News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: s94 on May 13, 2013, 08:49:56 PM
Was just thinking, although the 289, the 9th June change effectively ends the very long history the 238 had going to Merry Hill. When did this specific service start?

The 238 was introduced by Stevensons during the 1990's, not sure of exact dates. This was one of a few services retained by WMT upon takeover of Stevensons West Midlands operation

nitromatt1

Winston, when you went to the depot today, did you see how many E400s were parked up?

richie

Quote from: s94 on May 13, 2013, 08:52:16 PM
Quote from: Winston on May 13, 2013, 04:36:00 PM
Quote from: s94 on May 13, 2013, 04:27:08 PM
So with the 289 being curtailed to West Brom to Old Hill in June, will the route go back to WB again or remain at PE I wonder.

I'd imagine it will stay with Pensnett as doesn't it still interwork with the 53?

I notice the 222 is also been reduced in frequency during the daytime to every 15 mins from every 12 mins
The 222 change will mean a change/edit to the branding already then. But will this free up an Enviro perhaps for other routes? Though might not look too good unless they debranded one if that was the case.

I would have thought the frequency reduction wouldn't lower the amount of buses required for the 222

winston

Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 13, 2013, 09:06:55 PM
Winston, when you went to the depot today, did you see how many E400s were parked up?

I think there were only two/three Enviros parked up in the yard, one was 4811. It was around 3:30pm, so those that were taking up PM peak running boards had already left the depot

winston

Quote from: richie on May 13, 2013, 09:08:17 PM
Quote from: s94 on May 13, 2013, 08:52:16 PM
Quote from: Winston on May 13, 2013, 04:36:00 PM
Quote from: s94 on May 13, 2013, 04:27:08 PM
So with the 289 being curtailed to West Brom to Old Hill in June, will the route go back to WB again or remain at PE I wonder.

I'd imagine it will stay with Pensnett as doesn't it still interwork with the 53?

I notice the 222 is also been reduced in frequency during the daytime to every 15 mins from every 12 mins
The 222 change will mean a change/edit to the branding already then. But will this free up an Enviro perhaps for other routes? Though might not look too good unless they debranded one if that was the case.

I would have thought the frequency reduction wouldn't lower the amount of buses required for the 222

Has the 222 been reduced in frequency to improve reliability?

nitromatt1

Quote from: Winston on May 13, 2013, 09:21:59 PM

I think there were only two/three Enviros parked up in the yard, one was 4811. It was around 3:30pm, so those that were taking up PM peak running boards had already left the depot

That's odd, I saw 4811 in service on the 9 about 6pm

winston

Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 13, 2013, 09:40:45 PM

Maybe there are PM peak buses that leave the depot later than 3.30pm then, 4811 was definitely one of them as I noticed some paintwork had come off the rear end after having had the green branding removed

nitromatt1

One thing I have noticed is that 4813 (my personal favourite) seems to see the least service of the E400s, I only seem to see it in peak times these days

Andrew1991

Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 07, 2013, 10:41:50 AM
Quote from: Winston on May 07, 2013, 10:31:53 AM
Quote from: Stu on May 07, 2013, 10:12:01 AM
Actually this is the full post referred to:

QuoteNational Express North Birmingham, is National Express West Midlands new arm to Sutton Coldfield services. With 2 new garages in the Sutton Coldfield and Erdington area the operations team which includes Jordan Davies (Area Supervisor) Matthew Mckenzie (Assistant Operations Manager) Jack Jones (Senior Operation Assistant) will operate a fleet of 180 vehicles throughout the Sutton Coldfield, Kingstanding and Erdington areas.

The new arm was established from a sell out from Rotala who had purchased shares in Travel Your Bus which was the trading name for Smiths Coaches (Shenington) Ltd during early 90's. When National Express acquired the Your Bus operations, the Rotala stake in the North Birmingham garage remained in Rotalas operation until 2013, when it was finally sold to National Express in April. National Express will operate this as a separate arm of National Express West Midlands following the service review in North Birmingham area. NX North Birmingham (NXNB) will introduce links to to Walsall, Lichfield, Tamworth, Cannock and Headnesford from Sutton Coldfield, while acquiring some of the existing services operated by Perry Barr and Walsall Garages.

Matthew Mckenzie (Assistant Operations Manager) said "We welcome the change, we are not hear to take over from our partner companies in the West Midlands and Coventry. We will work to establish new contracts outside the West Midlands County" "We have undertaken a statistical study during the last 6months to ensure 97% of our services will meet commercially viable operations, reducing the risk of tendered contracts"

Jack Jones (Senior Operations Assistant) "We would like to take this opportunity to welcome bus travellers across the North Birmingham and surrounding areas. We have a direct and dedicated team for passengers to make comments and suggestions at National Express North Birmingham, as we strive to be the best in class"

Jordan Davies (Area Supervisor) will be cutting the ribbon on the new garages on Monday 3rd of June 2013. Jordan Davies said "We will be taking delivery of 20 new vehicles from the 20th of May and for painting in the new red, blue and yellow livery. Over the next 6 months a further 40 will be brought into operation at NXNB including 30 Electric Hybrid Vehicles. A brake down of this shows that North Birmingham Garages will receive:
10 Hybrid Volvo B5L (Wright Eclipse Gemini 2)
20 Hybrid Optare Solo
10 Slimline Optare Solo
20 'Citaro' Mercedes-Benz

What a load of toss. Clearly living in a fantasy world (surprised Reiss isn't head of network planning  :D), the lot of them.

Oh its that Matthew Reppin Mckenzie NXWM's chief route planner assisted by Reiss Belle-Ffrench...... Jordan Davies claims to be a bus driver working at Pensnett, his route suggestions are no better than Reiss's ???

Think they all live on another planet to the rest of us......

I have several rides on Pensnett routes every day as it's my local garage and I have never been driven by or seen anyone looking like him

for anyone wanting to go Jordan spotting tomorrow he's apparently 'Driving' the 222 tomorrow

richie

Quote from: Andrew (a1991) on May 13, 2013, 10:47:15 PM

QuoteNational Express North Birmingham, is National Express West Midlands new arm to Sutton Coldfield services. With 2 new garages in the Sutton Coldfield and Erdington area the operations team which includes Jordan Davies (Area Supervisor) Matthew Mckenzie (Assistant Operations Manager) Jack Jones (Senior Operation Assistant) will operate a fleet of 180 vehicles throughout the Sutton Coldfield, Kingstanding and Erdington areas.

The new arm was established from a sell out from Rotala who had purchased shares in Travel Your Bus which was the trading name for Smiths Coaches (Shenington) Ltd during early 90's. When National Express acquired the Your Bus operations, the Rotala stake in the North Birmingham garage remained in Rotalas operation until 2013, when it was finally sold to National Express in April. National Express will operate this as a separate arm of National Express West Midlands following the service review in North Birmingham area. NX North Birmingham (NXNB) will introduce links to to Walsall, Lichfield, Tamworth, Cannock and Headnesford from Sutton Coldfield, while acquiring some of the existing services operated by Perry Barr and Walsall Garages.

Matthew Mckenzie (Assistant Operations Manager) said "We welcome the change, we are not hear to take over from our partner companies in the West Midlands and Coventry. We will work to establish new contracts outside the West Midlands County" "We have undertaken a statistical study during the last 6months to ensure 97% of our services will meet commercially viable operations, reducing the risk of tendered contracts"

Jack Jones (Senior Operations Assistant) "We would like to take this opportunity to welcome bus travellers across the North Birmingham and surrounding areas. We have a direct and dedicated team for passengers to make comments and suggestions at National Express North Birmingham, as we strive to be the best in class"

Jordan Davies (Area Supervisor) will be cutting the ribbon on the new garages on Monday 3rd of June 2013. Jordan Davies said "We will be taking delivery of 20 new vehicles from the 20th of May and for painting in the new red, blue and yellow livery. Over the next 6 months a further 40 will be brought into operation at NXNB including 30 Electric Hybrid Vehicles. A brake down of this shows that North Birmingham Garages will receive:
20 Hybrid Optare Solo
10 Slimline Optare Solo

What a load of toss. Clearly living in a fantasy world (surprised Reiss isn't head of network planning  :D), the lot of them.

Oh its that Matthew Reppin Mckenzie NXWM's chief route planner assisted by Reiss Belle-Ffrench...... Jordan Davies claims to be a bus driver working at Pensnett, his route suggestions are no better than Reiss's ???

I have several rides on Pensnett routes every day as it's my local garage and I have never been driven by or seen anyone looking like him

for anyone wanting to go Jordan spotting tomorrow he's apparently 'Driving' the 222 tomorrow

If that's his picture he defiantly isn't employed at Pensnett let alone a driver.

richie

Quote from: Winston on May 13, 2013, 10:14:51 PM

Maybe there are PM peak buses that leave the depot later than 3.30pm then, 4811 was definitely one of them as I noticed some paintwork had come off the rear end after having had the green branding removed

Last one departs at 15:57 towards Stourbridge

winston

Quote from: richie on May 14, 2013, 08:41:14 AM
Quote from: Winston on May 13, 2013, 10:14:51 PM

Last one departs at 15:57 towards Stourbridge

Thanks Rich

winston

Quote from: richie on May 14, 2013, 08:39:17 AM

20 Hybrid Optare Solo
10 Slimline Optare Solo

If that's his picture he defiantly isn't employed at Pensnett let alone a driver.

PMSL

karl724223

Quote from: richie on May 14, 2013, 08:39:17 AM

20 Hybrid Optare Solo
10 Slimline Optare Solo

escaped from bushy fields

karl724223

222 branded 828 was on x96 today  8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk