News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 29, 2016, 12:16:20 PM
Do the shifts finish at 11am? Why do I always see a massive queue of people waiting for number 9 at 11am. There were 2 in bus station at 11:01 and yet the first one did not depart until 11:20. Good every 7 mins that folks. A load of crap that branding, every 7 mins. Good joke! Don't use the traffic excuse as there is none. It's more a case of drivers constantly being late to shifts, which I suppose could be stopped. I think the 9 do more mileage having a ride around the bus station constantly than on the hagley road!!!

4200-9

I have a mate who's a doctor and his early shift normally finishes at 11. Traffic does play a part in it, do you understand how difficult it is to recover time on the 9! Not only that if the 246 is screwed then a driver coming off the 246 on an early may be RTA'd meaning he has to have a half hour break. Drivers constantly being late! Wtf that is the biggest load of bull I've ever read. Its a rare occasion (once or twice a day) thats the reason. What would you like them to do then? Block up two stands? Or go and park up until the driver is ready?

MW

Do the shifts finish at 11am? Why do I always see a massive queue of people waiting for number 9 at 11am. There were 2 in bus station at 11:01 and yet the first one did not depart until 11:20. Good every 7 mins that folks. A load of crap that branding, every 7 mins. Good joke! Don't use the traffic excuse as there is none. It's more a case of drivers constantly being late to shifts, which I suppose could be stopped. I think the 9 do more mileage having a ride around the bus station constantly than on the hagley road!!!

4200-9

You sound like a bell pusher. The type of moron who keeps pressing the bell at a driver change over.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Dom on November 29, 2016, 12:44:12 PM
I have a mate who's a doctor and his early shift normally finishes at 11. Traffic does play a part in it, do you understand how difficult it is to recover time on the 9! Not only that if the 246 is screwed then a driver coming off the 246 on an early may be RTA'd meaning he has to have a half hour break. Drivers constantly being late! Wtf that is the biggest load of bull I've ever read. Its a rare occasion (once or twice a day) thats the reason. What would you like them to do then? Block up two stands? Or go and park up until the driver is ready?

It's not acceptable!! They need more drivers if that's the case!!

The Real 4778

Quote from: markcf83 on November 24, 2016, 09:39:21 PM
I've been in the (Big John's) at Erdington. Where,just out with interest,are the others on the Outer Circle?

Calories Street
Diabetes Lane
Morbid Obesity Road West
Cholesterol Queensway
Acne Avenue

Don't you start.

Trident 4194

Quote from: MW on November 29, 2016, 12:58:25 PM
You sound like a bell pusher. The type of moron who keeps pressing the bell at a driver change over.

No one ever allowed on the damn bus lol

The pieces of plastic are running on time though for a change.

John

Buses can still run late at 11am trying to recover from the morning peak. Especially if they are not adjusted. Like me last Saturday, I was still late 20 minutes on the 907 at 8pm when there was no traffic, still trying to catch up from earlier that afternoon with the awful traffic in City

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 29, 2016, 12:59:46 PM
It's not acceptable!! They need more drivers if that's the case!!
You really are posting crap. Not Traffic. 9s were losing up to 40min this morning

Dom

Quote from: Tony on November 29, 2016, 01:22:35 PM
You really are posting crap. Not Traffic. 9s were losing up to 40min this morning

Yes but Tony put some red bull in the adblue this morning so it'd grow wings and fly over the traffic!

karl724223

6715 Freya
6718 maya Louise

Trident 4194

Quote from: Dom on November 29, 2016, 01:26:59 PM
Yes but Tony put some red bull in the adblue this morning so it'd grow wings and fly over the traffic!

That's not my point, my point is lack of urgency to get passengers to destination

The Real 4778

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 29, 2016, 02:38:08 PM
That's not my point, my point is lack of urgency to get passengers to destination

Should switch on their blues and twos maybe......   

Rolls eyes
Don't you start.

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 29, 2016, 02:38:08 PM

One of those two drivers you refer to was on an early turn and due to finish his first portion at 09:48. Because of traffic jams along the route he didn't arrive in Stourbridge Bus Station until 10:40. That driver was willing to give up most of his break to help the public, but legally cannot get back into a vehicle before 11:10.

don

Quote from: The Real 4778 on November 29, 2016, 02:42:55 PM
Should switch on their blues and twos maybe......   

Rolls eyes

Does Trident 4194 ever get on the 9 these days  ;D May be a candidate for early withdrawal so not for too much longer I guess!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on November 29, 2016, 02:55:48 PM
One of those two drivers you refer to was on an early turn and due to finish his first portion at 09:48. Because of traffic jams along the route he didn't arrive in Stourbridge Bus Station until 10:40. That driver was willing to give up most of his break to help the public, but legally cannot get back into a vehicle before 11:10.

Ok but it is a regular occurrence at that timing. Every week it happens. I guarantee it will next week too.

What about the other driver? Was he in the same boat?

The Real 4778

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 29, 2016, 03:05:38 PM

What about the other driver? Was he in the same boat?

That's the bloody trouble, the crew are delayed by commuting along the cut!
Don't you start.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk