WMPTE Walsall garage.

At the point of the WMPTE takeover Dudley garage took on other services from Bearwood (which closed) and Oldbury garages, and MR Stafford garage took on all of the shortened 865 Walsall - Stafford.

markcf83

Quote from: Bus_user_jay on November 27, 2022, 09:21:46 PMWhy can't the 11/11A have double decks? They could really do with them at times
I might be wrong, but isn't there a low bridge somewhere on the line of route?
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Bus_user_jay

Quote from: Tony on November 27, 2022, 10:13:32 PMTrees in Tipton
Surely Sandwell Council should sort this out? The route used to be able to handle deckers and they can carry full loads, especially when one doesn't show up in Walsall. Maybe it's just wishful thinking...

the trainbasher

QuoteI might be wrong, but isn't there a low bridge somewhere on the line of route?
Only if leaving Bradford place empty via the 36 route

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

PB50

Quote from: Rachvince53 on November 27, 2022, 12:54:04 PMYes Pensnett are going to be doing the 11/11A. One of the drivers on the 17 asked his colleague to put his name down for the new duties on the 11.
I thought Pensnett was struggling more for drivers or has that improved. Would this mean Walsall garage would send over the single deckers for them to use on the route?

Quote from: PB50 on November 28, 2022, 09:12:33 AMI thought Pensnett was struggling more for drivers or has that improved. Would this mean Walsall garage would send over the single deckers for them to use on the route?
Every garage is struggling to cover work from what i know, my understanding is that management trying to keep percentages of lost mileage about the same at each garage, west brom  loan drivers have returned from walsall so i assume situation has improved some what, i have also heard traffic office staff been told to stop phoning drivers and asking them to work which i agree with, if you haven't requested work you shouldn't be harassed on the phone, we have certain traffic staff that make you feel bad for saying NO. Down in oldbury now we have a driver/supervisor who's job is to return dead buses back to garage as there are no bus stands there just stops, VERY BAD FOR SIGHT DEMOLISHING OLDBURY BUS STATION.

PB2938

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on November 27, 2022, 01:19:16 PMProbably 11 as pensnet are taking over 11 between Walsall and dudley

According to 03 January 22 timetable 11 11a only running Walsall Dudley not sure where the Merry Hill section going.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

winston

Quote from: PB2938 on December 01, 2022, 10:09:42 PMAccording to 03 January 22 timetable 11 11a only running Walsall Dudley not sure where the Merry Hill section going.
It's being tagged on to new tendered route 25 (Formerly Diamond's route 250 / 251)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk