News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARBB

Quote from: s94 on April 24, 2016, 02:53:54 PM
What on earth has happened to the Dudley bus review? Is it still on. Almost a year since the original consultations? Will be second half of 2016 if anything happens now I reckon.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

s94

Quote from: pndriver on April 24, 2016, 03:20:21 PM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it
I agree if they see things fine as they are then no need to make changes. Surprised it seems absolutely nothing is to change mind (it seems that anyway) but good to hear at the same time if it seems things are good as they are at the moment. :)

4357 on route back to garage.

Westy

Quote from: s94 on April 24, 2016, 03:29:43 PM
I agree if they see things fine as they are then no need to make changes. Surprised it seems absolutely nothing is to change mind (it seems that anyway) but good to hear at the same time if it seems things are good as they are at the moment. :)

If that's the case(surprised if it ain't), you would've thought the numbers would have been changed, as it's the final area still mainly in the old WMPTE(Midland Red !) series.

(Excepting odds & sods in other series of course!)

Dom

@Jack6101 Tridents on the 222 are not noteworthy. They are second choice on there due to the length of B7RLEs.

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

busboy31

Quote from: 979 on April 24, 2016, 05:11:26 PM
4357 on route back to garage.
Why has it got an all-over advert?

Tony

Quote from: busboy31 on April 25, 2016, 07:30:45 PM

Because someone is paying for it to carry an advert

GeminiFan1991

1 of the ways NX generates revenue
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on April 25, 2016, 07:47:38 PM
1 of the ways NX generates revenue

While I agree that NX need to generate extra income, I don't feel that NX need to go as far as all over ads. To me, covering the whole bus is taking it a stage to far, plus the fact that sometimes it ruins the paintwork of the bus which then means the bus is off the road while it's repainted. Yes, the firm whose ad it was have to pay for the repaint, but i doubt whether they compensate NX for the lost mileage of the bus.

Do all over ads really work and generate extra income for these firms?

Don't know what other people feel??
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 25, 2016, 08:22:46 PM
While I agree that NX need to generate extra income, I don't feel that NX need to go as far as all over ads. To me, covering the whole bus is taking it a stage to far, plus the fact that sometimes it ruins the paintwork of the bus which then means the bus is off the road while it's repainted. Yes, the firm whose ad it was have to pay for the repaint, but i doubt whether they compensate NX for the lost mileage of the bus.

Do all over ads really work and generate extra income for these firms?

Don't know what other people feel??

I think the all over add is the decision of the business as opposed to NX themselves and I doubt NX care whether is generates revenue for the company providing they get their payment for it. I can somewhat see the reasoning for an all over advert on a bus as it makes the bus stand out and therefore more noticeable, whether it generates income is another thing.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

MW

Is it a proper all over as in the front is done too? Or is it all but the front?

ARBB

Quote from: MW on April 25, 2016, 09:59:46 PM
Is it a proper all over as in the front is done too? Or is it all but the front?

Front not done, sides stretch the the side of windscreen though

Ronnoc

Because the paint is bad and it looks better in an overall before heading for a repaint.

Roy

Quote from: s94 on April 24, 2016, 02:53:54 PM
What on earth has happened to the Dudley bus review? Is it still on. Almost a year since the original consultations? Will be second half of 2016 if anything happens now I reckon.
It was put on the back burner because of major staff changes at Centro and the absorption of Centro into WMCA.  it has been restarted now but we won't see changes until late this year.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk