News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Quote from: Tony on November 24, 2016, 07:58:03 PM
I have driven routes many times, but still don't know all the pubs and restaurants on them.

Passenger on the 72 got on in City last week and asked if the bus went to Alum Rock Road. The driver was very confused, possibly due to the passengers extremely heavy Glasgow accent. But I'm sure asking about the Saltley Gate Inn and The Tilt Hammer didn't help matters!

j789

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 24, 2016, 07:50:41 PM
No she didn't, neither did the driver ask if she needed the Quinton Toby Carvery.

To say the driver didn't know where it was is silly because in the past 9Es have terminated there. He wasn't a new driver, he is a regular PE driver. Seen him on the 9s many times.

This sort of assumption by passengers is exactly the same when it comes to viewing all buses as being the same operator. The number of times I have been sat at Smallbrook Queensway whilst doing a 144 and a passenger has come up to me asking where they can get so and so NXWM bus from and then complaining saying that the company should educate their drivers about all of their routes! I'm not sure First employees need an in depth knowledge of National Express routes! Some people just see a bus and assume they are all the same.

Mike K

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 24, 2016, 07:50:41 PM
No she didn't, neither did the driver ask if she needed the Quinton Toby Carvery.

To say the driver didn't know where it was is silly because in the past 9Es have terminated there. He wasn't a new driver, he is a regular PE driver. Seen him on the 9s many times.

That pub was a well known landmark when it was called the Holly Bush but it lost its identity when it became Jeffersons and now it has no name at all, which doesn't help matters.

the trainbasher

I remember Jeffesons as being a timing point on the 9

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on November 24, 2016, 06:47:31 PM
Now at Carlyles

Have I missed a post somewhere? Has it been involved in a RTA?

markcf83

Quote from: MW on November 24, 2016, 08:17:28 PM
I didn't and still don't have a clue where plenty of buildings are on the 11 route.

The funny one I got asked a few times was where is Big Johns. There's 4-5 on the route lol

I've been in the one at Erdington. Where,just out with interest,are the others on the Outer Circle?
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Quote from: markcf83 on November 24, 2016, 09:39:21 PM
I've been in the one at Erdington. Where,just out with interest,are the others on the Outer Circle?
Acocks Green, Yardley Road.
Perry Barr.
Handsworth, Soho Road.
Selly Oak.
Kings Heath.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

the trainbasher

Quote from: markcf83 on November 24, 2016, 09:39:21 PM

Perry Barr, Selly Oak, Soho Road, AG Station.

(And yes, I have been in the first three, Erdington and the one in city, no need for Google maps for those three!)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

ARBB

I was asked if I stopped at Jefferson's yesterday on the X10. I had no idea where he meant then he said Toby Carvery.

I've had a load of people ask for the hollybush. Same as all the ones that ask for the amber tavern. It's not the amber tavern anymore either

the trainbasher

All this talk about food online is making me hungry!!!

don

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 24, 2016, 09:52:52 PM
All this talk about food online is making me hungry!!!

Basher, I'm pretty sure the venues and ex venues pndriver was referring to don't do on line order/delivery - you have to go there in person 😉 😀
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

karl724223

6714 has had a minor rta/rtc
The remaining plattys are coming tomorrow in service Saturday again

HAJ1073

Have any vehicles gone yet as 67xx are starting to appear? Some B7s and 43xx were suggested to be on the move

HAJ1073

Karl724223, its happening !!  :D

ARBB

Quote from: HAJ1073 on November 25, 2016, 10:12:22 AM
Have any vehicles gone yet as 67xx are starting to appear? Some B7s and 43xx were suggested to be on the move

4349, 4350 and another trident that I know of. May be more

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk