News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Solo1 on March 08, 2017, 04:12:41 PM
With the 99 finishing they could move the envrios from bham central to pensnett

Wouldn't have thought that many extra buses will be needed?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Dom

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 08, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
Wouldn't have thought that many extra buses will be needed?

Its adding another 40 odd minutes onto the route...

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Dom on March 08, 2017, 10:38:44 PM
Its adding another 40 odd minutes onto the route...

yes, but since the 243/4 were reduced to every 30 mins, that should have thrown up a couple of extra buses, unless they give PN all the E200s and withdraw some of the Y reg Tridents?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Dom

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 08, 2017, 10:51:37 PM
yes, but since the 243/4 were reduced to every 30 mins, that should have thrown up a couple of extra buses, unless they give PN all the E200s and withdraw some of the Y reg Tridents?

I've already said it used to have 9 running boards, now has 8.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Dom on March 08, 2017, 10:57:41 PM
I've already said it used to have 9 running boards, now has 8.

Will depend whether they return it to every 20 mins or if it stays at every 30 mins!

ARBB

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 08, 2017, 10:59:12 PM
Will depend whether they return it to every 20 mins or if it stays at every 30 mins!

Staying every 30 minutes

sonic84

Quote from: pndriver on March 09, 2017, 02:03:14 AM
Staying every 30 minutes

I'm surprised the Halesowen to QE Section is being reduced to half hourly. Some parts of that route can be very well used, particularly around Welsh House Farm.

winston

Quote from: sonic84 on March 09, 2017, 06:28:46 PM
I'm surprised the Halesowen to QE Section is being reduced to half hourly. Some parts of that route can be very well used, particularly around Welsh House Farm.

You've also got the fact that the 244 was reduced in frequency / curtailed at Halesowen 'in then name of reliability', the unreliable 99 is being split in to two 'in the name of relaibility' from end of April. So of course the most logical solution would be to join two unreliable services together to make one long one.....  ???

Trident 4194

Quote from: Winston on March 09, 2017, 06:52:52 PM
You've also got the fact that the 244 was reduced in frequency / curtailed at Halesowen 'in then name of reliability', the unreliable 99 is being split in to two 'in the name of relaibility' from end of April. So of course the most logical solution would be to join two unreliable services together to make one long one.....  ???

Hope they are route trained well enough- the Walsall drivers seem to get lost one ended up at the lutley oak this morning 😂

Stuharris 6360

But , as I have mentioned before, the reliability doesn't matter to much because the service no longer serves Birmingam.

You will get the 244 mainly running between the QE and Halesowen and if I am not mistaken, buses going NIS to Dudley or drivers being despatched from Dudley to meet there bus at Halesowen.

Oh and @Winston is the answer, So of course the most logical solution would be to join two unreliable services together to make one long one totally ballsed up service?

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 09, 2017, 07:02:05 PM
But , as I have mentioned before, the reliability doesn't matter to much because the service no longer serves Birmingam.

You will get the 244 mainly running between the QE and Halesowen and if I am not mistaken, buses going NIS to Dudley or drivers being despatched from Dudley to meet there bus at Halesowen.

Oh and @Winston is the answer, So of course the most logical solution would be to join two unreliable services together to make one long one totally ballsed up service?

Same doom & gloom we are getting before a service has changed, the same as the Bristol Road changes were 'stupid', 'useless', 'not going to cope' Strangely the passengers seem to be getting on alright!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on March 09, 2017, 07:06:15 PM
Same doom & gloom we are getting before a service has changed, the same as the Bristol Road changes were 'stupid', 'useless', 'not going to cope' Strangely the passengers seem to be getting on alright!

So why weren't passengers consulted on these changes @Tony, NE lately seems very keen to consult on changes, but not on this one. Perhaps becuase they know everyone would be against it?

Stu

It would depend on which part of the route was making it unreliable. With regards to the 99, if it was the section between the QE and city centre causing the reliability issues, removing that part of the route from the equation would make the service more reliable as a result.

I don't know enough about the 244 route to comment knowledgably, but again, if the solution to reliability is to decrease the frequency to 30mins and allow for more running time, it stands a chance that combining the 244 and 99 would lead to a more reliable, albeit less frequent, service.

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 09, 2017, 07:08:58 PM
So why weren't passengers consulted on these changes @Tony, NE lately seems very keen to consult on changes, but not on this one. Perhaps becuase they know everyone would be against it?

Sometimes changes have to be made quickly in order to address issues, there isn't always the luxury of time to have a full consultation and review.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on March 09, 2017, 07:28:03 PM
Sometimes changes have to be made quickly in order to address issues, there isn't always the luxury of time to have a full consultation and review.

@Stu sorry that argument just doesn't wash with me, the 99 just hasn't suddenly become unreliable.

The reason why there was no consulation is because NE knew it would be unpopular, in that case, better to give people a fait accompli.

The easiest solution would have been either, make the route half hourly and allow extra time for the journey (but then there would be a problem with the 98) or add an extra bus into the PVR.

Trident 4194

Tony said the whole route was unreliable not just the QE- Brum section, so seems that there is also problems between Halesowen and QE.

The history of the 244 route is not the greatest for reliability God knows why but the usual crap about traffic will no doubt be suggested.

Harborne high street for one probably causes delays- 142 suffers delays at night too.

I really think this could have been rectified just by adding another piece of plastic to the route!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk